Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 07, 2024, 03:35:12 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE CODE 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [DONE CODE 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions  (Read 1665 times)
Coyote
YaBB God

I love YaBB SE!

[DONE CODE 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions
« on: May 25, 2003, 12:23:41 AM »

Hi,

I have been having a lot of users replying by email  to email notifications of IM's - these tend to be newbies and those that dont understand the IM system very well.

I decided that it would be nice to add instructions to the out going email, explaining how to reply to the IM. I also decided that as my members often talk about health issues and different types of drugs(legal medical stuff) - it might be nice to have a disclaimer as well - it could save my skin so I added it.

It really is a simple change in the english.lng - and probably not worth writing a mod for, although it would be nice to see it in YSE2! or 1.6(winks at unknown)

<edit english.lng>

<search>

$txt[562] = "(DATE) SENDER has sent you the following Instant Message:\n\n->*<-\n\nMESSAGE\n\n->*<-";

</search>

<replace>

$txt[562] = "SENDER has sent you an instant message, for your convenience we have displayed it below.\n\nDo not respond to this via email as it is just a NOTIFICATION - If you wish to send a response, please login to the private message system on the $boardurl website. \n\n The content of the Instant Message sent (DATE):\n\n->*<-\n\nMESSAGE\n\n->*<-\n\n\nThis message was sent to you direct from SENDER via our instant message system. Please note that $boardurl or its agents cannot be held liable for the content of this message. If you find this message objectionable please contact us immediately and we will take appropriate action as outlined in our websites terms and conditions, which are available upon request [email protected]";

</replace>

</edit>

This will change all outgoing im's to look like this :

Enygma has sent you an instant message, for your convenience we have displayed it below.

Do not respond to this via email as it is just a NOTIFICATION - If you wish to send a response, please login to the private message system on the WWW.YOURDOMAIN.COM website.

The content of the Instant Message sent (Today at 08:57:52pm):

->*<-

Hi Coyote

Just thought i'd drop in and say Hi!

The sites looking good!!!!

Catch ya later...........

Enygma

->*<-

This message was sent to you direct from Enygma via our instant message system. Please note that WWW.YOURDOMAIN.COM or its agents cannot be held liable for the content of this message. If you find this message objectionable please contact us immediately and we will take appropriate action as outlined in our websites terms and conditions, which are available upon request. [email protected]

updated to reflect Bens comments ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 08:07:00 AM by Coyote » Logged

To the world - you are just one person, but to one person you are the world!
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

Re:[code 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 12:43:59 AM »

Usefull, you might want to replace WWW.YOURDOMAINHERE.COM with $boardurl for convinience
Coyote
YaBB God

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 12:45:38 AM »

Didnt think of that  ;D

Thanks.

Gus

www.armymedic.info

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 12:50:08 AM »

Thank you Coyote!

This is also of use to me as my site is also a medical site  ;D

Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
Re:[done Code 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 08:34:57 AM »

I deleted the whole "\n\n->*<-\n\nMESSAGE\n\n->*<-", and replaced it with something like "there is a message in your IM box at http://www.bladiebla.com/forum/index.php?action=im" so people HAVE to go to their IM box to read it.

It would be better if the senders emailaddress was in it, but there are members who don't want to show others their emailaddress, so ........

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 11:14:52 AM »

Does anyone know how to "Boldify" just the SENDER ??
I have tried <b></b> & {b} {/b} (yabb code) but it doesn't work

Eg:
Enygma has sent you an instant message, for your convenience we have displayed it below

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Coyote
YaBB God

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 11:25:58 AM »

Its a plain text email - not HTML - so I dont think you can....

But you could rewrite YaBB SE code to send out HTML based email, which will also have the advantage of being able to send images as well ;)

This is a simple code change - not a mod - but I would think that HTML email will be available in YaBB SE2 - not sure about 1.6 though.

GWP

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 11:33:38 AM »

Thanks Coyote
I will look into the doing this using the English lng file

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Shadow's Pawn
Support Team
YaBB God

ich soll nicht toten

ICQ - 8039201shadowpawn@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 02:39:15 PM »

Good idea..   I've had this problem occasionally as well but never thought about fixing it.

apologize \A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. - To lay the foundation for a future offense.
GWP

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 06:08:10 PM »

Well spent a few hours and got nowhere with it. :(

QuoteBut you could rewrite YaBB SE code to send out HTML based email, which will also have the advantage of being able to send images as well
What code would that be Webby?

Coyote
YaBB God

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2003, 10:20:21 AM »

It would be too much to change before YaBBSE 1.60 comes out.

:)

Fizzy

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 07:52:21 AM »

A great bit of code.

Thanks Coyote ;)
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [DONE CODE 1.5.X] Im email disclaimer & instructions « previous - next »