Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 03, 2024, 06:49:11 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  [beta] YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.2 -> YaBB SE 1.5.1 converter « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta] YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.2 -> YaBB SE 1.5.1 converter  (Read 78818 times)
dstaton
Noobie

I'm a not a llama, but I play one on TV.

Re:[beta] YaBB 1 Gold Sp 1.2 -> YaBB SE 1.5.1 converter
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2003, 11:37:10 PM »

I'm in the middle of the conversion now.  The converstion program successfully set the agreement, the news, reserved words, member names, member data, instant message data, and instant messages.  It updated the member table.  

Then it chokes on Importing Catagories., and says it can't find any of the *.cat files.

Seems like it's not a path issue, since it could find the members, and the path is the same for both, with the exception of being the Boards folder.  

I looked through this thread, and don't see any similar problem.  Anyone know what's the matter?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 01:21:41 AM by dstaton » Logged
Saturnspeed
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2003, 01:24:59 AM »

Check the CHMOD on the directory
dstaton
Noobie

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2003, 01:28:05 AM »

thanks.  I'll try it.
dstaton
Noobie

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2003, 01:30:25 AM »

You were right, Saturn speed.  It worked like a charm!

Now, it get's hung up trying to open the index.php file.  The link on the last page of the installation pointed to the wrong location:

" The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "

If I add the yabbse subdirectory (where the index.php file is) into the browser, I then get the following messages:

Parse error: parse error in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/Settings.php on line 313

Warning: main(/Subs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Subs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 46

Warning: main(/Errors.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Errors.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 47

Warning: main(/Load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 48

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Load.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 48

Warning: main(/Security.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 49

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Security.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dale/public_html/yabbse/index.php on line 49
No Database Selected

It seems like it's just a simple thing, since there were no errors reported in the install.

Where do I go from here?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 04:14:32 AM by dstaton » Logged
dstaton
Noobie

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2003, 12:14:33 PM »

Well, I fixed it.

If you're looking to this thread for help, remember - I really don't know what I'm doing, so maybe this is a good way to proceed, and maybe it's not.  All I know is that it worked for me.

Since the conversion seemed to work, and my problems seemed to be SE related, I left the sql tables intact, and after backing up the yabbse folder, I deleted it and redid the install.

This time, the link to my board worked, and everything seems to be fine.  I haven't gone through it meticulously yet, but it seems to have worked.

Merry Christmas
Saturnspeed
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2004, 02:57:25 PM »

Quote from: Ben_S on December 22, 2003, 06:35:26 PM
You could always set up apache/php/mysql on your own computer and run the conversion there and then upload the converted board.

Yes, I tried that route, but I get more error messages that way, than if I run it on the server. :(
Saturnspeed
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2004, 12:24:05 AM »

Ok, so I setup a server at home running RedHat 9/Apache 2.0/mySQL 3.23.

I am still getting EXACTLY the same error as I get on the corporate server that I use:

QuoteFatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12 bytes) in /home/webadmin/saturnspeed.com/html/yabbse/converter.php on line 742

This is driving me nuts. After all the trouble of setting up the home server I am not any closer.

Just so you know it isn't  really a memory issue, I am running 384Mb of PC100 SDRAM on a 900MHz processor.

Could it be some kind of timeout issue with Apache?
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2004, 01:39:19 AM »

Ask your host to TEMPORARILY change php.ini to give you more memory.  (the memory_limit setting.)

-[Unknown]
Saturnspeed
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »

Actually I feel pretty stupid. I JUST looked it up and found the setting in php.ini :-[

You can tell I am pretty new to php. I setup my own server at home now so I can play with the settings without messing up the production server. ;)
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2004, 09:19:01 AM »

This converter should solve a lot of problems, I think.  The only thing I didn't get to that I wanted to get done was optimizing it for larger boards.  However, it changes the following:

- fixed order of ID_MSG and ID_TOPIC.
    - sanity checks and fallback on paths.
    - no register_globals (or emulation) needed.
    - uses installed forum's Settings.php.
    - some xhtml and coding standard fixes.
    - functionalized to make it easier to follow.
    - no birthday should convert properly.
    - post modification should work properly.
    - works with error_reporting at E_ALL.

http://www.yabbse.org/community/attachments/yabb2yabbse_1-2.zip
http://www.yabbse.org/community/attachments/yabb2yabbse_1-1.zip
http://www.yabbse.org/community/attachments/yabb2yabbse.zip

Please tell me how it works.

Thank you,
-[Unknown]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 02:58:53 PM by [Unknown] » Logged
mosey
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2004, 05:13:04 PM »

I just tried it on a board that had already been converted successfully once, because the recentTopics function in SSI.php was not returning anything and I thought it was most likely a side-effect of the conversion.

I had to change line 449 to if ($extension != 'dat' || filesize($_REQUEST['membersdir'] . '/' . $file) == 0) because somehow there were a bunch of 0-length member files, and then things went ok, but the first query in recentTopics is still returning 0 rows, even after I make additional posts manually in SE.

Anyone know what's going on?
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2004, 09:57:17 PM »

Are you sure $num_recentTopics is something greater than 0?

Is $timeLimit set to anything?

Do you have boards open to guests?

Does this query return anything?

SELECT t.ID_LAST_MSG
FROM yabbse_topics AS t, yabbse_boards AS b, yabbse_categories AS c
WHERE b.ID_BOARD = t.ID_BOARD
   AND c.ID_CAT = b.ID_CAT
   AND c.memberGroups = ''
ORDER BY t.ID_LAST_MSG DESC
LIMIT 8;

-[Unknown]
mosey
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2004, 10:33:50 PM »

It's been fixed. Sorry to take your time.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2004, 04:14:07 AM »

Fixed some more bugs...

-[Unknown]
trackone
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2004, 07:50:28 PM »

I've been having quite a few problems along the way converting YaBB SP to YaBB SE. I've sussed most of it out with the help of everyone on this board but I've fallen at the last hurdle. I've tried installing different versions of SE but I keep getting this error.

Importing Topics

Warning: file(): Unable to access /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/yabbse/YaBB/Messages/   .data in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/yabbse/converter.php on line 711

Warning: file(/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/yabbse/YaBB/Messages/   .data): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/yabbse/converter.php on line 711

Inserting Topics
inserting row 1 to 85
Error: MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '   ),('16','126', '0', '47', 0, 1066119797),('16','6'

on executing the this query:

REPLACE INTO yabbse_topics (ID_BOARD, numViews, locked, notifies, isSticky, TEMP_ID_TOPIC) VALUES ('16','1', '0', '', 0, 1075369523),(
There's a lot more numbers in the list, but a little long to list them all.
As im only a beginner to YaBB etc i haven't a clue what this means. If i click continue my board is set up, everything is there and working just no posts!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  [beta] YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.2 -> YaBB SE 1.5.1 converter « previous - next »