Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 02, 2024, 10:13:29 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Convert from Vbulletin 2.2.9 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Convert from Vbulletin 2.2.9  (Read 2669 times)
Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Convert from Vbulletin 2.2.9
« on: January 08, 2003, 12:14:34 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I used to use YABBSE 1.4 and for some reason I bought the 160.00 dollar version of vbulletin.  I want to know if there is anyway I can convert back to YABBSE.  Vbulletin and its help are rude and downright crude.  

This is a BIG deal to me if anyone knows of a way to convert the messages and members.  I have too many to lose.

If there is not a converter, I am kind of adept in sql so is there a manual way to do it if no converter?

Need help ASAP  ;)
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Convert from Vbulletin 2.2.9
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 01:58:59 AM »

Well, it might be possible manual... ie.

+--------+----------+-----------+--------+-----------------+------------+--------------+----------+-------------+---------------+-----------+--------+---------+------------+----------+
| postid | threadid | username  | userid | title           | dateline   | attachmentid | pagetext | allowsmilie | showsignature | ipaddress | iconid | visible | edituserid | editdate |
+--------+----------+-----------+--------+-----------------+------------+--------------+----------+-------------+---------------+-----------+--------+---------+------------+----------+

to

+--------+----------+-----------+--------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+------------+---------------+----------------+--------------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+----------------+--------------------+
| ID_MSG | ID_TOPIC | ID_MEMBER | subject                        | posterName       | posterEmail                  | posterTime | posterIP      | smiliesEnabled | modifiedTime | modifiedName | body                                                                                           | icon | attachmentSize | attachmentFilename |
+--------+----------+-----------+--------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+------------+---------------+----------------+--------------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+----------------+--------------------+

-[Unknown]

« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 01:59:26 AM by [Unknown] » Logged
Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 03:09:49 AM »

I am a little lost on the code above, where is that suppose to go and it does not look like a query in mysql?
Man, I really would love to get off vbulletin.  You guys have the best forum software if you would just support it a little more.  By that I mean some converters and I am sure you would have people flocking to it.  Vbulletin is crashing servers like crazy.

Thanks

Jason
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 03:21:51 AM »

Well, I am sure someone could write a member converter in no time, it's getting the messages and the rest that take the time :)

Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 03:47:43 AM »

Hey Jeff,

Yeah thats the thing.  I HAVE to have the messages converted too, thats not an option for me.  

Like I said, you have the best forum bar none, I never had one bit of trouble out of it.  It will even tell you when someone has made a new post and you are still on the board, vbulletin does not do that for those of you considering it.

Really I want to move to you guys BAD.

Vbulletin says you cannot back up your database by their admin cp, but I moved a vb board for a person to a new server and I backed it up by the admin cp and they got all hot and bothered by it and pissed cause I would not tell them how I did it.  I simply told them I had to pay for the forum they did not give it to me, so why should I tell them how I did it for free  ;D

Please help me on this guys,

Jason
Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 03:48:42 AM »

By the way,

If we can get this converter going, I know a TON of vb users wanting this forum and dropping vb, they just cannot because of the converter.  Hey need some help with YABB?  I will volunteer if we can get this converter.  Jason
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2003, 06:28:34 AM »

I would bet if you get a group of people willing to beta test and use a vB to YaBBSE convertor it could get written.

groundup
Disciple of Joe, Head Cleric
Mod Team
YaBB God

Error 309: Please notify the administrator of this

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 08:31:33 AM »

Jason, if you know php, writing a convertor is pretty easy.

[edit]you can even do most of it with just a couple of queries (as many as there are tables plus a couple for selecting which are joins)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 08:32:59 AM by groundup » Logged

http://www.fastfinancialfreedom.org - financial freedom is a myth
fastfinancialfreedom.org
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 08:59:37 AM »

Quote from: Jason on January 08, 2003, 03:09:49 AMI am a little lost on the code above, where is that suppose to go and it does not look like a query in mysql?
Man, I really would love to get off vbulletin.  You guys have the best forum software if you would just support it a little more.  By that I mean some converters and I am sure you would have people flocking to it.  Vbulletin is crashing servers like crazy.

Thanks

Jason

Well, those are the fields...

postid -> ID_MSG
threadid -> ID_TOPIC
username -> posterName
userid -> ID_MEMBER
title -> subject
dateline -> posterTime
attachmentid -> *kill*
pagetext -> body
allowsmilie -> smiliesEnabled
showsignature -> *kill*
ipaddress -> posterIP
iconid -> icon
visible -> *kill*?
edituserid -> modifiedName (by ID)
editdate -> modifiedTime

Like that.... most of the important stuff could be kept.

Polls would be more difficult... and with user -> members, you would lose some stuff... although most is useless junk anyway.

-[Unknown]
Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 11:33:40 AM »

hehehe,

well I thought I knew about sql anyway, lol.  I would love to know how to write the converter.  But I am not anywhere close to knowing sql or php that well.  

Really guys, if its that easy how come we don't have one already??  

Jason
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2003, 01:35:04 PM »

I guess because nobody has felt like writing one? :(

Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2003, 02:27:05 PM »

Guys really,

Is there a way to do this or not.  I appreciate all the help, but really it is futile to have a message board system if you do not have converters.  That is how you bring in new users.  They will not even try Yabbse unless they can convert.  I don't have a year to wait,  :-[

Jason
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2003, 02:43:28 PM »

have you not checked your private messages yet? :)

Jason
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2003, 02:53:55 PM »

lol,

no not yet I was too busy trying to catch that darn llama floating around  ;D  Everytime I catch him he gives me bad karma  8)
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2003, 07:21:44 AM »

One of the problems with this is that vBulletin uses md5, whilst YaBB SE does not.

I'm not sure if it would be best to modify the encryption... how ba would it be for your users to have to reg again?

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Convert from Vbulletin 2.2.9 « previous - next »