Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 05, 2024, 06:54:49 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out??  (Read 2670 times)
D8TA

I'm a Christian

YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out??
« on: July 08, 2002, 01:38:03 AM »

I checked this forum and didn't come across anything. I am wondering how to make the news part of my board not fade but just stay there. I have a daily devotion I place there on my church's website and would rather it just stay readable all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.  :)

Jack of all trades.....Master of none.
Dude
Re:YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 08:31:09 AM »

Look for this code in Boardindex.php
   if($shownewsfader == 1) {
      if(!isset($fadertime)) { $fadertime = 5000; }

and change the 5000 to 0. I think that would work but don't quote me on it. ;)
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 12:40:28 PM »

Or you could disable the news fader and just have a news tag like we do here :)

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 11:37:02 PM »

Where and how would I change it to have just a News tag like this board does? Just need someplace to post a daily devotion that is easy and doesn't require uploading each day, simple is the plan. I noticed how easy the news part on the board is to modify although on long verses it gets annoying trying to read and then it disappears.  ;D  How hard would that be to construct just a news section like this board has and does it have one central place to add and edit yout text? Appreciate the feedback thanks you two.  :)  I absolutely love YabbSE!!

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 12:50:11 AM »

In Forum Preferences and Settings, uncheck enable news fader. See how that goes...

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2002, 01:48:06 PM »

I went to the Forum Preferences and Settings, and unchecked enable news and didn't really notice anything. Then I unchecked Show News fader on Board Index and it took the news section completely off my board. I then went to the boardindex and changed the 5000 to 0 like Dude said but my news fader is still fading. Didn't see anything called enable news fader??  I am using version 1.4 if that helps out any. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 09, 2002, 02:04:52 PM by D8TA » Logged

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2002, 02:47:29 PM »

Enable news? should be checked (as you want news to show)
Show news Fader on Board index? should be unchecked

If that doesn't work, all you may need is to add the news tag to your template. I believe it's

<yabb news>

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2002, 03:06:07 PM »

That seemed to work. Where do I change the title from News to something else such as daily scripture, verse or something like that other than News.

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2002, 03:55:51 PM »

Find that in english.lng. Open up english.lng with a text editor and search for News:. You can change that to whatever you'd like.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2002, 04:17:45 PM »

Boy, you are going to get tired of hearing from me ;D  One last questions concerning this. I tried to change the News title color in the forum and preference but it didn't work. Since I have changed the News I would like the title to be a different color then the news text.
Also when I had the news fader going it had the News in the center with a table box surrounding the news text. Now that I have changed the news fader how could I recreate what it once looked like? THanks Jeff and I should be out of questions about this topic. Greatly appreciate it!! :)

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2002, 01:33:57 PM »

Quote from: D8TA on July 09, 2002, 04:17:45 PMBoy, you are going to get tired of hearing from me ;D  One last questions concerning this. I tried to change the News title color in the forum and preference but it didn't work. Since I have changed the News I would like the title to be a different color then the news text.
Also when I had the news fader going it had the News in the center with a table box surrounding the news text. Now that I have changed the news fader how could I recreate what it once looked like? THanks Jeff and I should be out of questions about this topic. Greatly appreciate it!! :)

Somebody help please ???

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2002, 02:05:15 PM »

I am guessing that this is in the template file itself in the CSS area.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2002, 03:16:56 PM »

Ok where is that located at. This is getting to be a bigger task than expected. I just wanted to lose the fading in the news section. Your suggestion worked fine but now I want to place the new title in the center with my news text under it. Looks kinda stupid the way it is now. Thanks in advance

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2002, 05:12:05 PM »

Quote from: Dude on July 08, 2002, 08:31:09 AMLook for this code in Boardindex.php
   if($shownewsfader == 1) {
      if(!isset($fadertime)) { $fadertime = 5000; }

and change the 5000 to 0. I think that would work but don't quote me on it. ;)

I tried this and it doesn't work. Any other ideas? I want to keep the way it with the news fader, don't like the just plain news tag. I have tried to set it to 99999 and that still doesn't work. Isn't there a place that you can just turn the fading off? That is what I am really after, it is simple. Surely there is. Thanks  ;D

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2002, 01:27:37 PM »

Ok surely there is a way to stop the text from fading in the news fader  ???  Can anyone please tell me where I can find it. Anyone?? ???
Thanks

Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out?? « previous - next »