Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 17, 2024, 09:09:18 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.2] Collapsable YaBB « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.2] Collapsable YaBB  (Read 14029 times)
snYpir

I'm a llama!

[Done 1.5.2] Collapsable YaBB
« on: August 14, 2002, 08:40:41 PM »

Collapsable YaBB

by snYpir ([email protected])

Version 1.1 for YaBB SE 1.5.2, 1.5.1, 1.5.0 and 1.4.1

This mod allows members to compress their board index to show only those categories that they are interested in.

A screenshot can be viewed here.

Features

• The 'new message' and 'no new messages' icon is used when categories are compressed to give an indication of whether or not the collapsed category contains new messages.

• Collapsed category details are saved in the database, meaning that the collapsed settings are 'permenant' for each member (ie no cookies).

• A simple 'new' icon if there are new messages can be used at the end of the category name instead of the blue/black diamond icon (v1.1).

• An arrow indicating category collapsed/expanded status can be displayed, just like on this forum here at www.yabb.info (v1.1).

Compatibility

Unknown.

History

1.1 - Created a 1.5.1 compatible version. The mod file is collapsable_yabb_151.mod. No database updates are needed if you already had the 1.4.1 version installed.

1.1 - Created a 1.5 compatible version. The mod file is collapsable_yabb_15.mod. No database updates are needed if you already had the 1.4.1 version installed.

1.1 - Modified collapseyabb_dbmod.php so that when re-run (for example when upgrading) it won't create duplicate variables in the settings table.
    1.1 - Added an optional 'new' icon (same as used for new messages in threads in message index) that can be used when indicating that a cat contains new messages (more visually appealing than the blue/black diamond)
    1.1 - Added the collapsed/expanded category arrow, made it an option in mod settings (images ripped straight from the YaBB SE forum, so thanks to the YaBB SE dudes for that!)

1.0 - Boardmod file updated to work with YaBB SE 1.4.1
    1.0 - Initial release (straight conversion from Collapsable YaBB 1.3 for YaBB SP 1.1)

Download

Download the mod here.

Installation

• Upload collapseyabb_dbmod.php to your root YaBB SE directory and run it in your browser (ie www.mysite.com\yabbse
    ollapseyabb_dbmod.php). This will make a new field in your members table, and add five fields to your settings table.
  • Upload the four image files to your YaBBse\YaBBImages directory.
  • Use boardmod to install either collapsable_yabb_15.mod or collapsable_yabb_141.mod, depending on your version of YaBB SE. Upload modified files to your server.

Upgrading

Upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5 or 1.5.1 compatible version (if you already had 1.4.1 installed):

• Upload collapseyabb_dbmod.php to your server, and run it. Just to be sure the database has the right fields.
  • Use boardmod to install collapsable_yabb_15.mod and upload the four modified files.
  • There is no need to re-upload the images.

Upgrading from a previous version of Collapsable YaBB (for example 1.0 to 1.1):

• Upload collapseyabb_dbmod.php to your server, and run it. It will not make duplicate variables in your settings table. It will add the new variables as required.
  • Upload the two new images (collapse.gif and expanded.gif) to your YaBBImages directory.
  • Uninstall your current version of Collapsable YaBB with boardmod.
  • Install the new version with boardmod.
  • Upload modified files to your server.

Useage

Click on category names to expand or collapse single categories. Click on Expand or Collapse in the forum title bar to expand or collapse all categories.

In mod settings and preferences you can elect to turn off\on the collapsable yabb, display << and >> around category names, turn off/on the black/blue diamonds (new post images), elect to display a 'new' icon if a category contains new messages, and show/hide the collapsed/expanded category indicators.

Comments

This is FINAL for YaBB SE. It is my first YaBB SE mod, and unlike in the SP version I had to write the new message detection from scratch, which was a challenge considering I have never touched SQL before ;)

I have a YaBBPak version also, but it didn't install on my server so until i get that sorted boardmod it is.

Please let me know how you would like me to improve this mod, either graphically or feature-wise.

Please make comments or suggestions at here (preferred) or email me.

8)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 06:27:54 AM by snYpir » Logged

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
snYpir

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.4.0] Collapsable YaBB
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 09:00:19 PM »

Just saw vorapoap (vory)'s mod that essentially does the same thing :-\

thats cool, I learnt heaps about YaBB SE whilst making this mod anyway, and perhaps people will get some use out of this version.

my code does not use any of vorapoap's work, and if i could remove this post i probaly would because there is no point having two mods that do the same thing.

sorry dudes! :-*

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
KillaP

I'm fine..... No really I am.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 09:31:23 PM »

No, that's cool.  Yours probably works better since Vory's version is for older YabbSE's.  I may look into this later.
Nemesis
What's an Admin?
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 12:15:19 AM »

When posting a new mod, please rember to message me, so I can add it to the list.

If you haven't read the rules on posting mods here the link: http://www.yabb.info/community/index.php?board=158;action=display;threadid=11961

Want to say thanks?
DONATE or check out my WishList
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 05:06:55 AM »

No problems getting it to work on my board. I tried vory's mod and it didn't work so well with 1.4 so its good you released yours.
Horseman
YaBB God

'MAS VALE CABALLO QUE CAUDAL!'

ICQ - 44729151 WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 10:10:57 PM »

can you modify this mod for version 1.4.1  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 10:20:44 PM by Horseman » Logged
snYpir

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] Collapsable YaBB
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2002, 07:53:11 AM »

done ;)

the links are back up also, sorry about that, server crashed big-time.

any suggestions for improvements?

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] Collapsable YaBB
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2002, 08:00:02 AM »

I saw the pic in the first post. Is it right, that the cats are getting smaller if they're minimized ? Sorry for not testing this by myself, but in the moment I haven't any time (later today)...

I would prefer it like it is on this board here: no changes in the dimensions.

snYpir

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] Collapsable YaBB 1.0
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2002, 09:04:38 AM »

nope, there are no changes in dimensions. it simply doesn't display the categories for 'collapsed' cats. ::)

i do like the way the front end for this board collapses (with the little arrow thingy), and i intend to write the same thing into this mod and make it an option as soon as I get a chance.

time, oh for more time....(!) Bear in mind that Vory's mod (which I still haven't tried) may be 'better' than this mod, who knows.

If anyone wants to make changes or improvements please go ahead, this is quite a simple mod.

What I would like is a new graphic for when a category contains a new message, because the blue/black diamond is kinda chunky. I was thinking of using the same 'new' icon that is used for individual threads.

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
Horseman
YaBB God

'MAS VALE CABALLO QUE CAUDAL!'

ICQ - 44729151 WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2002, 09:09:17 AM »

when i install it in the yabbse 1.4.1 i have error in boardIndex.php:
NO MATCHING STRING FOUND FOR

search string start --------------
      print <<<EOT
  <tr>
    <td colspan="5" class="catbg" height="18"><a name="$row_board[ID_CAT]"><b>$row_board[catName]</b></a></td>
  </tr>
EOT;---- search string end ---------------------
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2002, 02:10:00 PM »

Nice mod :)

Quote from: snYpir on August 17, 2002, 09:04:38 AMI was thinking of using the same 'new' icon that is used for individual threads.

I thought the same and changed it right away.
vorapoap (vory)

Not considered either a living or death

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2002, 03:39:23 PM »

Quote from: snYpir on August 14, 2002, 09:00:19 PMJust saw vorapoap (vory)'s mod that essentially does the same thing :-\

Don't be worried like my name 'Vory'

I no longer contribute anything anymore to YaBB SE. So I guess it is very good idea for this mod to be released.. but I also looks forward to anyone who can modify my code to work with 1.4.0 or 1.4.1.. I guess it wouldn't be so difficult.

I am getting too old about this....  :-\

On the route to hell...
snYpir

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2002, 09:37:59 PM »

with your permission, which I assume you just gave, i'll 'combine' the two mods. That will save people having to download both mods and choosing the one that suits them.

of course you will be credited for you work ;)

downloading your mod now dude... thanks for clearing this issue up!

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
snYpir

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] Collapsable YaBB 1.1
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2002, 12:59:15 PM »

righto ;)

a couple of changes made, due mainly to popular opinion. I copied the collapse/expand arrow from this forum and included it in this mod for a start, so thanks to whoever is responsible for those little images here at www.yabb.info ;D

and because the blue/black diamonds were considered ugly, i added the option to use a 'new' icon (just like what is used when a thread contains new messages) at the end of the category name.

all of this is can be turned off/on via the mod settings page.

i hope this mod helps a few people out, and does what Vory's does as well (still haven't looked at it yet :( )

let me know if there are any troubles!

Check out:
  • Enhanced Ban
  • Collapsable YaBB
  • UnDelete
  • Topic Solved
  • Topic Summary
rickc

My Tsi rules!

Re:[Beta 1.4.1] Collapsable YaBB 1.1
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2002, 07:53:12 AM »

Ok I just wanna start off by saying it was more than likely me, but...after I installed this mod & ended up with nothing that was Collapsable.What I did get was "go down"& a "go up" buttons in all my post to scroll up/down the posts.....but No  Collapsable mod.

At 1st I thought I installed the wrong mod(that will happen at 4in the morning...:)
But after checkin(& re checking) the mod,maker, it really was the  Collapsable mod I was trying to install.( (collapseyabb.mod)
Is this a cruel joke & I was the last to get it???Or  is my mod 1/2 installed& I never did have it??

On another note, is there an english version to this  

http://forum.yabb.it/forum/index.php

Collapsable YABB mod???I found it on the Italian site, & it exactly what I had in mind........

Thanks in advance RickC

« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 08:01:26 AM by rickc » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.2] Collapsable YaBB « previous - next »