Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 05, 2024, 06:45:41 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.x] Member Map  (Read 61484 times)
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

Re:[Beta 1.5.1] Member Map
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2003, 03:53:59 AM »

Your old membermap?
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2003, 04:51:47 AM »

Yep, the one before this extended version  ;D

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2003, 04:59:29 AM »

I didn't make that one so I can't say. I guess it depends on how it is stored and if the map is the same as the ones already included.
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2003, 06:15:48 AM »

Ofcourse.......... I'll go search for the "old" one then.

Thanx anyway ;)

Webby of salesplaza.nl
CokeCan

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2003, 02:02:07 AM »

Quote from: Gobalopper on January 28, 2003, 07:23:23 AMYep most of those are planned to be included eventually. I think there is a North American map too but for Canada its hard to accurately place the pin. I will include it with the next release though. No world map that I know of.
Thx for your answer! :)
Would be cool have a world map, at last something like: http://www.globaldust.com/map.php?id=14714 ;)
BTW, I love this mod :D
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2003, 06:37:58 AM »

It would be a lot harder to do something like that map but if you want a world map just find a map that is 550x430. Once you find one just upload it to the Continent directory and it will show up in the list right away.

I've uploaded RC2 and its main addition is flags by the posts. There are also a few other bug fixes included.
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2003, 07:08:52 PM »

Well, I managed to get my old membermap back, so never mind  ;D

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Wiziwig

Programmer and Users Liason and Manager

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2003, 09:51:18 PM »

I keep getting this error when I attempt to click on edit map:

An Error Has Occurred!

2: OpenDir: No such file or directory (errno 2)
(/home/themeeti/public_html/yse151/Sources/MemberMap.php ln 150)

?? Directory permissions are correctly set and all file locations are where they supposed to be.. Can anyone help?

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2003, 11:39:24 PM »

Currently I hardcode the Images directory so you will have to change the opendir statement to point to your directory location. I think I currently have it set to Images, yours might be YaBBImages instead.
Wiziwig

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2003, 01:19:15 AM »

Quote from: Gobalopper on February 04, 2003, 11:39:24 PM
Currently I hardcode the Images directory so you will have to change the opendir statement to point to your directory location. I think I currently have it set to Images, yours might be YaBBImages instead.

So what you are saying is I have to change yabbimages to images for this app to work??

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2003, 01:58:44 AM »

No just the code in MemberMap.php that has the opendir code. So this line:
   $dir = opendir("./Images/Continent");

would become
   $dir = opendir("./YaBBImages/Continent");

And there is another similar line, just search for opendir to find it.
Wiziwig

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2003, 08:05:07 AM »

I've been tinkering with the code and would like to make a suggestion or two. instead of eliminating the yabbse location and overwriting the data in the table, why not add a table in db_members to contain the coordinate entrys, and have this set as seperate profile object in view? Some of the other authors like ME use the db location as a xtra field in memberlist. By you taking over that field you hose up every one else's modifications that use that. The other point of this is the users themselves might prefer to see a simple one line location as well as the visual map.

The rest of this is prolly rambling as I have not yet documented the exact cause and problems for each of these things I am dealing with when working with your app.

1. The code itself shows that the flag directory is looked at as the continent directory and the continent directory looked at as a flag directory in some parts of this code.  

2. Changing the directorys via hard coding my paths as you suggest does not work everywhere in the app, and I am still fighting with it to display the saved result map in profile.

3. Whatever cookie or cache this code is generating I am finding it annoying when I do make changes and want to see the result. Perhaps you can have it not cache or generate cookies?

What I am did in the mean time for my install is seperate the db into it's own field in the _members table. I am changing the file code to show only the USA states and will be adding additional genders to the selector. I also will likely change the input fields in the editor so that the users can add thier own location into the db. Any changes I make I will mail those off to you.

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2003, 09:12:22 AM »

1/2 - that will be fixed in future versions. As of right now I haven't done the settings part which is where that would be configured and set.

3 - I'm not sure what you mean? There are no cookies or caching going on as far as I know...

I'll look into changing the location field in the db for the next release. Another approach would be to include a mod for those who have the memberlist mod installed which is what Carsten did with his.
Wiziwig

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2003, 05:32:10 PM »

Creating a mod for installed memberlist mod will only cause you grief if someone else comes along and wants to use the db_location for something else, your better off creating your own field in $members.  I have a proposal for you, currently I am reworking this frustrating junble into a more suitable app for my specific needs, as I mentioned prior. I propose that in your future release you add in either more focus for the states of the usa or come out with a usa specific version. If you are willing to do this, I am currently creating the graphics for each state of the union. I'd be happy to give you those graphics for your state specific release.

Quote from: Gobalopper on February 05, 2003, 09:12:22 AM

I'll look into changing the location field in the db for the next release. Another approach would be to include a mod for those who have the memberlist mod installed which is what Carsten did with his.

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2003, 08:00:21 PM »

So you mean a different map for each state? Would it be the same size as the current maps then?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous - next »