Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 01, 2024, 06:44:14 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.1 > 1.5.4] Add More Smilies 2.1 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.1 > 1.5.4] Add More Smilies 2.1  (Read 869629 times)
Hypocrite
YaBB God

For To End Yet Again

dimmuh@gmx.net WWW
Re:[Done] Add More Smilies - SE 1.2b
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2002, 06:11:46 PM »

Quote from: Big P on May 08, 2002, 06:01:35 PMWell firstly you'll need PhpMyAdmin, or some other MySQL db editor.
Now, go to your smilies table.
Click browse, you should see your smiley names, code etc. and a link saying: Insert new row. Click that link.
Just enter "linebreak" as the new name. And save.  ;)

I noticed that the Post.php editing is different in 1.2b, if you have installed 1.2a what should you edit in Post.php to get it right for 1.2b?

Also the PHPMyAdmin part is little confusing. I went to the Smilie table and found the Insert new row link but didn't know where to add the linebreak etc.
Hypocrite
YaBB God

For To End Yet Again

dimmuh@gmx.net WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2002, 06:12:56 PM »

Quote from: The Engineer on May 08, 2002, 06:05:30 PM
Quote from: Patty on May 08, 2002, 05:52:27 PMFor those of us who are not php whizes, how the hell do you add a linebreak row? Step by step instructions would be appreciated.

You might want to put that info somehwere easier to find, too.

Go into phpMyAdmin and enter this into the query box

ALTER TABLE `yabbse_smilies` ADD `linebreak` TEXT NOT NULL;
Note : this query assumes you are using "yabbse_" as you database prefix, if not then change the "yabbse_" to match yours.

Press the go button and it should be added

* The Engineer .

Thank you :)
TheXerox
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2002, 06:14:31 PM »

So what is the easiest way to uninstall this?
Patty

Drat. I caught Darth Llama.

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2002, 06:19:03 PM »

Thank you. simply adding/naming a row wasn't cutting it for me.
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

"Back in '68, I don't like you, The End."

ICQ - 76064555pierceward@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2002, 06:52:37 PM »

Doing it the way The Enginner said is much easier :P lol.

Anyway, TheXerox, what do you mean? Didn't you install this with BoardMod? Simply click the tick box. If you installed it with smilies.mod.yp, then uninstall it via the yabb pak center.

The reason I removed a step in post.php was to get my script tags to appear in the Preview sections, I jsut added it to another step.  ;)

Now, everything working okay?

PHPNews has been released!!! Download it now!!!
Patty

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2002, 07:00:05 PM »

About the row thing -- I just needed more information for my phpmyadmin that I didn't know -- it wanted names and types, and without them, the break was all messed up.

It's working great now -- breaks are cool, preview is cool, IM is cool. No errors.

One thing, though -- and maybe it's because I still have old info sitting around -- but I am still having some very strange ordering problems. This time around, the display isn't even right. I CAN re-order them, but it seems like it has a mind of its own -- a smiley in the middle will be the first smiley, etc, no matter where I put it.
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2002, 07:14:50 PM »

I really don't know what you mean. If you want I can take a look at your smiley center, IM your details and I'll log into your account.
Either that or post a pic. You do know that when reordering, the smiley image doesn't move right? Just the text. Thats down to my bad javascript knowledge and its the best I can come up with. Any javascript people think they can fix that?... anywya, it still works on my localhost.  ;)

Hypocrite
YaBB God

For To End Yet Again

dimmuh@gmx.net WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2002, 07:25:57 PM »

I think it would be better if the empty space would be after a smilie and not in front of it. Just seems a bit more logical that way :)
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2002, 07:29:48 PM »

Quote from: Hypocrite on May 08, 2002, 07:25:57 PMI think it would be better if the empty space would be after a smilie and not in front of it. Just seems a bit more logical that way :)
Smilies SE uses a space in front, just like the normal smilies. It is more logical to put it in front, as it spaces your last word. Just like here. But feel free to edit your own version if you like, search for the following is post.php and smilies.php:
   AddTxt=" $smilies";
replace with:
   AddTxt="$smilies[code] ";

Or put a space before an after. Up to you. ;)
[/code]

Patty

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2002, 08:16:53 PM »

This is how they appear in the admin panel vs. how they display on the "post reply" pages:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 08:18:32 PM by Patty » Logged
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2002, 09:34:42 PM »

That is very odd. It doesn't act like that for me or anyone else by the looks of it.
All I can guess is it is reading your tables in your db wrong, or backwards.
Do the smilies always appear in that order? What about using the order change? Does the code move, and when saved do the smilies stay in that order?

Patty

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2002, 09:47:57 PM »

It almost seems to me that it's reading the smilies in the groups they were uploaded as (meaning the groups of six).

Those have all been re-ordered --in fact, they are displaying in the "post reply" screen as I want them to display, which took some doing. Re-ordering doesn't work as intended, though, -- it will still display them in the batches.

Example: if I move The Bear to the first slot, the vampire smilie will display first in posts.

I even tried deleting them all and entering them again, and they still went all wocky.

It's not a big deal because they are in fact displaying as I want with some crafty work. Adding will be tricky. It's just ... strange.

Everything else works great so far, though.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 09:52:31 PM by Patty » Logged
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2002, 10:01:26 PM »

Thats good because I haven't a cllue whats wrong with yours!  :o
But, continue to post and found bugs and I'll have the mod updated.  ;)

TheXerox
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2002, 12:25:32 PM »

Quote from: Big P on May 08, 2002, 06:52:37 PMDoing it the way The Enginner said is much easier :P lol.

Anyway, TheXerox, what do you mean? Didn't you install this with BoardMod? Simply click the tick box. If you installed it with smilies.mod.yp, then uninstall it via the yabb pak center.

The reason I removed a step in post.php was to get my script tags to appear in the Preview sections, I jsut added it to another step.  ;)

Now, everything working okay?

I wasn't having much luck with Boardmod.. I read the boardmod file and did it by hand..  I got everything working now, just had to redo the posts.php.. everyone on the forum loves the new smileys!
seanc
Noobie

llama love

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2002, 06:23:10 PM »

I tried to install it with the package mod...

I got tis error installing it:

String not found, there's probably an error in your mod.
We're going to look for:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$onoffArray = array('stickyTopicsChecked'=>'enableStickyTopics', 'titlesEnableChecked'=>'titlesEnable', 'onlineEnableChecked'=>'onlineEnable', 'todayModChecked'=>'todayMod', 'previousNextModChecked'=>'enablePreviousNext', 'enableVBStyleLoginChecked'=>'enableVBStyleLogin', 'enableCompressedOutputChecked'=>'enableCompressedOutput', 'karmaTRAChecked'=>'karmaTimeRestrictAdmins', 'disableCachingChecked'=>'disableCaching', 'enableInlineLinksChecked'=>'enableInlineLinks', 'attachCheckExten'=>'attachmentCheckExtensions', 'attachGuest'=>'attachmentEnableGuest', 'attachShow'=>'attachmentShowImages', 'enableSP1Info'=>'enableSP1Info', 'enableUserTopicLockingChecked'=>'enableUserTopicLocking', 'enableReportToModChecked'=>'enableReportToMod', 'enableErrorLoggingChecked'=>'enableErrorLogging', 'viewNewestFirstChecked'=>'viewNewestFirst',  'userLanguageChecked'=>'userLanguage', 'trackStatsChecked'=>'trackStats', 'hitStatsChecked'=>'hitStats', 'notifyAnncmnts_UserDisable'=>'notifyAnncmnts_UserDisable', 'censorWholeWordChecked'=>'censorWholeWord', 'compactTopicPagesChecked'=>'compactTopicPagesEnable');

any ideas?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.1 > 1.5.4] Add More Smilies 2.1 « previous - next »