Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14, 2024, 08:33:05 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done] Collapsable Category Mod ->v0.4.1X<- « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done] Collapsable Category Mod ->v0.4.1X<-  (Read 11166 times)
vorapoap (vory)

Not considered either a living or death

[Done] Collapsable Category Mod ->v0.4.1X<-
« on: May 09, 2002, 12:38:02 AM »

The name says it... The images of closed and opened category is taken from Godai website. (Server-side)

Get this new mod v0.4.1X
Get this old mod v0.3b

For people who have applied the Online Time Mod before, you have to undo it and reapply the new v0.3 version before install this mod.

No JavaScript.. just purely PHP.

The configure of opened/closed category is kept in only  one integer with the bitwise operation. So it can work only if your board doesn't have more than 32 categories. :P Do you use that much?

V0.3
A few hours after v0.2, now it is fully working with Guest through browser cookie expired in 1 hour. For the logged in user, the setting is maintained in yabbse_mebers

V0.4
Add new message indicator if the category is close, and add the collapse/expand all button. (This is getting more complicated, so I have included Readme.txt file, with the upgrade_db.php, and one new English button image) You will have to modify language file too, see it yourself.

V0.4.1
Instead of using that old new indicator, I have made a new close arrow which is flashing. I hope you like it. and of course, this is to new indicator bug as well.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 06:57:38 PM by vorapoap (vory) » Logged

On the route to hell...
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Re:[Done] Collapsable Category Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 12:39:43 AM »

Java or PHP?
vorapoap (vory)

Re:[Done] Collapsable Category Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 12:40:24 AM »

PHP Server-side

On the route to hell...
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Re:[Done] Collapsable Category Mod (Server-side)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2002, 01:32:05 AM »

The point of this is gone mostly, some people have anywhere from 32 to 50 to more boards, those are the main needers of this mod :-/
vorapoap (vory)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2002, 01:54:06 AM »

Quote from: Jedi~ on May 09, 2002, 01:32:05 AMThe point of this is gone mostly, some people have anywhere from 32 to 50 to more boards, those are the main needers of this mod :-/

Yes .. and I hope that nobody will have no more 32 categories?.. I can use the bigint.. which might result in the 64 categories. but I think 32 is enough.. to get it to work with 64 categories.. you just change the run-once SQL queries.. ALTER.. to add bigint column instead of int column

On the route to hell...
groundup
Disciple of Joe, Head Cleric
Mod Team
YaBB God

Error 309: Please notify the administrator of this

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2002, 03:23:45 AM »

might want to make a quick script for that before someone does something stupid (just write the code in a post)

http://www.fastfinancialfreedom.org - financial freedom is a myth
fastfinancialfreedom.org
Structuralist
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2002, 05:25:33 AM »

I just took off my post in case anyone read it. The problem I was having was that the changed Mod files did not upload to the server.
I uploaded them again and the mod works but with one problem. I am getting the following warning message:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/structur/public_html/prof_bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 142

To add to this: The above error message occurs at the top of the screen. The icons are in place to the left of the categories but you can only collapse one category at a time. If you try to collapse more than one, the last one chosen will collapse and the last one will expand.

Can anyon help m with this?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2002, 05:37:49 AM by Structuralist » Logged
myk

I'm a llama! *spit*

ICQ - 1938747 WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2002, 08:56:38 AM »

thanks for the mod. sure as heck helps on boards like mine.

can you add 2 features? :D
1) a "collapse/expand all" button
2) an indicator that is used to denote new posts under a category

thx again

claimed mods:
none. the world is better off with me on the receiving end of mods rather than the giving end
vorapoap (vory)

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2002, 10:31:24 AM »

Quote from: Structuralist on May 09, 2002, 05:25:33 AMWarning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/structur/public_html/prof_bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 142

Have other mod you are using modified Load.php? I think that would be the reason.

138:   if($username != 'Guest')
139:   {
140:      $request = mysql_query("SELECT passwd,realName,emailAddress,websiteTitle,websiteUrl,signature,posts,memberGroup,ICQ,AIM,YIM, gender,personalText,avatar,dateRegistered,location,birthdate,timeFormat,timeOffset,hideEmail, ID_MEMBER,memberName,MSN,catToggle FROM {$db_prefix}members WHERE memberName='$username' LIMIT 1");
140:      /* If we found the user... */
141:      if (mysql_num_rows($request) != 0)

After the mod is applied, the code around line 138-141 should look like that (excluding line numbers). if there is other mod has modified this, I don't think the mod can be applied anyway (with BoardMod).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2002, 12:15:15 AM by vory » Logged

On the route to hell...
vorapoap (vory)

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2002, 10:41:00 AM »

Quote from: myk on May 09, 2002, 08:56:38 AMcan you add 2 features? :D

Thank you for using my work :D

The first option is easy.. For the second, I must see first how the message system is working.  but well, let see if other people want it.... so I will do it. but maybe distributed as a different version...

Most of all I am lazy to create a button  :o

On the route to hell...
vorapoap (vory)

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2002, 10:44:16 AM »

Quote from: groundup on May 09, 2002, 03:23:45 AMmight want to make a quick script for that before someone does something stupid (just write the code in a post)

Yes, I know. the whole thing is in the ZIP file.. don't be worried..

On the route to hell...
PlonkerFish

Chicken

plonkerfish@hotmail.com
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2002, 11:14:31 AM »

Quote from: myk on May 09, 2002, 08:56:38 AMcan you add 2 features? :D

heh, I need this for my board as well. If you want to see it installed, here it is: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~temple/forum/index.php

Thanks

PF

If i don't make sense, please tell me.

I stole this avatar. I wonder how long it will take before the person finds out!
myk

I'm a llama! *spit*

ICQ - 1938747 WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2002, 11:54:28 AM »

click here for a list of people who'd like to use this mod ;)

and the first option is the least important one... i've already had a few members on my site ~whine~ about not being able to tell if there's a new post under a category. i try to feel bad for them, but being on a T1, i cant!

claimed mods:
none. the world is better off with me on the receiving end of mods rather than the giving end
Jedi~
Eric
Beta Tester
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2002, 02:24:43 PM »

I dont know how the mod is made, but why is it limited to 32? That doesn't make sense, use a tinyint with a value of 0 or 1 to determine whether it's closed in new log table.
vorapoap (vory)

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2002, 04:29:25 PM »

No it is using the yabbse_members. and the operation is done in bit level.  INT is the 32-bit variable in MySQL. that is why it can do only 32 category. for BIGINT, I believe it is the 64-bit variable.. so it can do 64 category.

Bitwise operation is always faster than other arithmatic operation. if you look into the code.. you will understand. I use one slot in settings[] as a one variable to keep all category status. I don't know about your mood mod.. but I don't want to create a new table.. maybe it is necessary.. I will think about it.. but I won't change the way this variable is maintained.. nothing is better than keeping the flag on off like this than using a bit level.

On the route to hell...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done] Collapsable Category Mod ->v0.4.1X<- « previous - next »