Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21, 2024, 06:00:55 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out??  (Read 2659 times)
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out??
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2002, 02:46:56 PM »

Not sure, it's called a news fader for a reason ;) give it a huge time between fades and see how that goes.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2002, 03:31:23 PM »

Yes, I tried that and the settings in the forum preferences and settings is for the amount of time the message takes to redisplay. Where else can I do this at?  ???

Jack of all trades.....Master of none.
D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2002, 03:55:04 PM »

Where do I change the color for the news title that I created in the English.ing. I attempted to change this in the preferences and settings but I have to have the news fader enabled, checked for the colors to change.

Also if I disable the news fader, and add the yabb news tag in my template where can I adjust the setting so my "NEWS" will be displayed in the center and then my text will be displayed under the "NEWS".

What about removing the : after the News?

This is basically what I am wanting it to look like:
Example ,
Food for Thought
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

This might help in assisting me in my questions, just where this is all located to change. Greatly appreciate it

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2002, 08:37:13 PM »

I'll take a peek tonight for you - sorry I haven't been able to help much yet :(

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2002, 08:45:27 PM »

I would appreciate it, I know you have to be very busy with all the questions  you get from this awesome board. Look forward to your response and thanks again

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2002, 01:56:17 AM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on July 11, 2002, 02:46:56 PMNot sure, it's called a news fader for a reason ;) give it a huge time between fades and see how that goes.
This is what I would suggest doing too.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2002, 02:18:00 AM »

Quote from: David on July 12, 2002, 01:56:17 AM
Quote from: Jeff Lewis on July 11, 2002, 02:46:56 PMNot sure, it's called a news fader for a reason ;) give it a huge time between fades and see how that goes.

Hey David where do I do this at. I already tried in the preferences and settings. Everything I tried delayed the text from reappearing? Jeff is looking into another request I have.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2002, 03:07:09 PM »

Quote from: D8TA on July 11, 2002, 03:55:04 PMWhere do I change the color for the news title that I created in the English.ing. I attempted to change this in the preferences and settings but I have to have the news fader enabled, checked for the colors to change.

Also if I disable the news fader, and add the yabb news tag in my template where can I adjust the setting so my "NEWS" will be displayed in the center and then my text will be displayed under the "NEWS".

Example ,
Food for Thought
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

This might help in assisting me in my questions, just where this is all located to change. Greatly appreciate it

[Quote from: David on July 11, 2002, 09:56:17 PM    
Quote from: Jeff Lewis on July 11, 2002, 10:46:56 AM]    
Not sure, it's called a news fader for a reason  give it a huge time between fades and see how that goes.

Hey David where do I do this at. I already tried in the preferences and settings. Everything I tried delayed the text from reappearing? Jeff is looking into another request I have.

Can someone please help me. I am running out of options and don't know where else to look.  Everywhere I think will change it doesn't, I need to know where I can accomplish my example above. How can and where can this be done.

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2002, 05:18:23 PM »

In the start of fader.js edit this line to be a larger value.
var wait = 100

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2002, 09:26:04 PM »

Still did not work. Hey Jeff, were you able to locate how to center or change text color on the News title when you eliminate the board index fader??
I am eliminating the news fader and now trying to make it look like my previous post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2002, 09:07:00 PM »

Quote from: D8TA on July 11, 2002, 03:55:04 PMWhere do I change the color for the news title that I created in the English.ing. I attempted to change this in the preferences and settings but I have to have the news fader enabled, checked for the colors to change.

Example ,
Food for Thought

Is there anyone out there that can assist me please  ??? ???

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2002, 04:13:40 PM »

Hello,,,,is there anybody out there???
I need some help  ???

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2002, 08:18:54 PM »

Sorry, went away on vacation. I may look sometime tomorrow... I am not really motivated lately (on vacation)

D8TA

I'm a Christian

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2002, 03:34:57 PM »

Any luck yet Jeff?
Thanks for your help

aka
Noobie

~~--@@++____++@@--~~ .... :-/

Chris18486@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2002, 04:04:58 PM »

Well, for me, the news fader wouldn't even fade to the next news item, so I took it upon myself to back-up BoardIndex.php, and then edit the news fader bit, delete the WHOLE dHTML script, and then just type up my news in its place.. You have to understand where the fader starts and ends though, and I have to distance myself from any responsibility of you losing your forum ;)

Be careful :)

(you should wait for a reply from an admin or mod, and they can tell you exactly where the fader starts and stops :))

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  YaBB News, How to make it not fade in and out?? « previous - next »