Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 24, 2024, 10:54:35 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] Country Flags Mod « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.4.0] Country Flags Mod  (Read 17811 times)
blacknight
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[Done] Country Flags Mod
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2002, 12:50:38 PM »

Now some of my users are complaining - they don't want to have Union Jacks etc....
Is there an easy way to let them choose a flag for nationality or something instead? Sorry about this, but I've got some very politically sensitive users :)
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2002, 12:52:16 PM »

Put a blank image in the list, and let them select that one ?

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2002, 12:54:56 PM »

Sorry my fault, mod needs a slight alteration.

In the drop down list for flags there should be an entry that is just a line (---) below the currently selected country. If you click on that it will change your location to N/A and there will be no flag.
PabUK

I eat llamas!

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2002, 02:35:53 PM »

Quote from: Mach8 on April 28, 2002, 10:30:16 AMI've remembered something you might have to do on a busy forum which I certainly had to on mine... you might need to set everyone's location to "none" by using phpMyAdmin, otherwise people who haven't logged on in a while will have a location that isn't in the country list, so their image will be a 404.

Yeah I found that out last night and cleared the field (took me a while to work out though) so all is good.

944 Topics, 15010 Posts, 180 Members as of 30th April
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2002, 03:08:09 PM »

Okay, for the benefit of people who aren't experienced in coding, SQL, etc, I'll be releasing an update later tonight (GMT) - currently 16:07 GMT. This will have a PHP file included which you can use to clear the field, a "run-once" file during installation. It will also change the --- to a - No location - setting.
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2002, 07:32:02 PM »

Wouldn't it be better if it uses another (new) table, so people can hold their current position (i.e. a city.....on my board), and add the country to it (in another table) ?

That way it should be easy to add other extra's such as what type of car they drive, or what cellular phone they have  :D

Just a thought......

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2002, 08:24:19 PM »

So basically you'd like to have the behaviour of the old location field and the new country location field as one? If so, that's quite possible, I'll try and get a customised version out for you.

Btw you reminded me about this mod, I completely forgot about the fix I was working on ;)
I'll have the script out tomorrow (GMT) as I'm off out for the night now, it's 21:22 here.

One small annoyance I've noticed is if you put an index.php in the /flags directory as I did on my forum to protect the directory, it displays it in the location drop down box. The simple solution for this is for me to add in a small piece of code that only displays files with an extension of .gif - so for now if you have any other files than the country flags in your /flags directory, either move them or delete them, otherwise people will be able to select them :P
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2002, 08:26:28 PM »

Yes.

There are a lot of people who have added the town / city they live in, so I woul like an extra field, so I can leave this field alone.

I'll wait for the next release then  :D

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2002, 08:35:04 PM »

Quote from: blacknight on April 28, 2002, 12:50:38 PMNow some of my users are complaining - they don't want to have Union Jacks etc....
Is there an easy way to let them choose a flag for nationality or something instead? Sorry about this, but I've got some very politically sensitive users :)

You don't happen to be talking about having separate flags for England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland do you? If so, I have some that I can add in the new release coming tomorrow...
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2002, 11:56:46 AM »

Any progress ;)  ?

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2002, 06:16:06 PM »

Sorry it's a day late, been having trouble at home preventing me from working on it. Good news though, I'm just finishing off the DB script then I'll package it together and upload. I've done a special release just for you although other people could use it too. It keeps the old location but makes it act instead as a City/Town field. Hopefully that should be good enough :)
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2002, 06:21:31 PM »

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2002, 07:32:20 PM »

New version is out :)
Check the first post, Webby. You (personally) need to download the new zip file, and run the add_city_field.mod file. Then upload the cityfield.php file and run that.

For everyone else who HAS NOT downloaded the mod, just download it and follow the instructions. If you have already downloaded the mod there is no need for this upgrade, it is too minor.
Delinquently insane
Foolish One
YaBB God

The One Surpassed By God!!!!

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2002, 11:34:01 PM »

I Have Buch Of Flags Here That Might Be Useful  :)

[flag pack]

Enjoy  :)

ALL MODS Cancelled projected terminated
Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2002, 05:08:20 AM »

I tried to install it, but there were some things that weren't correct.  It says somewhere to edit Display.php where it should be another file, and I must have done something wrong, because I got errors.
I've put the old sourcefiles back and will try it later on.....

First I must install my new pc  ;D

Webby of salesplaza.nl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.0] Country Flags Mod « previous - next »