Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 07, 2024, 02:40:12 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  After a whole morning of wrestling with this... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: After a whole morning of wrestling with this...  (Read 1665 times)
ttp
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

After a whole morning of wrestling with this...
« on: December 22, 2001, 05:51:04 PM »

trying to figure out mysql and phpmyadmin enough to get the job done, I installed the YaBBSE safe version (because the regular one wouldn't work) and grabbed the converter from the regular version and everything seemed to work, EXCEPT none of the pix show up and none of the links work.  Every link has a default URL starting with "www.myserver.com" as opposed to the name of the actual server.  This was a problem when installing Y1G also.

So I uninstalled everything, reinstalled but did not convert, then edited the settings file to get rid of all of the "myserver"s.  Now how can I convert the Y1G and get my members back?  Or is there a better order to do this in?  Should I reinstall, convert, then go and hand-twiddle the settings file?
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

Re:After a whole morning of wrestling with this...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 05:58:57 PM »

Ofcourse.

First get all the data in, then fix the links.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  After a whole morning of wrestling with this... « previous - next »