Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 27, 2024, 05:54:11 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  Integrated Chat 1.5 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Integrated Chat 1.5  (Read 33728 times)
brodle

I'm a llama!

Re:Integrated Chat 1.5
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2003, 08:41:40 PM »

Quote from: pege on December 23, 2003, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: brodle on December 23, 2003, 04:26:26 PM
You need to use the boardmod utility to install the MOD. if you have isntalled other MODs before on your board you are probably better off opening the .mod file in notepad and manual putting the mod in. There are only 4 line changes. if you dont know html/php to well not much we can offer there.

Brodle, can i please have avatars and emoticons disabled for channel #pege_net     ?

thank you again

pege,

all set... sorry for the delay... been busy..

also thank you for helping the other users.

pege

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2003, 09:07:42 PM »

thanks Brodle!

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2003, 09:16:56 PM »

Quote from: pege on December 26, 2003, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: Uncle on December 25, 2003, 11:10:17 PM
Well, I solved my problem by myself.
I think that BoardMod doen't work properly because it didn't do some important changes to Subs.php or ModSettings.php for example...

Anyway there's always the headline under the buttons which doesn't work... see it for believe...

Then I wanna know how to add the italian language to modsettings.php

And finally, how are the chat functions? I mean, how can I admin it? Choosing moderators/operators etc...

glad you're making progress.  sometimes Boardmod doesn't update the "modded" files.  i always check the time and date to make sure they were modified when you made the changes, before uploading them back to the server.  

about the users online tag below your menu, you'll need to register the chatroom and put the correct name and format in the users online tag before that will work.  that's something you do from the chat control panel (see below).  

on adding Italian to Modsettings.php, after looking at Chat.php, it seems the language parameter is something they load from the server side of the chat client.  therefore, i think you'll have to get them (brodle) to add Italian before you can change that in your modsettings and make it work.

to administer the chat functions, just use the icons in the upper left hand corner of the screen....

those two should bring up most of the options you need to set.  let me know.

in chat.php make it italian.prm  for the Italian translation of the the chat applet. I do not know how good the transaltion is I didnt do it :)

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2003, 09:18:22 PM »

Quote from: Uncle on December 27, 2003, 11:28:30 AM
I was the owner, but in the room register panel I set my nickname as member and it made me a member and no more owner, so that i cannot access to the admin function...

Anyway, no problem! I've registered a new room.

This link doen't work: <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://www.everywherechat.com/users.asp?room=Varese_Store"></script>
This link, however, works: <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://www.everywherechat.com/members.asp?room=Varese_Store"></script>

Can you tell me why?

the nickname varesestore is set as owner nick

brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2003, 09:19:15 PM »

Quote from: smacktalk on December 23, 2003, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: brodle on November 16, 2003, 07:52:21 PM
Quote from: BrandonMiller on November 14, 2003, 11:46:28 PM
I registered.. but still no workey  ???  Maybe it takes some time to work?

you didnt register the room.. either double click in the middle fo the chat room or click rooms options button and click the register button

Same problem here. It does not show the number of people or the users there and i registered my room name a long time ago.

What the url to the page where I can see your board? if I need a login please provide.

oer
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2003, 07:48:21 AM »

Hi and great mod btw :) .

My problem is I can't register my room. I double click on my name as suggested but I'm listed as just a member not the owner. I've changed ROOMNAME to the name I want in my forum template but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It says the chatroom is called Albions RoomName! and the owner is florshmia_abbrv  ??? . Am I missing a step or are there other spots where you change ROOMNAME? Apologies but I'm not familiar with php at all.

Cheers in advance.
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2003, 02:46:04 PM »

Quote from: oer on December 31, 2003, 07:48:21 AM

My problem is I can't register my room. I double click on my name as suggested but I'm listed as just a member not the owner. I've changed ROOMNAME to the name I want in my forum template but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It says the chatroom is called Albions RoomName! and the owner is florshmia_abbrv  ??? . Am I missing a step or are there other spots where you change ROOMNAME? Apologies but I'm not familiar with php at all.

Cheers in advance.

Two things in the admnistration settings that get set you should set an abbreviation. I recommend using Albion as the abbrv.. Next double check the room name, make it just Albions, rmeove the room name.

Once you do that.  Log into the chat using the name you want to be owner.. register that name by double cliking on your name in the right list, then register the room by clicking the room options button.

pege

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2003, 02:47:08 PM »

Quote from: oer on December 31, 2003, 07:48:21 AM

Cheers in advance.

first, go to your settings for installed mod, and select the suffix you want appended to your nickname when you're in chat.  that way, it will log you in with yourusername_suffixofyourchoice.

next, log into chat, click the button in the top left hand corner, an select your profile.  it should tell you your nick name is not registered, and open a field for you to enter a password to register the nick.  

once registered, you have to create a chatroom.  enter something like /join #yourchatroom_name.  now click the second button from the left on the top.  it should bring up a box that says your room is not yet registered.  click the register button, and then fill in the settings how you want them on the other tab of that dialogue.

if you made it so members have to use a password to enter the chat room, you can then go back to your installed mod settings, and enter that there so your members will automatically be logged in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 02:48:51 PM by pege » Logged
smacktalk

No Personal Text!!

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2004, 12:39:11 AM »

Quote from: brodle on December 29, 2003, 09:19:15 PM
Quote from: smacktalk on December 23, 2003, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: brodle on November 16, 2003, 07:52:21 PM
Quote from: BrandonMiller on November 14, 2003, 11:46:28 PM
I registered.. but still no workey  ???  Maybe it takes some time to work?

you didnt register the room.. either double click in the middle fo the chat room or click rooms options button and click the register button

Same problem here. It does not show the number of people or the users there and i registered my room name a long time ago.

What the url to the page where I can see your board? if I need a login please provide.

It started working again but I had to register my name and room again. Dont know why but it's cool since it's workin again. Thanks!

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.
oer
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2004, 07:05:51 AM »

Thank you very much brodle and pege for your help and quick reply. Very much appreciated. All working now :) except occasionally when I kill the chatroom window it freezes the original forum window for some reason ??? .

Cheers,

oer.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 07:54:08 AM by oer » Logged
brodle

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2004, 02:19:10 PM »

Quote from: oer on January 01, 2004, 07:05:51 AM
Thank you very much brodle and pege for your help and quick reply. Very much appreciated. All working now :) except occasionally when I kill the chatroom window it freezes the original forum window for some reason ??? .

Cheers,

oer.

That sounds like more of a resource issue with your VM and your browser. Not much I can provide there.

Krowten
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2004, 03:14:34 AM »

ok is there a way to get it all to work on 1.5.4?
Uncle
Noobie

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2004, 05:37:27 PM »

Quote from: Uncle on December 27, 2003, 03:43:38 PM
All problem fixed and links all working properly!
Thanks for your precious help!

I am going to install new mods... hoping always on your support  ;)

bye

ehi, pege, can u help me one more?
i'd like to add to my forum menu the chat button so that the chat is somewhere in my site and not included in yabbse... the button like will be like this: http://www.varesestore.it/community/chat/chat.htm
is this possible?

pege

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2004, 07:25:32 PM »

ehi, pege, can u help me one more?
i'd like to add to my forum menu the chat button so that the chat is somewhere in my site and not included in yabbse... the button like will be like this: http://www.varesestore.it/community/chat/chat.htm
is this possible?

ok, i'm not exactly sure what you want.  i think you either want:

1) a link from the main page of your site (completely independent from YaBB SE), so that anyone who visits there (whether they are a member of your YaBB SE forum or not) could click the button, and open the chatroom from page chat.htm (they will have to enter their nick name manually).

or

2) you want a link from your YaBB SE forum that takes YaBB SE members (who are logged into the forum) to chat, but opens it in page chat.htm, instead of within the YaBB SE forum.

if you want option #1, you could do something like: go ahead and make a button with the link you want on the page you want it to appear, then fill in the blank variables in the code below, and paste it within page chat.htm

<?php

$chatRoomName 
'';
$chatWidth =  '';
$chatHeight '';
$chatRoomsTab '';
$chatPassword '';
$chatLanguage 'italian.prm';

echo 
'
<center>
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" height="520" id="AutoNumber1">
  <tr>
     <td width="100%"><center><script language="JavaScript" src="http://irc.everywherechat.com:8000/Java/e.js?room='
.$chatRoomName.'&roomstab='.$chatRoomsTab.'&width='.$chatWidth.'&height='.$chatHeight.'&keypass='.$chatPassword.'¶mfilename='.$chatLanguage.'"></script></center></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<form> 
     <input type=button value="Float" onClick="document.cs.doFloat()"> 
</form>
'
;
?>

if you want the second option, it may take a little more work.

if you want something else, i'll need more info.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 07:27:43 PM by pege » Logged
Uncle
Noobie

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

Quote from: brodle on December 29, 2003, 09:16:56 PM

in chat.php make it italian.prm  for the Italian translation of the the chat applet. I do not know how good the transaltion is I didnt do it :)

Can u tell me precisely what changes in chat should i do to have the chat translated in italian?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  Integrated Chat 1.5 « previous - next »