Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 05, 2024, 04:01:25 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions  (Read 13850 times)
Metho

I'm a llama!

[beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions
« on: July 11, 2003, 11:38:48 AM »

Alright, finally got around to doing this. Hopefully everything is ok. Installed on a heavy mod board manually and a fresh board auto, both worked fine. Please not the instructions. Read carefully!

PostBasedRestrictions.mod
BETA 1.0

This mod will allow the administrator to disable board features based off of a user's post count. It currently can do the following:

1. Disable all IM box features. User cannot view nor post IM messages.

2. Disable IM posting, but allow users to view IM box and messages.
The next features will hide information from both the profile, edit profile, and thread display pages.

3. Disable Signature

4. Disable Avatar

5. Disable Personal Text.

**INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS**
1. Run this .mod file under BoardMod
2. PLEASE READ: THERE IS ONE STEP NOT IN THE BOARD MOD FILE. Due to boardmod being icky, there is one step I can absolutely not get it to find. So, I recommend letting boardmod to the 18 steps automatically, and then manually adding this last bit. The Find/Replace instructions are at the bottom of this post, and also in a txt file included in the zip. Sorry for the inconvience. :(
3. Upload and execute "restrictdbmod.php"
4. Upload all changed files (6 files) into their directories

This mod modifies six files:
Sources/ModSettings.php
Sources/InstantMessage.php
english.lng
helpadmin.help
Sources/Profile.php
Sources/Display.php

Future feature additions:
1. Post based poll voting disable feature (I know there is one out there, might just include my own so it's all one big "package".
2. I'd like to get some suggestions if there are any other features that someone would like to disable/enable based off of post count.

If you have suggestions, email me at [email protected]

Once again, please read the instructions. If you don't add that one step, instant messages will not be affected. (People's sig/avatar/ptxt will still display)

Get the files here

A few screenies:
In Modify Profile: Here

ModSettings: Here

Methonis
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 11:53:41 AM by Metho » Logged

GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Post based Im Access Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:38:45 PM »

I tried to install this mod, I had to do it manually as my board is heavily modded.
All went fine, mod was installed. Did the dbmod.php. that went fine.

But once I had set the posts to 5, when I went to try it. It told me that Idid not have enough posts to be able to reply. even though I have posted to my board over 500 times??

any clues?

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 01:05:10 PM »

Hmm, haven't been able to recreate that problem yet. I'm using it on my main board which is a heavy modded 1.5.4... If you're willing to send me your InstantMessage.php file I can look at it and hopefully figure out what's up. Email to [email protected]

Thanks,

Metho

**EDIT** I noticed in your sig it lists a 1.5.1rc board. Is that the board you're installing on? If so, I have no idea if this'll work on it...I'll have to take a look at those files and see if something is different.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 01:28:34 PM by Metho » Logged

GWP

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 03:30:08 PM »

Thanks
I will email it to you.
I have just been to my admin section and it says it have version:
YaBB SE 1.5.1RC1/Yabb SE 1.5.4

Don't quite understand what version i am using!
P.S. I would upgrade if it wasn't so confusing and i fear losing some features.

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 03:51:15 PM »

comment on the screenshot:
weird, a low quality gif like that is 40K?! what program did you use to save it? did you save the screenshot to jpg then convert it to gif?

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 07:55:19 PM »

mspaint id imagine as the likes doing uppercase filenames and low quality
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 08:59:27 PM »

Heh, yeah, damn mspaint. Didn't notice the size. (It's running off my server not attached, though) I'll fix it. :D

Metho

GWP

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 09:35:23 PM »

If this mod is taken out of beta, will it be included in the supermod, as i think it deserves to be. After all, it is an option that can be on or off.

GWP

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2003, 12:01:22 AM »

I would just like to thank Metho for his time and patience in helping me install this mod on my forum.
It may have taken an hour or more but it was worth it for me :)

Thank you metho!

Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2003, 12:03:20 AM »

Heh, the reason it wouldn't work was because I forgot to global one thing. :\ Anyhow, mod file is updated to reflect the change, so everything should be a-ok.

GWP

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2003, 12:05:27 AM »

I'm Happy :)

Metho: I will delete you from my board, so you dont get any messages about my forum :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 12:06:59 AM by GWP » Logged

sensovision

Re:[done 1.5.4] Post based Im Access Restrictions
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 03:02:08 AM »

ok Metho, I've follow your link and I'm here... and continuing the discussion we've start here  it would be really cool if you could make some big restriction mod. So if you look for a list of features here is waht I'm looking for is showing singature after cetain number of posts, and  disabling guest to create new threads(I like this feature more) and/or disallow the posting on certain boards.
Ok now I'm here and will keep an eye on this thread and new releases of mod.
and thx in advance! ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 03:03:17 AM by sensovision » Logged

Denis

Are you good with the graphic? check out our design logo contest!
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 04:58:06 PM »

Alrighty, done with the Signature post based restriction part. Lots of out of house work yesterday, so not getting the whole package done as quickly as I would've hoped. Here are some pictures of the Sig restrict in action, I think it's pretty neato. :D

Normal Profile View:
http://www.peacefulforest.net/normalproview.jpg

Sig Restrict Profile View:
http://www.peacefulforest.net/enabledproview.jpg

Normal Edit Profile View:
http://www.peacefulforest.net/normalproeditview.jpg

Sig Restrict Edit Profile View:
http://www.peacefulforest.net/enabledproeditview.jpg

And of course, if user X has enough posts, the sig will display. And in the thread display if it's enabled sigs are gone for users with < number of posts required, or appear if they have enough.

Hopefully will get the other 3-4 features I want in this updated mod done in a day or two.

Methonis
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 05:07:26 PM by Metho » Logged

sensovision

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 11:29:17 PM »

Hi Metho, you're really fast in writing mods! I'm eager to try it as fast as possible and will inform you how it will work for me.
Thanks!

Denis

sensovision

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 12:04:12 AM »

Methonis, did you already upload new mod? since I've download a file from here http://www.peacefulforest.net/forum/boardmods/imrestrict1-5-4.zip
and after installation find only standart Post Based IM restrictions inerface(db files insert filelds for singautre restrictions but in the .mod file there is no reference for singatures I've found) or I should jsut put a number of posts and signatures will stop appearing? Also I have big problems accessing your site, and has to ask my friend to download it for me, so can you post another version of mod as attach?

BTW during installation I've found this errors not sure if it problem with my files(I'm using 1.5.4) but there was no such string in helpadmin.help so I should alter it myself:
Quote$helptxt[extitle] = "The following set of options will allow the administrator to determine who my set their custom title.";
so I've replace it with
Quote$helptxt['flashembed'] = 'This option will allow your users to use flash directly inside their posts, just like images.  This could pose a security risk!  USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!';

also I have problem with BoardMod in modifing this part of code... I think it's because you've use ImPost 3 times... so boardmod can't apply changes unless I've replace 3rd refercne text from 2nd...
Quote<search for>
function IMPost()
{
   global $username, $txt, $yytitle, $cgi, $img, $imagesdir, $color, $ubbcjspath, $mbname, $menusep, $imsg;
   global $showyabbcbutt, $enable_ubbc, $form_subject, $scripturl, $to, $form_message, $reply, $quote;
   global $sourcedir, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $ID_MEMBER, $ry, $sc;
</search for>

<replace>
function IMPost()
{
   global $username, $txt, $yytitle, $cgi, $img, $imagesdir, $color, $ubbcjspath, $mbname, $menusep, $imsg;
   global $showyabbcbutt, $enable_ubbc, $form_subject, $scripturl, $to, $form_message, $reply, $quote;
   global $sourcedir, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $ID_MEMBER, $ry, $sc, $settings;
</replace>

<search for>
function IMPost()
{
   global $sourcedir, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $ID_MEMBER, $ry, $sc, $settings;
   if ($username == 'Guest')
      fatal_error($txt[147]);
</search for>
hope it would be some of help

Denis

Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions « previous - next »