Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 05, 2024, 09:25:28 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Conversion Question « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Conversion Question  (Read 3651 times)
corvettecrew
Noobie

Here's Johnny!

Conversion Question
« on: March 14, 2002, 06:04:12 AM »

Right now I have YaBB Gold, but it is getting to slow for me to handle.  I saw this and thought I might give it a try.  The only problem is, is that my current host does not have MySQL.  

I have to have MySQL to use YaBBSE right?

I have found another host that has MySQL and I am considering moving my site there.  The only problem is that I would like to convert my forum instead of starting over.  Is there anyway to transfer a forum from one host to another, and then convert it?

Also, does anyone know of a good cheap host that offers MySQL?

Thanks

Shaun
Wannabe Mod Writer

YaBB SE Rules.

Re:Conversion Question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 06:52:16 AM »

You're right...gotta have MySQL to use YaBB SE.  I transferred my old YaBB 1 Gold over to my new host and then converted successfully from there.  I suggest you keep your old host until you have converted your board and everything is fine on your new host.  Just in case.

I'm gonna check out http://www.cyberwings.com as my new host.  I hear their support is great.  http://www.smartrat.com is my current host and they have changed their "unlimited bandwidth" to 20 Gigs a month so I gotta move.  I was also looking at http://www.siteturn.com as another possibility.

This guy uses objects like women man!
corvettecrew
Noobie

Here's Johnny!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 05:59:29 AM »

How do I transfer a forum from one host to another?
corvettecrew
Noobie

Here's Johnny!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 06:51:52 AM »

I also just wanted to say that cyberwings sounds awesome!  I already got some of my questions answered and I haven't even signed up yet.
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 09:27:08 PM »

Quote from: corvettecrew on March 15, 2002, 05:59:29 AMHow do I transfer a forum from one host to another?

Just copy the files to your harddisk and upload them to your new account. Then add the right paths during the conversion...

corvettecrew
Noobie

Here's Johnny!

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 09:48:04 PM »

alright, thanks!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Conversion Question « previous - next »