Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 01:15:07 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0  (Read 196151 times)
soundgeek23
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[done 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2003, 07:59:04 PM »

i just installed pfabb for the first time. this is my first php project. though im just running this on windows 2000 using php triad. works great. except i have to leave my database passwd blank.
anyway i would like to use integrated chatr on my new site.
could you point me in the right direction? im new to this and dont know how to install this mod.

plz help.....
soundgeek23
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2003, 08:34:01 PM »

Quote from: goosemoose on February 14, 2003, 06:27:28 AM
http://216.117.204.226/integratedchat2_151.zip
The new version of the mod works with 1.5.1 , and 1.5.0.

I've been working long and hard, and here it is. Version 2.0! I don't think there are any bugs, and it works with BoardMod. Let me know if you have a successfull instal so I can take it out of beta.

where are instrutions?
New Features:

- Added Settings in Admin Panel:
  -Change Room Name
  -Change Room Password
  -Change Appended Name
  -Turn Rooms List On/Off
  -Select Chat Language
  -Change Chat Applet Width
  -Change Chat Applet Height

- Chat applet now compatible with all browsers (works better with netscape).

- Added a button to float the chat applet.

- Chat button automatically switches to text with the rest of the menu,

- New script to display list of users, faster and lists          users even in hidden rooms.

- New script to list number of users, faster and works in hidden rooms.

- Fixed problem with usernames with . _ or spaces in their name (credit to bananaman)

Installation instructions included with mod. READ THEM. If you are running another version you will need to uninstall it first!

Once you install the mod MAKE SURE TO REGISTER YOUR CHAT ROOM! Do this by double clicking on the chat room once you have logged in. You also need to register your name by double clicking on your name.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, If you notice any let me know.

Please let us know if it installed okay!

If you need this for another version of YaBB let me know.

PostDeals

Checkout postdeals.net for the latest deals.

« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2003, 12:36:16 AM »

awesome

thanks

For HotDeals, Coupons, Games Visit: www.postdeals.net

Shadow's Pawn
Support Team
YaBB God

ich soll nicht toten

ICQ - 8039201shadowpawn@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2003, 04:27:03 AM »

Quote from: soundgeek23 on September 12, 2003, 07:59:04 PM
i just installed pfabb for the first time. this is my first php project. though im just running this on windows 2000 using php triad. works great. except i have to leave my database passwd blank.
anyway i would like to use integrated chatr on my new site.
could you point me in the right direction? im new to this and dont know how to install this mod.

plz help.....

Look on the pfabb site.  There is a conversion for this mod.

apologize \A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. - To lay the foundation for a future offense.
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2003, 11:29:12 PM »

I don't know if someone fixed this already, but I was looking at ModSettings.php and found what causes the select menus to not default to the saved setting

the tabs are replaced with spaces here, you'll have to fix that in your code (if it matters to you, that is)

change this block

//Chat Setings
   $chatLanguageEnglish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='embedded')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageDutch = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='dutch')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageGerman = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='german')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageGreek = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='greek')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageNepal = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='nepal')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageSpanish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='spanish')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageTurkish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='turkey')?' selected':'';
   $chatLanguageFrench = ($modSettings['chatLanguage']=='french')?' selected':'';
   $chatRoomsTabEnable = ($modSettings['chatRoomsTab']=='true')?' selected':'';
   $chatRoomsTabDisable = ($modSettings['chatRoomsTab']=='false')?' selected':'';
//End Chat Settings

with this

//Chat Setings
   $chatLanguageEnglish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'embedded' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageDutch = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'dutch' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageGerman = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'german' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageGreek = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'greek' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageNepal = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'nepal' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageSpanish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'spanish' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageTurkish = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'turkey' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatLanguageFrench = ($modSettings['chatLanguage'] == 'french' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatRoomsTabEnable = ($modSettings['chatRoomsTab'] == 'true' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
   $chatRoomsTabDisable = ($modSettings['chatRoomsTab'] == 'false' ? ' selected="selected"' : '');
//End Chat Settings

« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 11:33:09 PM by Anguz » Logged

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2003, 11:30:05 PM »

and this block

</tr><tr>
                        <td class="titlebg" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '" colspan="3" align="center"><b>' . $txt['chat1'] . '</b></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Chat Language</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><select name="chatLanguage"><option value="embedded" $chatLanguageEnglish>English</option>
                         <option value="dutch" $chatLanguageDutch>Dutch</option><option value="german" $chatLanguageGerman>German</option>
                         <option value="greek" $chatLanguageGreek>Greek</option><option value="nepal" $chatLanguageNepal>Nepal</option><option value="Spanish" $chatLanguageSpanish>Spanish</option>
                         <option value="turkey" $chatLanguageTurkish>Turkish</option><option value="french" $chatLanguageFrench>French</option></select></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Chat Room Name</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><input type=text name="chatRoomName" value="' . $modSettings['chatRoomName'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Appended to users name (usually an acronym for your forum)</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><input type=text name="chatAppend" value="' . $modSettings['chatAppend'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Chat Applet Width</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><input type=text name="chatWidth" value="' . $modSettings['chatWidth'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Chat Applet Height</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><input type=text name="chatHeight" value="' . $modSettings['chatHeight'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Chat Room Password</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><input type=text name="chatPassword" value="' . $modSettings['chatPassword'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><font size="2">Display Rooms Tab</font></td>
                         <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="$color[windowbg2]"><select name="chatRoomsTab"><option value="true" $chatRoomsTabEnable>On</option>
                         <option value="false" $chatRoomsTabDisable>Off</option></select></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '" colspan="3" align="center" valign="middle">
                           <hr size="1" width="100%" class="windowbg3" /><input type="submit" value="' . $txt[10] . '" />
                        </td>
                     </tr>

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2003, 11:30:40 PM »

with this one

</tr><tr>

<td class="titlebg" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '" colspan="3" align="center"><b>' . $txt['chat1'] . '</b></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Chat Language</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '">
                        <select name="chatLanguage">
                           <option value="embedded"' . $chatLanguageEnglish . '>English</option>
                           <option value="dutch"' . $chatLanguageDutch . '>Dutch</option>
                           <option value="german"' . $chatLanguageGerman . '>German</option>
                           <option value="greek"' . $chatLanguageGreek . '>Greek</option>
                           <option value="nepal"' . $chatLanguageNepal . '>Nepal</option>
                           <option value="spanish"' . $chatLanguageSpanish . '>Spanish</option>
                           <option value="turkey"' . $chatLanguageTurkish . '>Turkish</option>
                           <option value="french"' . $chatLanguageFrench . '>French</option>
                        </select></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Chat Room Name</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><input type=text name="chatRoomName" value="' . $modSettings['chatRoomName'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Appended to users name (usually an acronym for your forum)</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><input type=text name="chatAppend" value="' . $modSettings['chatAppend'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Chat Applet Width</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><input type=text name="chatWidth" value="' . $modSettings['chatWidth'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Chat Applet Height</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><input type=text name="chatHeight" value="' . $modSettings['chatHeight'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Chat Room Password</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><input type=text name="chatPassword" value="' . $modSettings['chatPassword'] . '" /></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '"><font size="2">Display Rooms Tab</font></td>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '">
                        <select name="chatRoomsTab">
                           <option value="true"' . $chatRoomsTabEnable . '>On</option>
                           <option value="false"' . $chatRoomsTabDisable . '>Off</option>
                        </select></td>
                     </tr><tr>
                        <td class="windowbg2" bgcolor="' . $color['windowbg2'] . '" colspan="3" align="center" valign="middle">
                           <hr size="1" width="100%" class="windowbg3" /><input type="submit" value="' . $txt[10] . '" />
                        </td>
                     </tr>

I hope someone finds this useful :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 11:31:02 PM by Anguz » Logged

jonson

Ich kann nix!

« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2003, 01:02:52 PM »

Does this mod work with YabbSE 1.5.4?
Krowten
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2004, 03:00:06 AM »

oh crap lol i should of checked to see if it was Yabb 1.5.4 friendly before i set it up lol it works but it dont work.. parts of it work some parts dont. like it will say people are in chat room at top and u cant get in to edit the name of the chatroom with the admin control... and besides those problems there are non maybe o nthe next one
Uncle
Noobie

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »

Can anyone tell me the difference between this chat mod and the previsious version (i think it's 1.5)?
i've installed the last one. no problem it's ok with yabbse 1.5.4. Some users told me it was difficult to open in win xp home 'n pro. is there a reason? The version 2 can solve my problems?

tnx

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2004, 03:55:59 PM »

Quote from: Uncle on January 08, 2004, 03:49:30 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between this chat mod and the previsious version (i think it's 1.5)?
i've installed the last one. no problem it's ok with yabbse 1.5.4. Some users told me it was difficult to open in win xp home 'n pro. is there a reason? The version 2 can solve my problems?

tnx
it could be that  xp user do not ahve java

They can get it from http://java.sun.com/getjava

Uncle
Noobie

« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2004, 10:49:53 AM »

Quote from: brodle on January 08, 2004, 03:55:59 PM

A friend told me the same and added that newest windows version (xp home & pro) don't have java so they need to download it...

So, then, can u tell me the differences in integrated chat 2?

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2004, 03:42:02 PM »

Quote from: Uncle on January 12, 2004, 10:49:53 AM
Quote from: brodle on January 08, 2004, 03:55:59 PM

There was just soe administration changes to control the mod, no changes in the chat applet.

A friend told me the same and added that newest windows version (xp home & pro) don't have java so they need to download it...

So, then, can u tell me the differences in integrated chat 2?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.1]Integrated Chat Mod Version 2.0 « previous - next »