Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 02, 2024, 03:06:08 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: PHP Portals... will it....  (Read 165483 times)
M'
Noobie

M ///

ICQ - 31400247mozart2k@msn.com WWW
Re:PHP Portals... will it....
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2002, 06:06:22 AM »

I like to know when yuke will be release. ;D

Ps. Can anyone suggest me about another CMS can combine with YaBB SE or non-affect to my YaBB SE
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 06:07:32 AM by M » Logged
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2002, 07:51:24 AM »

yuke will be out when iits out though i did hear matt say 2-4 weeks hopefully :)

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2002, 12:23:19 PM »

Hehe everyone can go bug Matt about this ;)

Nossie

If it aint broke, you haven't played with it enuff

ICQ - 18967293IanHarvie@Hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2002, 01:29:37 PM »

nevermind *lol*

I shoulda read the news <grins>

your saved Jeff hehe
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 01:30:50 PM by Nossie » Logged

Purple Raine
Beta Tester

Who's Yo Daddy?

« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2002, 03:12:14 AM »

OK, I spent the last 20 minutes or so re-reading this entire thread... now I'm ready to pitch in my 2 cents

as I'm not a programmer, I can't judge how simple or difficult something is to do (although i'm sure doing anything of this nature is very tough)...

so I'm just going to look at things from a user's standpoint...

from what I've heard and seen about PostNuke and phpNuke - it seems like PostNuke is the collective production of the CMS whereas phpNuke is the one-man band... in that case, I'd prefer to use something developed by a whole crew of people...

I must also agree that there a lot of bulletin board systems out there as well as CMS systems... so if y'all are building yet another CMS system, then it may be "just another one" ... and may and mostly likely will have many problems / bugs ... because you're altering two sets of codes...

whereas if you make yabb a module for one of the other developed systems out there, then you can have the support of yabb users and *nuke users because they'll be interested in using your product - and hence act as a great source of troubleshooting and bug squashing...

unless of course, you can get the developers of YaBB SE involved in this CMS process ...

I obviously like YaBB enough to *not* switch away from it into a *nuke which will make my life a heck lot easier... so I do hope that something will be done to make us all happy... and any support (emotional, or whatever =), I will offer ...

those are just my 0.02
PostDeals

Checkout postdeals.net for the latest deals.

« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2002, 03:43:54 PM »

I am looking for a PORTAL real badly i need to integrate into my site http://www.postdeals.net  if anyone can help me i would really appericiate it.

THANKS
Purvin

For HotDeals, Coupons, Games Visit: www.postdeals.net

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2002, 03:50:10 PM »

Also, to those Xoops users..we may have something in the works soon thanks to a long time YaBB user :)

Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2002, 05:05:39 PM »

* Mach8 looks at Da...*censored*

;D
Purple Raine
Beta Tester

Who's Yo Daddy?

« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2002, 06:35:01 PM »

I don't know what Xoops is, but will download it now if it's what YaBB will be working with =)...

Great Stuff!
Shindou Hikaru
Honinbou
YaBB Crony
YaBB God

ICQ - 152652980mephidmann@emulation-inc.com WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2002, 07:51:26 PM »

1.3 is out. Matt's been away since 7 days or so. Damn it. I finished almost everything, not counting the blocks, which I was about to do. All that was left to do is crack the password encryption. That shouldn't take 7 days to do. Man, I released a new beta version almost daily. Matt, if you read this, please reply. You've been absent for too long. Matt promised it to be released when 1.3 came out. He's been gone ever since he made the promise...

Phpnuke is great, who cares Franciso is an ass, the things great. Postnuke hogs your bandwith.

Why phpnuke not postnuke? Two reasons:
1. I got the first idea to make the merge, I was using phpnuke at the moment.
2. Matt prefers phpnuke above postnuke.

Please do not message me for support, use the support boards
Amazon Wishlist | ThinkGeek Wishlist | My Blog
Nossie

« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2002, 09:06:47 PM »

anyone interested in doing what the masses want and not what 2... maybe 3 people want? *smiles innocently*

hope it all works out for you mephidmann...
but I'd hate it to go against the name of yabbse if it doesnt.

I'm intregued with your reasoning...
according to most people their isnt much difference between the two cms's as far as bandwidth goes.. but thet the two of them do HOG bandwidth. Your other two reasons are personal and in all honesty I cant hold you against doing something you want to do...... but looking at it all in a wider perspective the suggestion posed wont feed the hunger of more than a few.

shame... I feel I've got excited over nothing.  :P

Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2002, 10:44:07 PM »

What about myPHPNuke? Will it be compatible, or only with PHPNuke?
Nossie

« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2002, 10:50:01 PM »

from what I'm aware

the suggestion posed will be compatable
with NEITHER PHPNuke or PostNuke

this being because hey, its a totally new cms (technically)  ::) called 'Yuke' which will have to get its own mods, themes, modules, support... etc etc

so if it wont work those two.. then chances of it working with myPHPNuke are nil and zero
« Last Edit: April 03, 2002, 10:53:15 PM by Nossie » Logged

Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2002, 02:47:25 AM »

OK Guys.  Heres the deal:

We are working with YaBB SE and PHP-Nuke to creat Yuke: A BRAND NEW PORTAL.  We will probably write a converter for PHP-Nuke, but it may work out of the box, we are still not sure what will happen.  YaBB SE on the other, will be changed A LOT.  We are integrating the Nuke-Style templates with YaBB style ease.  We are implementing blocks into YaBB templates (because PHP-Nuke templates have them, and we are using those) We will create a brand spankin new template for Yuke.  We will modify bugs we find in both pieces of software.

THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT GOING TO USE POSTNUKE OR MYPHPNUKE.

Please, quit asking us for these.  We are familiar with PHP-Nuke, and are happier with it than PostNuke.  PostNuke is a resource hog.  it is built ON TOP OF PHP-Nuke, and it sucks up bandwidth like none other.  PHP-Nuke is much easier to change mainly because one guy coded it, and seems smaller.

In the FAR future, we may integrate PostNuke and YSE, but the is NOT WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW!

Mephimann and I have been working on this project a lot (with Omario's rambling of course ;) ) and we hope to get it done in 2 weeks or less.  However, there ARE NO GAURANTEES.  We do NOT have a set release date.

Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2002, 02:49:10 AM »

BTW: we are not making this as a Mod for either product because of the massive amounts of modified code.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous - next »