Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 02, 2024, 08:48:13 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  moving YaBB location « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: moving YaBB location  (Read 1226 times)
guboogi
Noobie

I'm a llama!

moving YaBB location
« on: June 21, 2002, 05:26:56 PM »

i recently installed YaBB SE and used the converter to move over my YaBB 1 Gold topics/members.  now i want to put my YaBB SE forum on a subdomain (but still use YaBB SE) and was wondering what the best way to do this was.  since the specific information is in the database, is there any way to move my database over, or can the new installation of YaBB use my old database?  or is there another way to go from YaBB SE to YaBB SE (at another location).  thanks!
mediman
Support Team
YaBB God

Re:moving YaBB location
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 05:48:18 PM »

if you use yabb se on the same server (ip) you can without probs use your old db! if you have external db access you can also use this old db with yabb se on another server.

if you have only localhost access and you wish to use your old db, then you have to make a backup (sql dump) and to restore this dump on your new location!

if you only wish to change your yabb se in a subdomain then copy your yabbse folder in the new folder and change the urls in settings.php, more isnĀ“t to do!

mediman

mainComm Dev Team
guboogi
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 08:32:15 PM »

thanks, i got it.  :]
mediman
Support Team
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 09:11:48 PM »

glad to hear

mainComm Dev Team
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  moving YaBB location « previous - next »