Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12, 2024, 06:00:35 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB SE install error! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB SE install error!  (Read 1559 times)
Deathbliss
Noobie

UnrealED and TESCS Engineer

YaBB SE install error!
« on: February 27, 2004, 04:04:41 AM »

YaBB SE Version: 1.5.5
Server Platform: Unix, Linux, or BSD
Link to Forum: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~nucleus/yabbse/install.php?step=2

Problem Description:
So I posted here before, concerned that this wouldn't work because where I'm hosted seems to have issues with some PHP. I check out the easy installation and nice instructions, and I'm thinking hey! This might actually work out! Then this happens:

"Warning: file(/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nucleus/cgi-bin/yabbse/install.php on line 340

Warning: fopen(/Settings.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/nucleus/cgi-bin/yabbse/install.php on line 351

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nucleus/cgi-bin/yabbse/install.php on line 353

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nucleus/cgi-bin/yabbse/install.php on line 354

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/nucleus/cgi-bin/yabbse/install.php on line 357

Cannot connect to database server with given data!

Please check the information you provided, and then try again."

At the forum link above you can see another weird error - saying Settings.php isn't writable but it's CHMOD 777 so explain that one to me! I hope someone can help me out here, I'm curious to see how good this is compared to the latest YaBB. Oh yeah and all the folders are CHMOD 777 - just so you know. Internet Explorer has been giving me errors with .asp pages for no discernable reason and I have my security practically off so I don't have a clue there either - maybe this is affecting .php pages too?
- Deathbliss

Fight the RIAA!
The Nucleus

I'm not a complete idiot... Some peices are missing!
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:YaBB SE install error!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 04:13:34 AM »

If you want to message me with yuor FTP information I can try to see why it's not writable.

-[Unknown]
Deathbliss
Noobie

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 03:55:38 AM »

OK, I had the wrong info so it installed wrong. Once I deleted everything and re-installed it with the right info it worked like a dream. This forum ROCKS! Thanks for your effrost folks, and you can be sure I'll try Simple Machines when it comes out (if it remains free since I'm poor)!
- Deathbliss

P.S. I haven't looked around too much but is there any way to add new smilies built in, or any mods you can add to this? I'm just curious - File Attachment was one of my biggest concerns but I like stuff like adding smilies and being able to make private boards.

Fight the RIAA!
The Nucleus

Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 04:53:29 AM »

Have a look in the Completed mods board here. Look for a mod by Big P, can't remember the exact name of the mod... but it should be easy to spot if you look for his name with a topic title about smileys. ;)

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Deathbliss
Noobie

Wow!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 08:06:10 AM »

I just found the installed mods page in my Admin Control and just about everything I'll ever need is there! I'm sure gonna go check on this info you shared - thank you! If you want to see my little forum here's a link:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~nucleus/yabbse/index.php

I just used the converter.php thingy and despite version mismatches once again once I entered the right info everything went in as slick as greased lighting! Whoever made that coverter THANK YOU! I'm holding my breath against errors but so far everything is just fine!

Jeeze YaBB BLOWS compared to what you guys have done! But I have to admit I still appreciate and am thankful that YaBB is as as good as it is for a free forums, and that it has a pretty good mod and support community. But from now on I'm YaBB SE all the way!
- Deathbliss

Fight the RIAA!
The Nucleus

Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 08:09:20 AM »

Welcome to the elite of the elite. :-X ;)

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB SE install error! « previous - next »