Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 10, 2024, 07:36:07 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.2] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [DONE 1.5.2] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1  (Read 9042 times)
snYpir

I'm a llama!

[DONE 1.5.2] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1
« on: January 13, 2003, 10:11:01 AM »

Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1

For YaBB SE 1.5.2 and 1.5.1

Description

This mod improves the default user banning system that comes with YaBB SE. It allows you to ban/unban single members from the 'view profile' page, and also allows banning for a limited period of time.

Changes

1.1 - The reason shows in a banned member's profile
1.1 - Javascript in profile works correctly now
1.1 - Button in ban page now says 'Unban' rather than 'Remove'

1.0 - Initial Release

Installation

Once you have downloaded the files (below):

• Upload enhancedban_dbmod.php to your YaBB SE install directory (ie /yabbse). Run it in your browser (ie /yabbse/enhancedban_dbmod.php). You can either install or uninstall the required database changes. Running the install multiple times will not duplicate values in your database.

• Take enhancedban_dbmod.php out of your YaBB SE directory after install, because anyone can access it and uninstall the new table when you're not looking >:(

• Use boardmod to install enhanced_ban_15.mod. Upload modified files, and EnhancedBan.php, to your forum directory. EnhancedBan.php goes into your sources dir.

Done! Your new banning system will start working automatically, as soon as the files are uploaded.

Upgrading

To upgrade from the 1.5.0 version, you need to re-apply the 1.5.1 mod and upload all affected files again. There is no requirement to reapply the database mod.

For 1.5.2, you'll need to uninstall the 1.5.1 mod and then reinstall this mod with boardmod. No database updates required.

Download

Download this mod here.

A screenshot of the profile banning is here.

A screenshot of the new ban page is here.

Notes

This system does not replace your existing banned user table. It uses a seperate table, and a seperate function in security.php. If you uninstall this mod (via enhancedban_dbmod.php) your original banning table will remain unchanged, and the new table will simply be deleted.

Speed wise, this mod is about the same as the original banning system. A single SQL query is used once per page load to determine if a user is banned (as per the original system).

I created this mod because my admins and gmods were complaining that the usual ban page was getting a tad confusing, not to mention full up (we have over 150 people banned). ;D

To ban a member with the Enhanced Ban mod, all the admins and gmods have to do is go to the offending user's profile, and hit 'Ban'. If you only want to ban a member for a number of days, you can do that also.

Remember - this is version 1.0. It works on my board, it may need tweaking to work on yours... who knows :o Please let me know if you run into problems, and i'll fix em as soon as I can.

Future changes

• Modify the length of ban of banned members

• View date banned in the banned members table (sorta ran out of room, although it is saved to the dbase in 1.0)

Don't bother waiting for the changes, they'll be awhile. The changes are in enhancedban.php anyway so you'll just have to upload the one file (no more boardmod updates hopefully).

cheers

snYpir
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 06:31:26 AM by snYpir » Logged

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
Gastovski

Chicken Chow Mein!

Re:[BETA 1.5.0] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 04:20:51 PM »

Nice mod snYpir... I'm gonna install that now as theirs a few people who need a lesson teaching... Also funny how the OFPEC banlist has the same people on as both the Falklands one and OFPRC... ;)

The Navy Diver is not a fighting man. He is a salvage expert. If it's lost underwater, he finds it. If it's sunk, he brings it up. If it's in the way, he moves it. If he's lucky, he dies young two hundred feet beneath the waves. 'Cause that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero.
Vegeta
Noobie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 05:30:52 PM »

Very cool. I like it, although I'd rather see it is a finished mod instead of beta...

_______
-Vegeta
Dragonball News Informant, Forum Administration
Dragonball Unlimited!
Gastovski

Chicken Chow Mein!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 06:16:53 PM »

Nah, It's still BETA m8. Me and snYpir were discussing it last night for a while and he is going to add some changes to it, namely for security...

I'll let the big man tell you the rest :-X

The Navy Diver is not a fighting man. He is a salvage expert. If it's lost underwater, he finds it. If it's sunk, he brings it up. If it's in the way, he moves it. If he's lucky, he dies young two hundred feet beneath the waves. 'Cause that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero.
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 06:34:35 PM »

Quote from: Gastovski on January 15, 2003, 06:16:53 PMNah, It's still BETA m8. Me and snYpir were discussing it last night for a while and he is going to add some changes to it, namely for security...

I was going to add this mod to BN this weekend but I guess I will wait til the weekend.

snYpir

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 07:57:30 AM »

Quote from: Gastovski on January 15, 2003, 06:16:53 PMNah, It's still BETA m8. Me and snYpir were discussing it last night for a while and he is going to add some changes to it, namely for security...

hmmm. the mod is secure as it is - and it is currently not BETA - it is FINAL. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are using it for our board with no problems. I have only heard good things back from the mods and bad things from the dudes who were banned. :o

The improvements I suggested in the first post will happen eventually, but that will be a different version.

I don't have the time to update it now, and probaly not in the near future.

Take it or leave it - this is a vast improvement over the default banning system, at no cost to board speed.

If people are having problems, raise them here and i'll fix them.

In any case, please download this version. ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 08:00:50 AM by snYpir » Logged

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
klumy

Re:[DONE 1.5.0] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.0
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 06:07:58 PM »

This mod sounds great for me.
Any chance to see in in the next YabbSE 1.x version?  ::)
DBU
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 07:28:18 AM »

I installed this on my board and everything looks great so far. Good work.
tdodnz

Asleep zzzzz (Snore Snore)

ICQ - 166370583cnd_nz@go.com WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 10:47:07 AM »

any chance for a yabbpak  :) it would be appreciated also yabbpak can run the install thing for you, adding it to the db.
Gastovski

Chicken Chow Mein!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 07:24:28 PM »

snYpir I have a problem with it now, it wont let me ban anyone from the profile :-\

Zombie
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 03:56:01 PM »

I have a couple of problems now.  When I try to ban from the profile, I get a session time out.
When I try to ban from admin, it goes thru but I can still log in under that name.

Any Ideas?
snYpir

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 07:42:59 PM »

Quote from: Gastovski on January 21, 2003, 07:24:28 PMsnYpir I have a problem with it now, it wont let me ban anyone from the profile :-\

Well, that's helpful ;) what happens EXACTLY?

QuoteI have a couple of problems now.  When I try to ban from the profile, I get a session time out.
When I try to ban from admin, it goes thru but I can still log in under that name.

Session time out when banning from profile huh? Hmmm. You are using 1.5.0, yeah? I have not tested the mod with 1.5.1 yet.

If the mod is installed correctly, then you will not be able to log in under a banned members name.

Please ensure you have uploaded all modified files and applied the DB fix.

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
Tenkoy

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 11:20:40 PM »

Tested the mod on 1.5.1 RC1 and got all those errors the previous person was talking about. Sessions and Able to Log in even if banned from Admin.

So he must have been trying it on 1.5.1

It looks like this mod could be easily adapted to 1.5.1 with a few tweaks.
snYpir

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 05:57:23 AM »

Quote from: Tenkoy on January 23, 2003, 11:20:40 PMSo he must have been trying it on 1.5.1

well, what a suprise - it didn't work with 1.5.1  ::)

I will update the mod to suit 1.5.1 this weekend. Cheers for giving it a go Tenkoy.

Zombie and Gastovski - wait out for the 1.5.1 version before trying the mod!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 06:10:18 AM by snYpir » Logged

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
Zombie
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[DONE 1.5.0] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 07:07:23 AM »

GUILTY! ;D

I just got ahead of myself.  No biggie, I can wait.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE 1.5.2] Enhanced Ban Mod 1.1 « previous - next »