Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 11:30:06 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Avatar gallery back online « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Avatar gallery back online  (Read 231904 times)
charlottezweb

charlottezweb.com

ICQ - 101387162 WWW
Re:Avatar gallery back online
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2003, 05:58:57 PM »

I could provide about a 10-15 gig mirror...probably not "forever" but at least for probably the next year if not longer...

I'm not familiar with the technical side of mirroring but wouldn't mind helping out...

"yabb-sense makes the heart grow fonder"
-----------------------------------------------------
Charlottezweb.com
Reliable, well-supported & affordable hosting and design.  Free Yabbse installs.
jasonsn

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2003, 08:00:55 PM »

OK thanks.  I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.
Jason Neskar
charlottezweb

charlottezweb.com

ICQ - 101387162 WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2003, 12:08:10 AM »

I was referring to the yabbse one, if that's what you mean...  :)

"yabb-sense makes the heart grow fonder"
-----------------------------------------------------
Charlottezweb.com
Reliable, well-supported & affordable hosting and design.  Free Yabbse installs.
darthpaul
Noobie

Have It!

ICQ - 5366806paulremnant@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2003, 01:43:15 PM »

Is it just me or does everyone have red x's on the images and the only way to see them is download each one individuallly?

Interested in fishkeeping? come see my popular site www.fishcrazy.co.uk
1979Z28

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 05:40:19 AM »

It's, uh, just you..
1979Z28

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2003, 10:21:26 AM »

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /avatars/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.40k.ca Port 80

Gah!! What's up??
1979Z28

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2003, 12:58:47 PM »

:-\ No avatars still? :'(
Zef Hemel
Advisor
YaBB God

Me too

ICQ - 61109769 WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2003, 08:13:13 AM »

They're back now so it seems

Overseer

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2003, 01:22:50 PM »

Quote from: Deimos on April 09, 2003, 11:39:32 AM
Quote from: Christian Land on April 09, 2003, 11:34:25 AM
The Avatar-Gallery causes something like 40-50 GB traffic per month... i bet that every host that promises "unlimited bandwidth for 9.99$/month" will kick you before the first month is over *g* The Webspace isn't a problem....
I understand that.
What I was saying, was isp's over here in England and i'm sure it applies to America to, don't have restrictions on TRAFFIC....
Meaning I could fill my 50mb of webspace up with say.....a 49mb zip file and have 100 people download it and they wouldn't care.
Worth bearing in mind, i'm talking about isp's not webhosts
So if the actuall STORAGE area doesn't need to have php or mysql installed, then you should consider sticking all the jpegs/gifs on a isp account
It's cheesy..but would save you a fair buck i'm sure :P

QuoteWhat is webspace?
As an ntl customer you are automatically entitled to a whopping 55MB of free webspace. This is your very own chunk of the Internet and you can use this space to build your website.

What you're describing is akin to selling snake oil.

Be more wary of those who claim 'unlimited bandwidth'

here goes my woeful tale :)

I got 'stung' by fasthosts.co.uk once. they are one of the largest hosts in our country.  they offer 'unlimited bandwidth'. i was buying from a reseller back then. they blocked the resellers account (every site he was selling space to) because my forum was 'breaking the acceptable use policy'. we had been monitoring the usage of my site and it was pushing up towards shifting about 10 gig a month.. around then it was shut down.

they cited 'excessive data transfer' as the reason the site was closed and quoted their acceptable use policy, but refused to say how much was acceptable. they then proceeded to demand £500 to cover the costs and barred ftp access to all the sites. even though we said the site wuold move they wouldnt give access to the data so I could move it. luckily i had never been able to properly secure the board on their server (no .htaccess.. what?!) so I had resorted to changing the default install directories some unobvious names. (i was using yabb 1 final at the time)
i managed to get the board file by constructing a macro in ultraedit to parse the board posts and members files that would spit out a file with the download location for all the files. dumped it ina a download manager, and hey presto.. 'stole' my data which was being held at ransom.

i was not best pleased.

i then found a new host ( as jeff can tell u :) ) and changed my template to the following (warning language in this image may cause offence  ;D)

image is here

i then phoned them up to gloat... within 2 days the site was accesible again even though they had maintained it wouldnt be until the money had been coughed up. (the parameters of the acceptable use were acceptable again?)

dont trust anything that says 'unlimited bandwidth'.

I learned that from the G's, a G is an Overseer, the Overseer sees.
More than you do 'cause he gets experienced - Snoop on Daz's OG

Supreme exalted, universal leader, Descendent of the kings and queens, the Overseer
The overlord, cream of the crop, creme de la creme - Gang Starr  Royalty
1979Z28

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2003, 01:43:10 PM »

Then again, some hosts out there don't know jack about webhosting, and are complete morons, as I've had the unfortunate luck of running into three of 'em  ::)

Complete waste of time, be sure to read the fine print in anything you think is too good to be true!
tiffanylee
Noobie

Im not a lez... I just like hot chicks too!

ICQ - 241908674tiffanylee63@hotmail.com
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2003, 08:20:42 PM »

I was browsing through the avatars and I recognized a couple that were painted by someone im looking for.. they were uploaded by "davide" i believe.. is there anyway I can get in touch with him? (if she -the artist - dosent want to be found.. ill let it go)  Id really like to get in touch with her..if you can help much gradditude.!!

WebWowserNetwork
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2003, 09:52:38 PM »

Avatar gallery links wont work says this when ya go thier:

Warning: main(../community/english): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php on line 18

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../community/english' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php:18) in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php:18) in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 155

Warning: template_header(/home/raine/public_html/smf/template.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 226

Warning: template_header(): Failed opening '/home/raine/public_html/smf/template.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 226

Sorry, the copyright tag must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of YaBB!
Black Hawk

YaBB SE RULEZ!!

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2003, 10:17:24 PM »

Hehe, I was just going to post that. Too bad I can't get any more. It's been like that for a couple weeks, but I'm too lazy to post. :P

Always fear the hawk...
Ale
Noobie

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2003, 06:32:56 AM »

Warning: main(../community/english): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php on line 18

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../community/english' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php:18) in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigz/public_html/avatars/functions.php:18) in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 155

Warning: template_header(/home/raine/public_html/smf/template.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 226

Warning: template_header(): Failed opening '/home/raine/public_html/smf/template.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigz/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 226

Sorry, the copyright tag must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of YaBB!

22/11/2003 at 07.39  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :P

:X:
P¥rata

Las fronteras no existen para el conocimiento y la verdad
RBL_M1A2Tanker
Noobie

Git out of da way! I'm not licensed on this ting!

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2003, 12:08:12 AM »

Would be really nice if the Gallery was back...I'd hate to think I went to all that trouble to upload....what was it now, well over 100 avatars for nothing.  

Think that the admin of the Gallery isn't aware of the problem or isn't looking at this forum anymore?

Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Avatar gallery back online « previous - next »