Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 05:29:42 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  YaBB SE User Survey Completed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB SE User Survey Completed  (Read 14118 times)
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

YaBB SE User Survey Completed
« on: January 31, 2003, 01:59:06 AM »

We'd like to thank all of those that took part in the SE User Survey. We received exactly 330 responses in the short time it was up and are compiling the results now.

Some fantastic feedback was given by many of you. Some was praise, some was constructive criticism.

While I would have liked to be able to speak to SOME of the reples (you always get the angry people to reply in surveys like this) we appreciate the comments given by people suggesting things.

These ranged from having SE updates available by wget, going to open beta (which we've done), adding split/merge (which we've done), to offering multiple templates, adding easier ways to see what revision files are on, to several other suggestions which were all very helpful and as a team we'll go over them and see which ones we can apply to the YaBB SE project!

I will post the results after we've had a chance to look them over before posting...

Killer Possum

turboz3@msn.com WWW
Re:YaBB SE User Survey Completed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 02:37:54 AM »

hehe I'm a statistic.. I'm am 1 of 330 servey takers.. or something :P That servey was a great idea. It had lots of good questions :)

Personaly, I will be very happy if YaBB SE became a portal ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 02:40:40 AM by Killer Possum » Logged
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 07:54:10 PM »

The results and comments can be found here: http://www.yabbse.org/jeffstools/survey.pdf

Joel

Thanks YaBB SE Devs!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 11:19:07 PM »

Very interesting.

It's at least a little encouraging to know that not everyone wants YaBB SE to become a portal with forums on the side.
PHPlugin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 01:47:03 AM »

Well ... not all!

If I want a CMS, I woudn't love YaBB SE,
I want a forum, like YaBB SE! ;)

Sure, a CMS would be also cool,
but then like a mod,
where you can install it with, or without CMS function!

Or another project, YaCMS SE, which can be DLed extra!
Ipstenu
Noobie

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 02:40:53 PM »

See and I still want an easier way to turn off the features I don't need ;) Example, I don't want to deal with IM (people can report threads and email me, I don't need another lpace to keep track of messages), and I end up having to hack the code to hide it :) Not that I mind, since it's a fun exercise, but it's the principle of the thing :)

That said, I love me YabbSE and I can't wait for Trinity! Or the MatrixII and III. Yay :)
Overseer

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 03:48:27 PM »

cool. am impressed its being organised this well :)

wish i could remember what i wrote now.. something about barring troublesome users probably :)

I learned that from the G's, a G is an Overseer, the Overseer sees.
More than you do 'cause he gets experienced - Snoop on Daz's OG

Supreme exalted, universal leader, Descendent of the kings and queens, the Overseer
The overlord, cream of the crop, creme de la creme - Gang Starr  Royalty
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 09:13:11 PM »

Well we've got all the responses and are looking them over in order to get everyones ideas :) We appreciate the feedback - even the painful stuff ;)

<FLY>Ranger
Noobie

ICQ - 7437750 WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 10:33:39 AM »

I did fill in the survey, but another feature i forgot to mention would be the ability to make a single post and then rather than move, to copy that post to multiple boards.

I have made several posts and had to redo them manually on each board i want it copied in which is time consuming and i get told to now spam (even though i run the board) we do have an announcment section however this isnt enough for the really important posts, im sure its not too hard to implement, i could probably write the code for you if you wanted, i never did make a mod for it but i think it should be an offical feature not just a mod ;D

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  YaBB SE User Survey Completed « previous - next »