Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 03, 2024, 03:54:16 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Installation Problem please help .... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Installation Problem please help ....  (Read 2931 times)
The_ReVenger
Noobie

ProjectSX - The Webmaster Resources Site !

ICQ - 126212168
Installation Problem please help ....
« on: December 23, 2001, 12:08:31 AM »

When i fill in everything right, i get this after step 3 :

Warning: Host '216.118.123.2' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 175

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host '216.118.123.2' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 175
Cannot connect to database server with given data

Though i filled out everything correctly, so what's up with it ? Please help !

I'm back, i'm back i'm back i'm back ^_^
Patty

Drat. I caught Darth Llama.

Re:Installation Problem please help ....
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 12:11:31 AM »

This is after when you entered your database name and password?
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »

The database user/password combination you filled out in your boxes, does not have permission to connect to your database server.

Make sure you have the right database user/password/server combination....if you do, and you still can't connect, contact your provider for the correct login for database access.

The_ReVenger
Noobie

ICQ - 126212168
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2001, 12:14:43 AM »

I can make databases myself because i have a own domain + space and everything on it. It just isn't working properly.

Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2001, 12:21:36 AM »

It really indicates that it is working properly, but that the connection-data you specified does not give access to the needed rights.

Install phpMyAdmin on your server, and try to connect to it with the same connection string you specified for connecting from the install script...see if you can connect to it. If not, create or alter a user which can connect.

Remember that you could have restricted your account to only allow your home-pc IP to log in. You will need to set an account which will also accept 'localhost' or just the IP your server is using.
The easiest way for that is just to specify '%' as the allowed hosts. This will allow all IP's to connect to the source, though they would still have to fill in a username and password.

Oh, or write a php script yourself which tests the connection, if you know how to do so.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2001, 12:23:28 AM by Dave Smulders » Logged

The_ReVenger
Noobie

ICQ - 126212168
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2001, 12:24:52 AM »

PHPMyAdmin is already installed on the server, automatically. And i contacted my host i will see what they will say, but please help me further....

Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 12:32:36 AM »

Well, did your login work ?

specify the same username/password and servername (I think this will be localhost)
You can find the connection information in the config.inc.php3 file, located in your phpMyAdmin directory on your server.

Patty

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2001, 12:37:29 AM »

What did you type in? I know I need to type in something that looks like, "williamgird_yabbse" when I enter both my name and database, even though the database is named "yabbse."
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2001, 12:46:24 AM »

Patty, are you hosted with xnull or something like that? Sounds like a CPanel type of thing used to create your database?

Patty

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2001, 01:09:20 AM »

Yes, I have a control panel/database manager thingie that links to phpMyAdmin.

I've seen a few people here who've had to do the same thing, which is why I bring it up.
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2001, 01:13:02 AM »

Yep, the control panel adds the prefix to the database name...if you look with phpMyAdmin, the database is called 'prefix_name', while it shows as 'name' in the control panel.

Confusing for a lot of people, and a good point to bring up :)

The_ReVenger
Noobie

ICQ - 126212168
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2001, 10:49:08 AM »

Well i tried it but it still isn't working ..... Can anyone please help me out ?

Maybe an admin can help me out ? I can give adres etc .....
Ok, now i can connect, but now i get these errors :

Warning: file("/php/Settings.php") - No such file or directory in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 155

Warning: fopen("/Settings.php","w") - Permission denied in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 170

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 172

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 172

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/powergam/public_html/forum/install.php on line 173

, please help me with this ? The place where i installed the forum is /home/powergam/public_html/forum/php/ but it's giving /home/powergam/public_html/forum/ as you see.....please help me!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2001, 10:57:40 AM by The_ReVenger » Logged

Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2001, 04:02:42 PM »

You are not supposed to type a / in front of your relative paths.

Btw. What's the use of an admin if your problems -are- being solved ?

The_ReVenger
Noobie

ICQ - 126212168
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2001, 05:24:38 PM »

That's it, my problems aren't being solved, so pleae help, can any admin please help me.......or anyone who know something about YaBB SE, i would really appreciate it. If you need the info to help me pm or email me or post it :)

Patty

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2001, 05:46:52 PM »

Quote/home/powergam/public_html/forum/php/

Do you have a trailing "/" at the END of your path?
That could screw it up. Take out the trailing "/" after "php."

If that still doesn't work, I'd be willing to try to install it -- seeing how I've installed/deleted my board -- oh, at least 20 times in the past two weeks  :P
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Installation Problem please help .... « previous - next »