Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 08:03:32 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Installer Interrupted! Server Connection Issues « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Installer Interrupted! Server Connection Issues  (Read 2702 times)
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
Installer Interrupted! Server Connection Issues
« on: December 21, 2001, 06:02:20 AM »

Ok, my server has been having SEVERE connection issues all day today. Its ticking me off.. but thats not my point...

Now, the installer successfully copied all the files I think (extracted from the archive, that is). On the settings screen, I didn't what to enter for any of this, so I just stuck to all the defaults (localhost and so forth). I believe it should all be ok. But when I clicked "Proceed" -- my server crapped out on me again. (They're getting a very unhappy support call tomorrow from an unhappy customer.)

Question:
Will problems arise from starting the intaller over again tomorrow (assuming my webhost gets their act together before I lose my last bits of patience)?

You know, most of the installer is extremely straight forward so far -- except for the initial server settings screen. Perhaps you could make that a little more intuitive. Just a thought. I really need the question above answered though... :-\

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Patty

Drat. I caught Darth Llama.

Re:Installer Interrupted! Server Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 07:54:01 AM »

To be 100 % safe, I'd start fresh if I were you. Meaning I'd delete the database and your yabbse folder, then I'd recreate them.

However, in theory, as long as you choose to overwrite conflicting data, you should be OK.

But did you make sure the database name and user name were cool? I know mine are slightly different from the YaBBSE defaults because of the way my host operates.
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 03:56:03 PM »

Yep, you'd better do a fresh install, and ask here about what names you have to fill out in all boxes which you are not sure about.

t0lerence

t0lerence.co.uk Boss!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 06:10:14 PM »

Definately do a clean installation, find out if ur connection details are correct as well!

O0 Cos im high! Cos im high! Cos im hiigggghhhh!!!!

REMEMBER DRUGS R BAD, M'KAY!!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Installer Interrupted! Server Connection Issues « previous - next »