Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 07, 2024, 08:10:43 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  YaBB -> YaBBse converter plus « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB -> YaBBse converter plus  (Read 15284 times)
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

Re:YaBB -> YaBBse converter plus
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2003, 04:35:55 PM »

I really need the polls aswell. Just wondering (with so many versions of poll out there) whether this will be possible at all.
Does anyone know if YabbSE has an "in-built" poll?

And as I am such a smuck about Se and PHP etc, Is it better to install all the mods needed first then apply the converter?

I'm starting to think the conversion (Not converter) is going to be a real headache!

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
D-Man

I ain't no friggin llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2003, 04:40:18 PM »

actually...if you know what you're doing its as simple as 1,2,3 Seriously..the conversion of member files, posts and boards isn't cumbersome at all.
As for those diff mods; to my knowledge there's only one attachments mod for Gold available so the pro converter woild merely have to focus on that one, as for polls...I think you might be right that that's gonna be harder as there's 2 or 3 diff mods for that I think...once again not sure though.

Compuart
Quality, Quality, Quality!
YaBB God

ICQ - 8801024Compuart@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2003, 06:24:27 PM »

There seems to be one attachment mod (this), two poll mods (this and this), an announcement board mod (this), a calendar mod (this), an msn messenger mod (this) and a global moderator mod (this). They all can (in some way) be converted, as all of these mods have become features in YSE. When I have some time I'll try to write converters for those.

D-Man

I ain't no friggin llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2003, 06:44:39 PM »

Quote from: Compuart on February 18, 2003, 06:24:27 PM
When I have some time I'll try to write converters for those.
that'd be awesome..I think u'd gain quite some more users of SE once people know they can convert their attachments and/or polls as well. I know I would right away.

anntye
Noobie

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2003, 10:22:44 PM »

I am very interested too  :)

Antje
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 10:39:43 AM »

Compuart
You seem to have listed all the mods that I would need :)
You know what its like, once you install a mod and the members like it, they want/expect it when you upgrade!
I must have about 20 mods on my SP1.1 and some of them I cannot remember what they are!
I would certainly use any converter once I get my board up and running.

Does anyone know of a "Dummys guide" to installing a typical mod with SE, as there seems to be some difference with running the *.mod.php once its uploaded and I haven't got my head round it yet.

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Compuart
Quality, Quality, Quality!
YaBB God

ICQ - 8801024Compuart@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 10:47:35 AM »

The above mentioned mods don't have to be installed, but just enabled in the admin panel ('mod settings'). As for other mods, it basically goes the same way as YaBB 1 Gold: download the mod, use boardmod to apply the mod, upload the modified files.

trekker
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2003, 09:01:34 AM »

Hi! This converter plus seems to be the solution that I am looking for!! Is it available yet?

I do not want to lose the attachments etc. from my YABB SP1.1 forum. Or are there any other alternatives?  ;D
gandolphxx
Noobie

Novice Admin

gandolphxx@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

I am in the final stages of testing now - got waylaied with all this nonsense of 141 & 150 & 151 ... finally decided to finish it using the 141 database and then applying upgrade. I will have a site to demo shortly.
trekker
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2003, 05:16:03 PM »

Cool!!  8) I'll be keeping my eye on this thread then!  ;D

Thanks in advance for the great work!!
trekker
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2003, 09:07:03 AM »

gandolphxx, I'm itching to convert my board... maybe I can d/l it and be your first guinea pig to try it out... what do you say?  ;D
bluesyrio
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2003, 12:41:40 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am converting my YaBB Gold to SE, but in my test conversion I noticed that previous polls were lost.

This is really bad and I don't want my board to lose those at all.

The problem is: our server asked us to change to SE because of CPU usage and I promised I would have it changed by tomorrow...

If I convert the board will previous poll be lost forever or can I convert them later when a specified converter is created?

What am I going to do? :'(

I've noticed it's been already 3 months since the last reply to this topic and nothing...
gandolphxx
Noobie

Novice Admin

gandolphxx@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2003, 03:03:47 AM »

You can convert them after the fact - just save your Messages directory after the convert - don't lose it!

OUCH, hold on a minute - you need to add an extra field to your messages table to hold the YaBB  threadid - the 9 digit number - store it as you convert. - that way you can find the new ID_MSG that ties to the poll.

At the very least you need to keep something that will match the original threadid with the ID_MSG - the current converter isn't set up for that but could be modified, but not by tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2003, 03:08:18 AM by gandolphxx » Logged
LonnieS
Noobie

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2003, 02:37:28 AM »

Is there any more status on converting attachments?  I really want to deploy YaBBSE to production, but it's really going to tick off my members if I lose all the attachments. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lonnie
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  YaBB -> YaBBse converter plus « previous - next »