Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 29, 2024, 07:31:23 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.1RC1 & 1.4.1] Photo Gallery Mod « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Beta 1.5.1RC1 & 1.4.1] Photo Gallery Mod  (Read 334441 times)
Nerd3d

Happy Rendering

Re:[Beta 1.5.1RC1 & 1.4.1] Photo Gallery Mod
« Reply #495 on: March 25, 2003, 02:29:16 AM »

Hummm. Just for kicks try truning the refresh time up to 10 or 15 seconds. (With the original Line) Maybe the page isn't getting loaded all the way before it refreshes. Doesn't seem like that could be it, but this shouldn't be happening so maybe it will work.

Also if you hover the "Back" button that is the URL it's linking to? Is it right? It's constructed with the $HTTP_REFFERER variable too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 02:30:01 AM by Nerd3d » Logged
PoohBear

« Reply #496 on: March 25, 2003, 04:54:19 AM »

I reverted back to the original line and increased the refresh time but the problem still occured...?

Hovering over the back button with the refresh time increased the link shown is "Back to Gallery - Showing picture 51" (relevant number). The page then changes to the error and the back button remains the same.

If I then click the back button it returns to the comment input page and the forward button shows the link "Forward to http://www.mysite.com/yabbse/gallery/db_input.php", clicking the forward button returns to the error page....

???
Nerd3d

Happy Rendering

« Reply #497 on: March 25, 2003, 05:50:54 AM »

Gurrr! OK, is the URL the same for both of those? Look close no spaces or any thing. (Refresh and "Back" that is)

This just doesn't make any sence.
PoohBear

« Reply #498 on: March 25, 2003, 06:10:32 AM »

Yeah, they are the same, I have left the refresh hardcoded which overcomes the issue for the moment ...???

On another point, I have noticed that the users "RealName" is used on all the gallery except the "Last Comments" page where the user name is shown.

I have been trying to change this so the "Real Name" is used on the Last Comments as well, but not having any luck... A real beginner  :'(
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #499 on: March 27, 2003, 07:56:40 AM »

heya guys, i made a new .mod version
This version "should" fix the copyright bug in the previous version. If you have the older version (installer 0.9.mod), uninstall it first, then apply this mod in BoardMod and upload Subs.php, overwriting the older one.
Pls try it and let me know if the copyright problem still occurs.

Download it here
You will need to add <yabb gallerycopyright> before <yabb copyright>.

thanks to CrazyC for the suggestions
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 06:44:45 PM by Spaceman-Spiff » Logged

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
CrazyC

My name says enough.

« Reply #500 on: March 27, 2003, 04:07:50 PM »

So that there isn't a whole string of complaints, Spaceman left 2 small things out of the .mod file that he just posted lastnight.

One, in the readme.txt file there should be another line telling you to now add one more tag to your template.php file called:  <yabb gallerycopyright>
Add it immediately before the yabb tag like so:
<yabb gallerycopyright><yabb copyright>
Both tags are required and you will receive errors if they are not there.

Two, in his hurrying to complete the changes in the mod file, he left the line out of subs.php to add the gallery menu button.
To add it in, search for this line in Subs.php:
   $yymenu = "<a href=\"$scripturl\">$img[home]</a>$menusep<a href=\"$helpfile\" target=\"_blank\">$img[help]</a>$menusep<a href=\"$cgi;action=search\">$img[search]</a>";

and add this line after it:
   $yymenu .= "$menusep<a href=\"$scripturl?action=gallery\">$img[gallery]</a>";

That should do it temporarily until he makes the changes and posts another copy.  Thanks again Spaceman!

CrazyC
CrazyC

My name says enough.

« Reply #501 on: March 27, 2003, 04:45:23 PM »

I would also like to post a quick solution for the database install problem that everyone has been having problems with, rather than having to install the additional tables by hand.

Only do this if you know everything is setup according to the install instructions and you're having a problem with the gallery install.php file that creates the additonal database tables needed for the gallery.

This fixes the problem when you run install.php and it lists the "Make sure you have..........created and chmod'ed these folders..........." and the continue button doesn't take you anywhere.  All it does is eliminiate the functions that are trying to check if your settings are correct.

Open the install.php file in an editor and search for these lines:
   } else {
      test_fs();
      if ($errors != '')
         html_prereq_errors($errors);
      else {
         test_im();
         html_input_config();
      }

and replace it with this:
   } else {
         html_input_config();
      }

Again, only do this if you are sure everything was setup correctly and until Spaceman Spiff can find out what is causing these tests to malfunction on some systems.

CrazyC
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #502 on: March 27, 2003, 06:46:57 PM »

my bad, i fixed that

also, there's a manual installer already (just the db dump)
i put the link in the 1st page

CrazyC

My name says enough.

« Reply #503 on: March 27, 2003, 09:05:56 PM »

OOoops, now it's my bad!  :o

I did see all the posts about the install probs and I also saw your comments about manual install, but missed the part about a separate dbinstall script.

CrazyC
PoohBear

« Reply #504 on: March 30, 2003, 02:04:53 AM »

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on March 22, 2003, 02:25:52 AM
im developing the new album permission manager, could use some beta testing help when done :)
hope i can get something done tonight

@Spiff, any progress on this yet? I really need to be able to limit access to some of the Albums... ;)
babylonking

Proudly Canadian

« Reply #505 on: March 30, 2003, 10:07:49 PM »

Spaceman-Spiff: did you check the new gallery version 1.1 ::) i just installed in my web site but is not integrated with my yabbse forum yet........so far no bugs & lots of user options......here check it out. http://www.babylonking.net/art

« Last Edit: March 30, 2003, 10:11:37 PM by babylonking » Logged

Proudly Canadian          
Silver Dragon

Uh, Dragons are cool.

ICQ - 1972247webmaster@alphavideo.com WWW
« Reply #506 on: March 31, 2003, 09:04:15 PM »

I seem to be having a problem with the 'search new pics' option.  I already deleted line 42, so I got past the db error.

When I select the 'Search new pictures' option in the gallery admin center I get a list of files and their thumbnails.  Great.  I select the 'Insert Selected picture' option and it looks like it want to work... I get a list of all the file names that *should* get inserted into the database, but it fails.  No information is sent to the database and none of the thumbs work on the results page.  I tried to CHMOD 777 the /albums directory and the directory I was reading from (just for fun) and neither seemed to help.

Hopefully I'm just doing something dumb.  Help, please!

-SD

Silver Dragon

Uh, Dragons are cool.

« Reply #507 on: March 31, 2003, 09:10:22 PM »

Not sure if this helps anyone... But when I right-click (or control-click in my case) on the dead image on the results page and tell it to open image in a new window, I get this error in a new window:

2: Missing argument 4 for add_picture()  
(/Users/draco/Sites/SilverDragonDen/gallery/include/functions.inc.php ln 300)

That line in functions.inc.php reads:
function add_picture($aid, $filepath, $filename, $title)

I assume it's having a hard time grabbing the title...  But if I remove that variable will it break the normal upload procedure?

Thanks,

-SD
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 09:30:31 PM by Silver Dragon » Logged

Silver Dragon

Uh, Dragons are cool.

« Reply #508 on: March 31, 2003, 09:29:49 PM »

[cross posted at the PfaBB site]

I found a couple of ways to fix it... But it creates a problem too...

First you need to open the 'searchnew.php' file located in your gallery directory.  Go to line 42 and remove it (she should say $connection = db_connect();)

Now go to your includes folder (still in the gallery) and open the file 'functions.inc.php'.  Go to line 300 and remove the variable '$title'.

Upload the changes and your batch should work.  Now here's the problem... When you do a regular upload from the menu button, if you enter a title into the title field it will *not* record that information into the database.  

If someone better than I can fix the functions.inc.php file I would be greatly appreciative. I think it needs some sort of string to look for a title or not... And if not available to just use the image file name instead.

Ideas?

-SD

Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #509 on: March 31, 2003, 10:34:25 PM »

@babylonking: i have not yet tried v1.1
i'll try it when it's out of beta

@Silver Dragon: the search function isnt converted to yse yet when i did the gallery mod. it's one of the things i missed :(

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.1RC1 & 1.4.1] Photo Gallery Mod « previous - next »