Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 02, 2024, 01:22:23 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Couldn't finish conversion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Couldn't finish conversion  (Read 1783 times)
jenigma
Noobie

crazy is as crazy does

Couldn't finish conversion
« on: January 29, 2003, 07:03:38 PM »

I could only get to step four of the conversion script. I thought it was because of my internet connection and having so many messages and members to convert, but I had someone with cable internet try it, and they couldn't complete it either.

It appears that all the messages and members WERE converted anyway. However, on the index page of the forums, it doesn't show totals of topics, posts, or members. Is this due to the conversion script not completing properly, or... ? It also doesn't show any info in the Last Post columns (they all say:
N/A
in
by N/A) but I'm thinking - hoping- that'll correct itself once people start posting again. Same with Latest Member. You can see my forums here:
http://poemkingdom.com/community/index.php

I haven't given members the new address yet, as I have some customizing and tweaking to do. I just want to know about the totals- why they're not showing up and what I can do about it. Hopefully someone here can tell me.

Thanks,

Jen
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

Re:Couldn't finish conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 07:21:40 PM »

There is an admin option "recount board totals". The last post does not display after the conversion as far as I remember. However this is trivial and will fix itself as soon there are new posts in the converted board....

jenigma
Noobie

crazy is as crazy does

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 08:28:32 PM »

Thanks Andrea. Recounting the board totals didn't work, but after I went into the Admin panel and saved some settings changes, the posts and topics totals are now showing up. It's still not showing member totals but hopefully that will somehow correct itself later on. All the totals are showing up in the Admin so that's something.

Now I'm just having problems with slashes being inserted in front of apostrophes, and quotes being displayed as HTML code: &quote;

But that's a question for another board. I sure hope it's fixable.

Jen
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 08:47:17 PM »

Quote from: jenigma on January 29, 2003, 08:28:32 PMNow I'm just having problems with slashes being inserted in front of apostrophes, and quotes being displayed as HTML code: &quote;

Check with phpMyAdmin if those slashes and the "&quotes" are stored in the db data like this or if just the board program is displaying those characters. If the wrong characters are in the db it's a converter problem.

jenigma
Noobie

crazy is as crazy does

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 09:09:42 PM »

Where do I look in MyAdmin? I'm completely new to this MySQL stuff.

It doesn't do it everywhere, only certain places. In the title of my forums, I have an apostrophe, and it puts a slash in front of it in the browser title bar and also at the bottom of the pages in the copyright notice. Above the board tables, it inserts two slashes. In member's personal text, where quote marks are used, it displays as &quote;

???
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 09:17:41 PM »

Depends on the host you are on. Normally the providers offer some link that lets you access phpMyAdmin. If you have cpanel or something similar a link to phpMyAdmin will be contained there. If your provider does not offer such a link you maybe can install phpMyAdmin locally on your PC. Better ask your provider first, or maybe he offers a webmaster faq for his clients.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Couldn't finish conversion « previous - next »