Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 16, 2024, 04:50:28 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  RPG Mod vs. Updates « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: RPG Mod vs. Updates  (Read 1460 times)
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
RPG Mod vs. Updates
« on: January 03, 2002, 10:24:03 PM »

(Check out http://www.yabb.info/community/index.php?board=141;action=display;threadid=2648;start=30 for more info about the RPG Mod.)

I have been unclear on how to incorporate mod settings controls into the Admin Panel. With the changes and updates and so forth being made to YaBB SE, I am not even positive it can or should be done at this point... but can I get some suggestions on a) how to do this in the first place and b) how I can get started on this while avoiding potential conflicts?

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
Re:RPG Mod vs. Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 10:25:55 PM »

Oh, and I'd really appreciate suggestions for developing the Mod effeciently. :)

Suggestions for *features* for the mod should be posted in the thread under Mod Ideas... thanks everyone.

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Godai
Mod God :P

YaBB SE!!!!

ICQ - 70621553godai78@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 10:46:00 PM »

adding features setting in modsettings.php file is not a problem i think :)

Emanuele 'Godai' Sparvoli
YaBB Italian Team
100% YaBB Lover
Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2002, 01:35:11 PM »

It's fairly easy to do.

Scenario 1: Adding a field controlled by a text box
let's say you added a field called enableMyFeature to the settings table

1) in the ModSettings function create a variable like $enableMyFeatureChecked which is '' when enableMyFeature == 0 and is ' checked' when enableMyFeature == 1;
2) name the field enableMyFeatureChecked
3) add it to the output (so the input field would look like <input name='enableMyFeatureChecked' type=checkbox$enableMyFeatureChecked> - the $enableMyFeatureChecked will set the box to checked or not checked depending on the value of enableMyFeature)
4) in ModSettings2 function, ad an index to the $onoffArray in the format 'enableMyFeatureChecked' => 'enableMyFeature' which means the incoming variable called enableMyFeatureChecked will control the entry enableMyFeature in the settings table.

The function will take care of setting the variable to 1 or 0 in the table.

Scenario 2 - a customizable value.
Let's say you created field called numberOfRealms in the settings table
1) In the ModSettings function create a field - and name it the same thing i.e. <input name='numberOfRealms' type=text value='$modSettings[numberOfRealms]'>
3) add the name of the field/variable to the $textVars array.  The function will take care of the rest.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  RPG Mod vs. Updates « previous - next »