Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 09, 2024, 04:41:18 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.5 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.5  (Read 11241 times)
Russell Howard
Noobie

Re:[Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.2
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 10:09:41 PM »

ShinRaiden,

Could you modify your previous post to disable smilies? Or put the code inside some code sections...  I think some of the square brackets are being interpretted as codes....   :(
Russell Howard
Noobie

Re:[Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.3
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 10:20:28 PM »

New version 0.3 released. See first post for details...  ;D

Probably be a bit more time until the next release (unless loads of bugs are found in this new version of course! ;) )
Russell Howard
Noobie

Re:[Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.3
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 07:50:45 AM »

Some how I've managed to mix up the popup text labels in between writing the code, and converting to a MOD file.  >:(  And I didn't think to check it when I tested it...   :'(

I've made a fix for it in V0.4 which you can get from the first post in the topic as usual.

Sorry for the inconvenience!  :(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 11:57:43 AM by Russell Howard » Logged
Russell Howard
Noobie

Re:[Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.4
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2003, 06:26:29 AM »

New version 0.5 released. See first post for details...  ;D

Definately going to work on the multiple member group feature next.... promise...  ;)
skoen
Longing For a Title
YaBB God

Official translator and local mod.

ICQ - 164554802hoyreskoen@hotmail.com WWW
Re:[Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.5
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

Nice mod. Thanks for this.
I run it on my board.

Proud to be Norwegian

Feel free to send me an IM if you got any questions or comments regarding YabbSE or my translation.

My portfolio(Norwegian)

Caught 43 llamas.
Russell Howard
Noobie

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 05:27:01 AM »

Cool!  ;D  I was beginning to wonder whether anyone else was using my mod!  :o

When I get a spare evening I'm going to add a few more options for the new stats such as limiting the number of users displayed  ;)

I've used the SMF site quite a bit now, and I still think that hierarchical categories make more sense than hierarchical boards. Obviously I'm biased though  ;)

Maybe I'll find some problems with my approach when I start looking at the multiple member groups, but I can't forsee any problems at the moment.  ???
Valconeye

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 09:38:46 AM »

hmm i have been looking for hierarchical boards, but have no idea howto do this, how hard would it be to convert this mod into that? heh, i have attempted and failed misserably.
Russell Howard
Noobie

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2003, 03:09:20 PM »

To be honest, if you want hierarchical boards, you are better off waiting for SMF to be released. :o

To change this mod from hierarchical categories to boards would take a lot of changes, both to the source code (you'd need to change the main forum display code as well as the board index code and posting code etc.) and to the database structure.

That was one of the reasons that I went for hierarchical categories over hierarchical boards!  ;)

Just out of interest, why can't you use hierarchical categories instead?  ???
Valconeye

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2003, 05:01:59 PM »

its ok i got the hierarchical boards :) found it under the german help boards  :P
Russell Howard
Noobie

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2003, 05:49:57 PM »

I'm assuming you mean the subboards mod?

I had a quick look, and I have to admit my ignorance as I can't speak German at all, but looking at the screenshots it looks like a hierarchical categories mod to me. :o

I'm probably wrong as I'm only going on the screen shots, but it looks like you have a board with sub boards, and the master board seems to work like a category, i.e. it has no posts in it, only boards. The only difference seems to be that you can't see the sub-boards unless you click on the master board and go to another page.  ???
Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2003, 03:36:31 PM »

@Russell Howard: very cool mod, thank you

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I try it to install this Weekend. Im waiting log time for something like that  :D

It would be cool to have it like the german Subboards Mod :o (but working better  ;D)

Im happy to see, that you have worked on the statistics.

Maybe you find time to made a fine Statistic-Mod, this would be a kick-ass mod too  :D

Surfy
pege

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2003, 04:03:58 PM »

Is there any way you can make several mods out of this, so you don't have to change everything just to get the Hierarchical Categories?
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2003, 08:21:40 PM »

you know, the idea of multiple groups for a simgle member has been a need of mine for a while, but I haven't sat down to do it yet

you're right about how many places you'd have to modify the permissions thing, it'd be a lot easier if there was a function to check the permissions, that way you'd only work on that one

I think the most correct way of doing the database part, would be to have a separate table to relate members with groups, like [Unknown] said... I wonder how hard it'd be to do that

after I finish working on my current mod, I'll look into that and see if I can help with it doing it, or at least giving ideas...

good work on the sub-categories! I agree with the brances-leaves/folders-files concept... I guess it's a matter of taste or need wheter you choose to have sub-boards or categories

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
crash5456
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 08:40:41 AM »

I intalled the mod this morning, but I had to remove 2 other mods before it would install, who and userbrowsing 1.4

I tried to reinstall these 2 and they will not go back in, and since you recommended installing these 2 mods I figure you didn't have a problem.

Crash 5456
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 06:59:36 PM »

Quote from: crash5456 on November 10, 2003, 08:40:41 AM
I intalled the mod this morning, but I had to remove 2 other mods before it would install, who and userbrowsing 1.4

I tried to reinstall these 2 and they will not go back in, and since you recommended installing these 2 mods I figure you didn't have a problem.

Crash 5456

did you try installing by hand?

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.4] Hierarchical Categories v0.5 « previous - next »