Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 01:44:05 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  PfaBB Portal update « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: PfaBB Portal update  (Read 214575 times)
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
PfaBB Portal update
« on: January 24, 2003, 06:49:13 PM »

I'm still working hard on PfaBB, a port from the original v.6 of YaPP, written by the incredibly talented Chris Cromer and Eric M. You can see it in action at C4G and check out the features. It's designed to work with the all new YaBB SE v1.5.1. I've added a customizable home page, a FAQ module and slightly redesigned the template.

If you were a modder for YaPP and have something you think should be a core feature for PfaBB, head on over to the site and let me know. If you just need more info, come on over and leave a message in the forums!

Thanks for everyone's support,
Mad Moya (Michele)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 06:15:40 AM by Mad Moya » Logged

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:PfaBB Portal update
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 11:21:10 PM »

Nice Mad Moya, right on top of everything!! ;)

Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 11:28:04 PM »

* Mad Moya blushes

Thanks guys... got the patch in as soon as you released it, and even manually patched my old YaPP site running v1.4.1 yet. ;)

formerly Mad Moya
John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 04:52:39 AM »

QuoteQuote from: Michele on January 22, 2003, 04:15:01 PM
We're a long way from releasing anything, heck, we don't even have a name for it, but it will be based on Eric's and Chris's YaPP package. We'll be doing great things with it, so check back often!

UPDATE: It looks like we might have a name... unless you tell us how horrible our choice was, the name will be PfaBB (Portal for another Bulletin Board)... that's right, we're pfabbulous!

So far I really like what I see which one small exception.  Since, and I quote "we don't even have a name for it, but it will be based on Eric's and Chris's YaPP package", these are your words not mine.  Where is any credit for Eric & Chris displayed on your see it in action forum

cheers...................

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
Killer Possum

turboz3@msn.com WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 05:32:13 AM »

That's sweet!!! Can't wait for a public release!!!
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 06:16:42 AM »

Quote from: John R on January 25, 2003, 04:52:39 AMSo far I really like what I see which one small exception.  Since, and I quote "we don't even have a name for it, but it will be based on Eric's and Chris's YaPP package", these are your words not mine.  Where is any credit for Eric & Chris displayed on your see it in action forum

cheers...................

I modified the first post... my apologies to Eric and Chris... they really did do an incredible job with YaPP!

formerly Mad Moya
Dr_Michael

Hellenic web

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 12:35:49 PM »

When will it be ready for download? It seems great!

Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2003, 02:35:20 PM »

Soon... it depends on the RC releases from YaBB here. Every time they update their code, I have to update mine, and then test the integration. So once they slow down on their RC releases I should be able to release some code for testing.

I actually took a heavily modded v1.4.1 board with YaPP .6 on it, upgraded it to v1.5.1, then applied my PfaBB files to it, and it nearly worked... it was a simple mistake on my end, I missed a file. I finally did get it working though. :)

So all I can say is... it's getting there.
MM

formerly Mad Moya
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2003, 03:58:29 PM »

It's funny how people are saying it's awesome and great and stuff, and yet except for a couple mods, it's no different than YaPP yet ::)
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2003, 08:45:26 PM »

Quote from: Jedi~ on January 25, 2003, 03:58:29 PMIt's funny how people are saying it's awesome and great and stuff, and yet except for a couple mods, it's no different than YaPP yet ::)

wand what was aaid about yapp when it first started with its relation to YSE? :).

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2003, 10:12:36 PM »

People still say/ask that. Some people think YaPP is the same think as YaBBSE... they think the blocks are made in the template, not generated from YaPP itself.

But if I am not mistaken, that is entirly YaPP, and only 1 new feature it looks like...

On another note: Cool, I got my name in the <yabb credits> ;D

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2003, 01:41:38 AM »

Quote from: Shoeb Omar on January 25, 2003, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: Jedi~ on January 25, 2003, 03:58:29 PMIt's funny how people are saying it's awesome and great and stuff, and yet except for a couple mods, it's no different than YaPP yet ::)

wand what was aaid about yapp when it first started with its relation to YSE? :).

Because it had blocks and front page news.
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2003, 02:46:03 AM »

I haven't done much to it yet, so there isn't much to see. I integrated v1.5.1 with it and I added the FAQ module and I'm playing with the style and templating code... that's about it so far. :)

Lately I've been trying to keep up with the RC releases, so haven't been able to do much else... which is one reason it isn't available for download yet... don't forget though, that YaPP is available. If you're not beta testing v1.5.1 of YaBB SE, it still works great with v1.4.x!

Mad Moya

formerly Mad Moya
Joline Des`Chats
Noobie

Have you seen my monkey?

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003, 11:15:49 PM »

The way I look at it, Pfabb is in fact ahead of where Yapp is for the simple fact that it is already integrated to se 1.51.  Now, thats just the way I look at it, because I dont know what Eric is working on that isnt running somewhere publicly seen.

Once the team for Pfabb gets things coded, it will start to look and feel much different than Yapp.  Well, thats what I expect to happen  :D ;)

My "PfaBB" website: Fellowship of Kings
Ask me about the templates!
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 11:41:43 PM »

The yapp.phpworld.net site is 0.6.2, so it is public what we work on. ;)

It already has 1.5.0 integration, and Eric is going to update it to 1.5.1 now.

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  PfaBB Portal update « previous - next »