Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 18, 2024, 06:44:35 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  YaBB SE 1.5.0 language file changes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB SE 1.5.0 language file changes  (Read 167601 times)
Kessu67
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:YaBB SE 1.5.0 language file changes
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2002, 07:30:32 PM »

Onko löytynyt oman suomenkielinen tähän foorumissa?
Kun vaan "Svenska/Norsk/Dansk" kansiosta, mutta missä voi oman suomenkielinen kansiossa???

Sorry, not I am write a english to forum...

Terv. Kessu67
Daniel Hofverberg
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2002, 08:18:11 PM »

Could you try to translate that (to either English or Swedish)...? The only part of that I understood was "Svenska/norsk/dansk"...  ::)
Owdy

Finnish Noobie

spam@hoitajat.net WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2002, 08:23:56 PM »

Quote from: Kessu67 on December 28, 2002, 07:30:32 PMOnko löytynyt oman suomenkielinen tähän foorumissa?
Kun vaan "Svenska/Norsk/Dansk" kansiosta, mutta missä voi oman suomenkielinen kansiossa???

Sorry, not I am write a english to forum...

Terv. Kessu67
Daniel:Something like this:

"Has anyone found finnish board in this forum? There is only "Svenska/Norsk/Dansk", but where is finnish board???"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2002, 08:25:39 PM by Owdy » Logged
Hypocrite
YaBB God

For To End Yet Again

dimmuh@gmx.net WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2002, 08:59:32 PM »

There isn't a Finnish forum for YaBB SE. I suggested this to Jeff a while ago but he didn't think one would be necessary and when I think about it myself I think I have to agree. Not enough Finnish users yet for a Finnish board.
skoen
Longing For a Title
YaBB God

Official translator and local mod.

ICQ - 164554802hoyreskoen@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 12:33:09 AM »

You could probarbly edit the Board 'Svenska/Norsk/Dansk' into 'Nordic', and it would also cover Finnish and Icelandic.

I've come 70% in my translation. Please publish it when I'm 100% done. Will post a link when 100% to both the .zip and .lng

Enjoy :)

Proud to be Norwegian

Feel free to send me an IM if you got any questions or comments regarding YabbSE or my translation.

My portfolio(Norwegian)

Caught 43 llamas.
Daniel Hofverberg
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2002, 01:31:31 AM »

Quote from: skoen on December 30, 2002, 12:33:09 AMYou could probarbly edit the Board 'Svenska/Norsk/Dansk' into 'Nordic', and it would also cover Finnish and Icelandic.
The problem is that Finnish and Icelandic is too different from the other languages, so that posts in those languages wouldn't be understood by the other ones on the board - As opposed to Swedish, Norwegian and Danish which are similar enough so that everyone will be able to understand them...

But the Finnish people that can speak Swedish is of course welcome to that board...
luisr

Left blank to save space.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2002, 02:11:30 AM »

The Spanish language file seems to have a bug or some error.  I installed 1.5.0 the other day and tried the spanish.lng file.  I got parse error in line 718.
Omar Bazavilvazo
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

I never said I would stay to the end...

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2002, 04:18:29 PM »

Quote from: luisr on December 30, 2002, 02:11:30 AMThe Spanish language file seems to have a bug or some error.  I installed 1.5.0 the other day and tried the spanish.lng file.  I got parse error in line 718.

Just go to the spanish forum and download the fixed version that Bambi helped me to fix :P

Greetings from México!
http://omarbazavilvazo.com
Mi foro Español-Japonés
http://hablajapones.org
http://hablajapones.org/index.php/japones/tutoriales/b16.php

NO me manden IM para soporte o dudas
...Leo los foros como todos...
Björn
YaBB SE Developer

Win is great, I used it to download Linux! :)

ICQ - 91548150 WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2002, 04:30:38 PM »

$txt['topbottom4'] = 'nach oben';
$txt['topbottom5'] = 'nach unten';

these lines are missing in the german.lng

Keng
Noobie

Web Thai

ICQ - 11470350kengracing@msn.com WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2002, 02:21:16 PM »

Quote from: Sikachu on December 28, 2002, 02:11:32 PMOk, i'm working with thai language pack now ^_^
(and with image,too)

thai.lng
http://thaiyabb.com/files/thaiyabbse.zip <==thai.lng with template support thai language
http://thaiyabb.com/files/thaibutton.zip <==Button thai language

support thai language visit at http://thaiyabb.com/forums/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2002, 02:24:14 PM by Keng » Logged

visit our website at: RacingWeb.NET, Thai YaBB SE Thai Language, Forums test Mods
finnhack
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2002, 11:59:40 PM »

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on December 30, 2002, 01:31:31 AMThe problem is that Finnish and Icelandic is too different from the other languages, so that posts in those languages wouldn't be understood by the other ones on the board - As opposed to Swedish, Norwegian and Danish which are similar enough so that everyone will be able to understand them...

But the Finnish people that can speak Swedish is of course welcome to that board...

On the other hand I don't know if it would cause much harm if you write in finnish on the Nordic forum !? Those who understand does it and those who do not won't. An idea would be to write a summary in english or something.

BRGD,

Johan, who uses what ever language...
skoen
Longing For a Title
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2003, 01:50:13 AM »

How about if we could try that for a period of time, and let the Finnish users post in the section 'Svenska/Dansk/Norsk'. If it works out well, we could rename the section to 'Nordic' and have four Local moderators for that section, one for each language.

If it don't work out well we could either:
1. Make a separate section for Finnish users, that is of course if there are many posts.
2. Move them to a section for 'other languages' and keep all the posts and replies.

Either way, you have to reorder the boards/sections.

Just a thought...  ::)

Proud to be Norwegian

Feel free to send me an IM if you got any questions or comments regarding YabbSE or my translation.

My portfolio(Norwegian)

Caught 43 llamas.
Daniel Hofverberg
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2003, 03:32:20 AM »

Quote from: finnhack on December 31, 2002, 11:59:40 PMOn the other hand I don't know if it would cause much harm if you write in finnish on the Nordic forum !? Those who understand does it and those who do not won't.
That would only make the board very messy, and wouldn't make much sense... It would be exactly the same as if someone would combine the Spanish and French boards into one...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 03:56:56 AM by Daniel Hofverberg » Logged
skoen
Longing For a Title
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2003, 03:40:33 AM »

I see, but it was just a thought though. Anyways, the Finnish users needing help can, as it has already been said, post their errors, requests and questions in either Swedish or English.

Proud to be Norwegian

My portfolio(Norwegian)

Caught 43 llamas.
talle
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2003, 06:50:11 PM »

yabsessa on suomenkielinen mutta siinä on virhe. Jos et saa asentumaan niin vastaile tähän! Tarkistan joku päivä. Minulla on toimiva suomenkielinen koneella...

Suomenkielistä boardia ei taida näille vielä olla...täytyy yrittää ottaa selvää.

Yes, sorry! someone asked about finnish version and I posted that I have one. The finnish.lng wich is among the YaBB SE 1.5.0 do not work without some changes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 04:32:49 AM by talle » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  YaBB SE 1.5.0 language file changes « previous - next »