Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 05, 2024, 07:01:11 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  YaBB SE BoardMod « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: YaBB SE BoardMod  (Read 6195 times)
chris
Re:YaBB SE BoardMod
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2001, 11:21:58 AM »

my personal opinion (not my admin-opinion *g*)  would be, to not use boardmod.xnull .... at least as long as it is hosted on the xnull-server .... simply because the xnull-server and slow like hell (most of the time) ....  ;)
Michael Prager
YaBB Crony

I'm the BoardMod man

ICQ - 91407017 WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2001, 02:54:44 PM »

hey, I'm always open for suggestions ;)

Don't think the boardmod site has to stay as it is right now, changes are good (at least as long as everyone agrees ;D).

Some people say one of the main reasons for putting up a seperate site is that php and perl are two totally different things. Well that's true in the first place, but this doesn't matter for boardmod at all ;)
All what people have to do right is to select the proper version from the dropdown box.

Confusing people with perl/php shouldn't be such a big prob as you think since the only people who care about it are the mod writers which at least should know the difference to be able to write 'good' mods.

There will always be confused people but you'll not be able to change that. Some just need a bit longer to understand ;)

Also, the reason why boardmod looks a bit untidy sometimes might depend on the fact that it is currently running by a single person!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2001, 02:57:32 PM by [CV]XXL » Logged

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

G2Koolio
Noobie

Web Diviner

ICQ - 40463845 WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2001, 03:19:04 PM »

My personal opinion would be to be able to go to just a site that held all completed and tested mods for the1 board in 1 place... maybe with some images as well and all of those nice little options in one.

Browsing through the mods seciton of boardmod at xnull having to make sure that you don't D Lsomething for Y1G or SP1 while looking for SE Mods.

Even people that know the distinct difference between PHP & MySQL could easilly pick up a perl scripted mod. While they might not going anywhere with it... while in a hurry to get something someone said was finished or so... its very much a possibility.

The question doesn't necessarilly stand as to whether or not it'd be too confusing solely... but it could also save time to seperate the two.

But thats just an opinion  ;D

Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2001, 05:23:54 PM »

just some small changes to the site could easily avoid confusion - how many people have we had XXL trying to use Gold mods on SP1? Close to Zero!

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2001, 05:55:58 PM »

Well we'll be discussing things shortly about all of this.  We'd like to maintain some kind of control over some mods and have some mods that we review to ensure there are no crap ones going out there and conflicting with others.

The appropriate people will be contacted ;)

G2Koolio
Noobie

Web Diviner

ICQ - 40463845 WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2001, 06:58:44 PM »

Well.. in case you wanna use the template elsewhere.. and aren't going to be using my particular board.. and since I like that template..

can I zip it then e-mail it to you.. that way I can make use of that board instead of it just laying there on site?

Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2001, 08:07:35 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 26, 2001, 05:55:58 PMWell we'll be discussing things shortly about all of this.  We'd like to maintain some kind of control over some mods and have some mods that we review to ensure there are no crap ones going out there and conflicting with others.

damn, i guess that doesnt include me :(
i do agree though - there should be some sort of high council to review mods and some guidelines set out or exactly how the modifications are to take place.....

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2001, 08:11:09 PM »

Hehe nope ;)  Well who knows, I don't know your role at Boardmod.

Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2001, 08:58:18 PM »

I'm a moderator of 5 boards :) (or maybe its 4)... and, um, people there like me cause i help them through im...

:'( i dont know!

;D

G2Koolio
Noobie

Web Diviner

ICQ - 40463845 WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2001, 09:01:30 PM »

Quote from: G2Koolio on December 26, 2001, 06:58:44 PMWell.. in case you wanna use the template elsewhere.. and aren't going to be using my particular board.. and since I like that template..

can I zip it then e-mail it to you.. that way I can make use of that board instead of it just laying there on site?

Repeats self  ;D

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2001, 09:30:11 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 26, 2001, 05:55:58 PMWell we'll be discussing things shortly about all of this.  

Repeats self  ;D

G2Koolio
Noobie

Web Diviner

ICQ - 40463845 WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2001, 11:45:41 PM »

My bad  ;D I thoughts you wuz talking to the 5 board mod person

I waits then... patiently if I must ;)

Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  YaBB SE BoardMod « previous - next »