Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 04, 2024, 09:41:39 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [BETA] Avatar resize fix « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [BETA] Avatar resize fix  (Read 24457 times)
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[BETA] Avatar resize fix
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2002, 04:51:25 AM »

so actually a good thing came out of it, i did it for u  :D
itswheelie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2002, 05:35:28 AM »

I take it that this mod affects only offsite avatars or custom avatars that are added in the Profile and the size set in the admin panel.  Is that correct?

If so, can you tell me the difference between this mod and the Set User Avatar Size mod by Dude please
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2002, 06:05:57 AM »

yeah thats right...

i dont know the user avatar mod by dude... please podt the link to it and i'll check it out...
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2002, 06:30:08 AM »

Quote from: itswheelie on July 11, 2002, 05:35:28 AMI take it that this mod affects only offsite avatars or custom avatars that are added in the Profile and the size set in the admin panel.  Is that correct?

If so, can you tell me the difference between this mod and the Set User Avatar Size mod by Dude please

i just had a look on that script...
the difference is that in my mod, u can change the limitation size using only the browser(in the admin section) and using Dudes mod u have to uninstall the mod, change the limitation size, install the mod and then upload the file to your web site...
another difference is that in my mod, u can set a height limit while in dudes mod, u cant

hope i answered your question, Ariel.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2002, 06:34:55 AM by REL » Logged
Dude
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2002, 08:08:56 AM »

Quote from: REL on July 11, 2002, 04:32:22 AMi cant understand how nobody thought of it until now...

Neither can I. ;)
http://www.yabb.info/community/index.php?board=158;action=display;threadid=10393
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2002, 09:24:31 AM »

:-[
didnt see it...
although mine works a little different...
itswheelie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2002, 09:52:44 AM »

Quote from: REL on July 11, 2002, 06:30:08 AMhope i answered your question, Ariel.

yes thanks.  Just one other thing please, does it maintain the aspect ratio of the original avatar.  For example if it is set at 100 x 100 and a user wants to use a 150x100 avatar will it be re-sized down to 100x66 to keep the aspect ratio.
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2002, 10:11:34 AM »

no it does not...
maybe i'll make it... what do u think? should i?
Dude
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2002, 10:13:44 AM »

Quote from: REL on July 11, 2002, 06:30:08 AMi just had a look on that script...
the difference is that in my mod, u can change the limitation size using only the browser(in the admin section) and using Dudes mod u have to uninstall the mod, change the limitation size, install the mod and then upload the file to your web site...
another difference is that in my mod, u can set a height limit while in dudes mod, u cant

hope i answered your question, Ariel.

First about the height limit - that's set by the width. In other words my mod resizes the pic proportionality.

Also, you don't have to uninstall the mod etc. All you have to do is to change the $maxwidth variable in the picsize function in Load.php. If folks want to be able to set it in admin wouldn't be hard. I'll do that if there's enough interest.
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2002, 10:46:08 AM »

thats what i ment.. u cant set it but it changes according to the width(keeps the aspect ratio)

about changing the maximum width - still, u cant do it through the admin control panel....

sorry if it sounded like i under estimated your mod :)
Dude
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2002, 11:10:43 AM »

Quote from: REL on July 11, 2002, 10:46:08 AMthats what i ment.. u cant set it but it changes according to the width(keeps the aspect ratio)

about changing the maximum width - still, u cant do it through the admin control panel....

sorry if it sounded like i under estimated your mod :)

I may add the ability to change it thru the admin panel. It would be very easy. I'd just use the max width in settings. In fact now that I think about it it's probably something I should do.

And don't worry about underesimating something I've done. I've been married a long time and am used to it. ;D

Seriously tho, the important thing is the folks who use our mods get as much info as they can so they can choose the mod that's best for them. This isn't a competition (at least it isn't to me) it's a community. :)
itswheelie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2002, 11:16:13 AM »

Quote from: REL on July 11, 2002, 10:11:34 AMno it does not...
maybe i'll make it... what do u think? should i?

Just my opinion but I say "yes".  I want the avatars to be resized proportionally.
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2002, 11:51:32 AM »

QuoteAnd don't worry about underesimating something I've done. I've been married a long time and am used to it.

lol  ;D

QuoteSeriously tho, the important thing is the folks who use our mods get as much info as they can so they can choose the mod that's best for them. This isn't a competition (at least it isn't to me) it's a community.

same here...

QuoteJust my opinion but I say "yes".  I want the avatars to be resized proportionally.

i'll do that...
Mach8
Sweetie
Beta Tester
YaBB God

ICQ - 339855961
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2002, 01:10:34 PM »

Only one problem with scripts that check the size (both file size and physical size) of remote images - if the image does not exist, or is a very large size, or is located on a slow server then it will slow down the forum anywhere where the size checking is present.

Just thought I'd tell you...
REL
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2002, 01:35:04 PM »

in order to get perfection u have to give up performance...  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [BETA] Avatar resize fix « previous - next »