Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 18, 2024, 12:54:10 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done] Calendar Mod [Ver 1.4] « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done] Calendar Mod [Ver 1.4]  (Read 148150 times)
Myiasis

I'm a llama!

[Done] Calendar Mod [Ver 1.4]
« on: April 30, 2002, 07:16:39 AM »

Might need to bear with me a little here. I wrote a calendar for my own use, and have been using it for several weeks, but I've never tried to package anything as a mod before. There was some interest in the calendar so I've tried to package it as a mod.

It's a Boardmod file and there were some things I didn't find a way to do, so please read the Readme.txt file --  There are a couple of images to move, a Calendar.php to go into the Sources directory and some database scripts to run.

I tried to keep as much of the code in Calendar.php as possible, but there were places in various files that had had to be changed.

I've been running this for a few weeks and seems to be working fine for me. I did change a couple of things before I packaged this up though -- it wasn't using the settings table for instance.

For a sample of what it looks like: Calendar Sample. You won't be able to post on it though as it's a live board restricting posting to the members. There are a couple of public events and bithdays showing.

CalendarMod Version 1.3

Aaron
« Last Edit: May 20, 2002, 08:26:16 PM by Myiasis » Logged
joker

Fanatiker sind zu allem fähig, sonst aber zu nix!

Re:[Beta] Calendar Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 07:48:47 AM »

Nice thing!
Are birthdays included (autom. from the birthday-mod or user profiles) or do you have to submit them as calendar events?

MfG joker ;)
Myiasis

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 07:53:21 AM »

The birthdays are right from the user profiles and automatic. If they have not entered a birthdate, they just won't ever show up on the calendar.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2002, 07:53:51 AM by Myiasis » Logged
Ironman
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 08:43:28 AM »

Sorry, maybe I'm blind or what, but I can't see any Mod in that Sample above... :)
vorapoap (vory)

Not considered either a living or death

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 08:45:42 AM »

Quote from: Ironman on April 30, 2002, 08:43:28 AMSorry, maybe I'm blind or what, but I can't see any Mod in that Sample above... :)

Do you mean the 'calendar' button that you can't see?.. it is the button next to others on the main screen.

On the route to hell...
Ironman
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 09:16:20 AM »

LOL, now I've seen it. I must be blind, maybe I should contact a doctor for my eyes...  ;)
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2002, 09:38:53 AM »

Working, but : when I delete an event bij just deleting the message, it still shows as an event, and can't be deleted.

So, should there not be a "delete event" option ?!

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
Ironman
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 09:50:51 AM »

Maybe it's a nice Thing, but if I try to install it with BoardModSE there comes an error message 'String not found', does anyone know why? Or can somebody tell me how to install?  ;)
Myiasis

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 10:01:57 AM »

Quote from: Webby on April 30, 2002, 09:38:53 AMWorking, but : when I delete an event bij just deleting the message, it still shows as an event, and can't be deleted.

So, should there not be a "delete event" option ?!

Well, you can delete them directly, but deleting the last message or using the remove topic command is supposed to be deleting the event as well -- does for me anyway, hrm!

To edit an event click the red asterisk by the event name. You'll only see it if you are a global mod, admin, or the creator of the event. From there you can delete it directly.
Myiasis

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2002, 10:03:54 AM »

Quote from: Ironman on April 30, 2002, 09:50:51 AMMaybe it's a nice Thing, but if I try to install it with BoardModSE there comes an error message 'String not found', does anyone know why? Or can somebody tell me how to install?  ;)

Have you modified your board at all? It sounds to me like Boardmod cannot find one of the search strings I put in the .mod file. This is just a guess as I haven't used Boardmod much, but that's the first thing that pops to mind.

What you might do instead is look at the lines in the <Search For> clause in the mod file that is generating the string not found and try to find that spot in the file yourself -- then make the change by hand. Or let me know where it is it cannot find and I can direct you to it via the function it is found within.
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2002, 10:12:39 AM »

Woohoo, it works ;)

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Myiasis

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2002, 10:27:31 AM »

Quote from: Webby on April 30, 2002, 10:12:39 AMWoohoo, it works ;)

So which ways did not work for you Webby? When you use the Remove Topic command, does the event get removed? And when you use the "Delete Message" and it is the last message in the topid, does the event get removed then?
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2002, 10:36:46 AM »

.....well, it works both ways now  ;D

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Ironman
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2002, 06:04:26 PM »

Well, I just had to do it all manually, now it runs and works properly. So in which File I have to do some translations to german? Is it the calendar.php?
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2002, 06:05:28 PM »

Yes, there you have to translate most of it.

Also in modsettings.php................

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done] Calendar Mod [Ver 1.4] « previous - next »