Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 04:28:21 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  How da hell do I convert lol « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: How da hell do I convert lol  (Read 5156 times)
rican5vl

I would do this girl for hours!

How da hell do I convert lol
« on: December 23, 2001, 01:03:04 PM »

I just set it up...man took only a minute for me, I love being so great hehehe jk guys lol

First off my board is on a completely different website, I need to copy and paste all the current member information over to my new website and then convert...the posts and members.

problem is how do I transfer my members and their posts into the new board...PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY... lol

This is much faster then the CGI/ PL version SP1 I think its good, the other version is good for smaller websites and this one for faster sites...

But can you help?

Rican5vL:
Jay Silverman

And So It Begins.

ICQ - 213566 WWW
Re:How da hell do I convert lol
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 01:15:38 PM »

Use the converter.php file.  If you dont have it, it's in the non-safe version zip file.
RobDownSouth
Noobie

Excellence In Elocution

Re:How da hell do I convert lol
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 01:42:23 PM »

Hi rican5vl,
I had the exact situation you had.

What I did was:

Put my old site in maintenance mode.

Back my old YaBB board off the old site using FTP to my local hard disk

Loaded the old site (all directories) to my new machine using FTP from my local hard disk

ran the convert php program. pointed the converter towards the dummy "old site" on my new host.
conversion was very fast. Did not lose a single user or post.

Removed old YaBB from my old host and redirected folks to my new host.

Removed old YaBB from my new host.

( I did goof and set the target directory wrong the first time, took me a good 4 hours to correct because evidently data is written to the database the very first time, and not subsequent install attempts, so it was always mangling my directories, could convert okay but not execute the php stuff...oh well, live and learn)
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  How da hell do I convert lol « previous - next »