Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 04, 2024, 10:53:58 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.4]Cool new topic display look (neater, more organised) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Beta 1.5.4]Cool new topic display look (neater, more organised)  (Read 8082 times)
pege

Re:[Beta 1.5.4]Cool new topic display look (neater, more organised)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 04:40:56 PM »

Hmm, well, I do have boardmod, and i can do all of the steps in the instructions for installing the mod untill it comes to (open the .mod file in boardmod and mod it accordingly).  At that time i dont know what to do since i dont know what to do in boardmod.

try this, and let me know what happens:

1) If you haven't already, download the *Boardmod* tool.

2) After installing Boardmod, create a sub-folder called "YaBB SE" in your "Mods" folder (e.g. c:\Program Files\boardmod\Mods\YaBB SE).

3) Place "integratedchat2_151.mod" into the YaBB SE folder.

4) Launch Boardmod, and select the YaBB SE folder from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.

5) Highlight the "integratedchat2_151.mod" in the mod list box beneath the menu where you selected YaBB SE.

6) Check which files Boarmod changes in the "Files to Edit" box near the lower left hand corner (in this case "There are 4 files to edit: Sources\Subs.php, english.lng, Index.php, Sources\ModSettings.php").  *Back these files up somewhere* so you can easily restore them if something goes wrong.

7) Create a folder on your hard drive where you can use an FTP client to upload those files from your web site.  Since this mod changes files in your Sources directory, you will need to create a sub-folder called "Sources" (e.g. c:\chat\sources).  

8) Load "Index.php" and "english.lng" into the "chat" folder, and the other two in the "Sources" folder, just as they would be on your site (Boardmod always uses the "Index.php" as a reference to find the "Path to Script", so you'll always need to have that file in your folder where you want the files to be modified, even if it is not itself being changed).

9) Type the path to the folder where you uploaded your files to be modded, including "Index.php" (e.g. c:\chat\Index.php), in the "Path to Script" box.  

10) Select the installation mode ("Fast..." or "Step by Step...") at the bottom of Boardmod, then click the checkbox for the "integratedchat2_151.mod" in the Mod box on the right.  If you select Fast mode, Boardmod should zip through all the files and make changes automatically.  If you chose the Step-by-step option, you'll have to click once to confirm each step of modification.

11) Upload your modded files back to your site, and follow the additional instructions in the "Description" box on Boardmod (e.g. upload "Chat.php" to your sources directory, chmod it to 666, upload your "chat.gif" to the YaBBImages directory, etc.).  There is also a database file ("chatdb.php") you'll have to run by typing it's URL into your web browser (e.g. "www.mysite/YaBBSE/chatdb.php")

If any errors occur, Boardmod should tell you what they are.  One common problem is it couldn't find the string it was supposed to modify in your files.  This can be because the mod is for a different version of YaBB than you are trying to change, or you have previously modified the same strings.  Usually you can get arround this by clicking the "Mod Editor" button in the lower right hand corner of Boardmod, and editing the mod itself.  You can delete steps where it couldn't find a string, run the mod again, then do the other steps manually.  Or, you may find an error in the mod itself.  Sometimes, you just have to experiment and think about this stuff to make it work.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 04:44:47 PM by pege » Logged
[Forbiden]

"Every story has its ending"

Re:[Beta 1.5.4]Cool new topic display look (neater, more organised)
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 07:50:18 PM »

Thank you, i was able to install it.  Thank you again man.

Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.5.4]Cool new topic display look (neater, more organised) « previous - next »