Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14, 2024, 08:48:50 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Question: Font size in user's post « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Question: Font size in user's post  (Read 1146 times)
j_angel
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Question: Font size in user's post
« on: July 27, 2002, 02:02:36 AM »

I was customizing the user's post font size in the template. When I add font-size= x-small; in .Windowbg, everything seems fine. However, if I change it to font-size= x-small;, some of the user's post font size becomes larger.
For example, when I start a thread or reply and type some texts, if I type the capitalized text first, then the font becomes larger. If I type the non capitalized text first, then the font stays in x-small. Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, what is .oldcatbg and .Windowbg for? I tried to find their use, but couldn't see any difference when I changed the setting in it.

Thanks
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
Re:Question: Font size in user's post
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 02:05:56 AM »

.windowbg is where you see the blue background on this board. Not sure where oldcatbg is coming from, I thought they removed that in v1.4?

Good luck, MM

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
j_angel
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 02:18:38 AM »

Oops, sorry, i meant what is .windowbg3 for.  The .oldcatbg probably came with the old template I had for YaBB Gold. I'll just remove it. :)

Also, do you have any advice for me to fix the font-size problem I'm having? Or that's just the way it is? And do you know where I can fix the font-size for the word "Members List" and the number of online guest and users?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2002, 02:36:47 AM by j_angel » Logged
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 07:32:35 AM »

Hehe... don't know why I can't resist questions about fonts, but...

You need to get rid of everything below the body tag that says <font size=1 (2,-1, etc)>, and put most of the font sizes up in the CSS part of the template. Well, you need to get rid of them if you want your template to be CSS and HTML compliant anyway.

I've got a post around here somewhere about CSS and HTML compliancy, with a copy of my template in it. I've since modified the template a little though. I changed the CSS BODY tag to say { font-size: small ;}  or maybe x-small, can't remember at the moment.

Basically, you want all the font sizes and colors up in the CSS part of the template. Then you want to remove any hard-coded bgcolor font colors and sizes in the lower part of the template. Then make sure any tag that has a font color also has a background color (even if it's transparent or has an image), and use font sizes like small, x-small, xx-small, medium, large, etc. instead of 12px or 12pt.

I'm not sure where windowbg3 is used exactly in YaBB, I set it up to work with my YaPP blocks though. I even added a .menu tag to customize the menu row up top.

The template is fairly flexible as long as you don't remove the nested tables surrounding the <yabb main> area, or it looks pretty bad. You can however remove the extra tables around the logo, menu area and down below by the copyright (just don't remove the copyright itself).

By playing with the width of the table borders, the bordercolor, and by using two or 4 border colors, make some interesting (and some quite ugly) frame effects around your tables too. :)

If you see a site you like in the Showcase, right-click on the web page and view their source - you'll see what cool things they did to their templates. You can see mine here: http://ac2m.computers4gaming.com .

Feel free to view my source too! :)

Have fun, Moya

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
j_angel
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 02:43:13 PM »

Btw, you have one great cool site!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Question: Font size in user's post « previous - next »