Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 05, 2024, 05:24:49 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Password to user problem!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Password to user problem!!!  (Read 2265 times)
sunpetch
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Password to user problem!!!
« on: November 27, 2003, 02:33:47 PM »

HI,

I have a report from some of my user at the fourm..they told me that there is a password problem.. When they try to login with the password that the forum generate for the first...They just cannot loging..???  I don;t know why..since I have no problem..and some other have no problm as well... Do you think it is about cookie ??

But if i set in the admin, to not send the email password when registration..this will help ?? and he user can insert their password right away ??
Shadow's Pawn
Support Team
YaBB God

ich soll nicht toten

ICQ - 8039201shadowpawn@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Password to user problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 09:48:55 PM »

I had this problem before on my board.  It was because the guy couldn't read his password (his eyesight was poor) and kept putting in the wrong one.

Make sure they copy and paste the password from the email when they are logging in.

Or.. you can just allow them to choose their own passwords when they register.

apologize \A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. - To lay the foundation for a future offense.
username00001111
Noobie

Como Se Llama?

Re:Password to user problem!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 07:57:47 PM »

Also, when a password is generated and sent to the user, it will not send their username, it will send their displayed name. You can not login with your displayed name. Wish I knew how to fix this.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Password to user problem!!! « previous - next »