Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 01, 2024, 08:27:31 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Lost in a state of desperation... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Lost in a state of desperation...  (Read 1796 times)
heartless
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Lost in a state of desperation...
« on: July 27, 2003, 01:30:18 AM »

Hi guys!

Ok here is my dilemma, I knew nothing of html, or anything when I opened my first yabb board which was a few months ago, it was pretty basic, but within a week people stocked to my board and I was totally amazed at the responses, now I am in the middle of creating, a unique, less "yabb" traditional feel and I am stuck in a state of confusion, I have been at it for a while, and with all my efforts I have came to a halting point...

This is the board I am creating as a replacement to my old board...

http://www.thewarboard.com/cgi-thewarboard/yabb/YaBB.pl

login name: visitor
pass: 911

The template should default to "test" if not please enter into yer profile and change it to "test" so we can be on the same page.

First box is CAT = news BOARD = The Warboard

Second Box is Cat = 911 BOARD = Debates

Third Box is CAT = Peace BOARD = Sex and Peace

Now the thing I need assistance on is what code to put in the html to make these stats for each board to show:

Topics: "last topic"     Posts: "number of posts on board"
Latest Post: "latest poster"
Today: "today's date"

Then in conclusion, I would like to have the "INFO CENTER" i.e. the users online, users online today, newest member as such displayed below the current html.

I apologize for the long post, but I wanted to make sure that we were on the same page and my terminology in pc language quite frankly sucks! LOL.

Thank you in advance for any help, sorry if I posted in the wrong section and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! LOL, I promised opening on Monday, but unless it is the way I want it....sad to say being the perfectionist that I am, I will be disappointing A LOT of people and postponed my opening.

So I bring it for to the great minds of "adrenalin" rushing yabb players.

Heartless...
mephisto_kur

Hi ho.

Re:Lost in a state of desperation...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 02:14:51 AM »

Well, you may want to try getting support at this site.  You might get a quicker response.  yabbse.org is for support of YaBB SE which is the php\mysql based version of the YaBB software.  Most users here have never seen, let alone coded for, a YaBB board...

I know if you wait long enough, tho, someone hear may be able to help you, but like I said it might take awhile until someone that knows the old YaBB software to come along and hit this thread...

Awmp, ding, soo googoongee doop, dee
Googoo Fleegoogeegoo
Goo Fleegoogeegoo
Duht, Deeheeh
Oogoogoog Dtee
Oogoogagoo oogoogweee
Fleegoogeegoo, fleegow
Go go mah mah mefs sufh yeah...
heartless
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 02:54:47 AM »

Thank you...did as you suggested....btw, how did you like the scheme?
mephisto_kur

Hi ho.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2003, 08:21:55 PM »

I like dark templates, so I think it's pretty nice.

Awmp, ding, soo googoongee doop, dee
Googoo Fleegoogeegoo
Goo Fleegoogeegoo
Duht, Deeheeh
Oogoogoog Dtee
Oogoogagoo oogoogweee
Fleegoogeegoo, fleegow
Go go mah mah mefs sufh yeah...
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Lost in a state of desperation... « previous - next »