Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 28, 2024, 08:25:57 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Disabling sessions « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Disabling sessions  (Read 2378 times)
EliteRides

EliteRides.com

Disabling sessions
« on: March 04, 2004, 11:29:48 PM »

YaBB SE Version: 1.5.5
PHP Version: 4.3.4
MySQL Version: 4.0.x
Server Platform: Unix, Linux, or BSD
Link to Forum: http://www.eliterides.com/forums

Problem Description:
Is there a way to disable the sessions that SE uses?  I have Coppermine Gallery incorporated into the forums and when you try and logout from the Gallery you get a session error.  I asked Coppermine if there was something wrong with the bridge they have provided and they said that I should just disable the Sessions.

1)  How would I do this?

2)  This will not effect logon lengths/cookies will it?

Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

Re:Disabling sessions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 12:54:27 AM »

Yes, there's a way, but it's not advised because 'just disabling the sessions' may 'just' compromise the security of your board!

If you *must* try it, however, comment out the following lines from index.php (and SSI.php if necessary):

if (function_exists('session_start'))
{
  session_start();
  $sc = session_id();
}
else

Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 01:22:57 AM »

PS Just wondering if you've read the relevant stuff in jack-uk's (now locked) mod thread here and/or its 'continuation' at SMF:

Quote from: jack-uk on March 03, 2004, 07:29:41 PM
Quote from: imajedi on March 03, 2004, 05:57:50 PMI always get the Session Check failure error.  I have read many many posts and this should be fixed according to the posts.
Yes, this used to be a problem with a logut button in Coppermine.

QuotePlus I don't understand why installing Coppermine would break my Yabb logout button.
It can't - it doesn't go anywhere near the YaBB SE code.
The security check is based on your PHP session number. Make sure that PHP is still dealing with sessions properly & it should just work.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 01:25:09 AM by Peter Duggan » Logged

EliteRides

EliteRides.com

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:13:49 PM »

I have not read that.  Is there a further link, or is what you quoted the jist of it?

QuotePlus I don't understand why installing Coppermine would break my Yabb logout button.

I do not have any problems with my YaBB logout button.  It's just the Coppermine logout that interfaces reading YaBB's status.  I'll push further at Coppermine and give them the insight from here.   :-\

Thanks again.  :)

Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 09:36:41 PM »

Quote from: EliteRides on March 05, 2004, 09:13:49 PM
I have not read that.  Is there a further link, or is what you quoted the jist of it?

There's seven pages of it (of which this is almost the end). Just click the 'Quote from' links! ;)

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Disabling sessions « previous - next »