Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 08, 2024, 03:21:59 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Gold -> SE always settingserror « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Gold -> SE always settingserror  (Read 2825 times)
Herby
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Gold -> SE always settingserror
« on: July 13, 2003, 03:21:41 PM »

Hello,

I tried converter.php for the conversion of YABB Gold 1.3.1 to YABB SE 1.5.4. After errors I installed YABB SE 1.5.1 and tried it again - but same errors:

a) Installation of YABB SE 1.5.4 (and 1.5.1) worked well and I can start it.
b) The converter makes all things well too. But after it has finished and I want to start my YABB SE, then I'm getting this error:

---- Error Messages ------------

Parse error: parse error in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/Settings.php on line 79

Warning: Failed opening '/Subs.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 46

Warning: Failed opening '/Errors.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 47

Warning: Failed opening '/Load.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 48

Warning: Failed opening '/Security.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 49

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 50

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/index.php on line 50
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

---------------------------------------

PHP 4.2.3
MySQL 3.23.54

Any Idea???
Thank you so much!

Herby
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

Re:Gold -> SE always settingserror
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 04:45:09 PM »

Why don't you post it in the excisting thread ?

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 06:59:36 PM »

Check line 79 of Settings.php.  Feel free to paste it in here if you want some help fixing it.

Herby
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 03:38:46 PM »

Thank you for your quick answers (and excuse, if I habe opend an additional unneccary thread, but my English is not so good).

I started the converter twice again. In every case no I get an error near the finishing of "step 5". It is this error:
----
inserting row 8801 to 8900
Data inserted successfully!
inserting row 8901 to 8967
Data inserted successfully!

Importing additional Topic info

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /usr/www/users/herbert/harry_potter/yabbse/converter.php on line 835
------

after this I can start yabbse; it is inserted then the boards and the members but not the messages

Thank you again for help!

Herbert
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 03:42:36 PM by Herby » Logged
Herby
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 08:51:02 PM »

Back again :-)
So I just found the answer for my problem:
I inserted the line
ini_set("memory_limit", "32M")
in the top of the php-section - so it worked.

It seems, that all things are well converted - BUT the board says, the total members would be "0" (indeed there are 1.800 members). But I can find the whole member-list and if I click on a member-name, I can find its profile.

I think, an other user posted the same problem - maybe we will find a solution ...

Greetings from Germany!

Herbert
Herby
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 09:12:16 PM »

so - now I found the answer for the last question too: the resetting-function in the admin-panel.

Now I'll try to copy my template - I've read here, that it is possible to take the Yabb Gold Templates to Yabb SE(my first impression was, the the font-size is an other)

Thank you for all your patient!

Herbert
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 11:45:08 PM »

Wow, I don't think I have seen someone solve their own problems so many times in a row. ::)

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 12:41:08 AM »

;D

Glad you got things working.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Gold -> SE always settingserror « previous - next »