Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 02, 2024, 12:28:24 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Little bit confused « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Little bit confused  (Read 3060 times)
zoki
Noobie

Have you seen me offline?

ICQ - 46742125
Little bit confused
« on: November 10, 2003, 12:00:25 AM »

In my template, for YabbSe board, I use x-small for most of the font sizes. That looks ok in IE and Opera. However, I checked it out in Mozilla, and text in body of any post is smaller than it should be.

I'm kinda confused. Which font-size should be used?

All your psychedelics are belong to us!
zoki
Noobie

ICQ - 46742125
Re:Little bit confused
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 12:11:01 AM »

I see nobody's answering. I searched boards a little bit, and found some useful tips of Michele at this topic.

Basically, I removed all font sizes from the document template except for the body part in css declaration. I put font-size: small there.

So it shows up ok in Opera and Mozilla, but in IE, I still have some big letters showing up, like number of topics and posts in BoardIndex. Also, when viewing a topic, body of a message is all big letters. It is annoying, especially because of the fact that most visitors use IE.

So I had to put back old template with fixed font sizes declared on various places in template.php. I would really like to make this "remove all font sizes except for the body part in template.php" thing work.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 12:11:58 AM by zoki » Logged

Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 01:19:32 AM »

Unfortunately, you'll never get it perfect. YaBB SE has a lot of hard-coded fonts in it, and due to the way IE handles inheritance, it doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to.

We're all waiting for SMF because I'm 90% sure they got rid of the hard-coded fonts in it, then we can all upgrade and then fix our templates. :)

Good luck, Michele

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
zoki
Noobie

ICQ - 46742125
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 03:54:14 AM »

Yeah... It kinda sux cause most of the visitors use IE and for now I gotta leave it with all the hard coded fonts :/

So I guess a lesson for everybody is "always use scalable font sizes, like small, medium and large".

Thanks for reply, Michele.

* zoki is waiting for SMF public release.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Little bit confused « previous - next »