Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 03, 2024, 04:50:07 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Database backups « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Database backups  (Read 1612 times)
WedgeAntilles250
Database backups
« on: December 21, 2001, 03:24:46 PM »

I understand that this board using MySQL.  What if I move to a new hosting provider.  I just can't take my database with me like I did with YaBB 1 Gold.

Will you be providing a way so as to backup a database and then later restore it?
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:Database backups
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 03:27:38 PM »

If you have mySQL you can back it up and take it with you easily.  You can do a dump of it at the command line or in something like phpmyadmin.

But...we do in fact have a backup/restore feature but it wasn't totally ready to release right away.

WedgeAntilles250
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 03:30:57 PM »

I gotta says, you guys are doing a good job.  I like it already.
PHPlugin

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 05:10:24 PM »

This board is great!

thats all i have to say!

;D
Chris Hart
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 11:18:03 PM »

Hi, this looks pretty cool and I'd love to install it right away! The problem is - I have very basic access to MySQL with my host - all done through a very simple control panel. I've been running the Perl version for around six months and have found it so easy to backup - simply downloading the appropriate folders regularly. My host has had a couple of problems where the backup has saved me and I've been able to restore and get up and running almost straight away.

What is the status of the backup/restore tool you mention? Is there an alternative way for me to backup the contents of my database - perhaps a free script I can download or something?

Hope you can help.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2001, 11:21:51 PM »

Do you know what control panel runs your access to mySQL?

Chris Hart
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 10:19:53 AM »

I'm not sure that it is a direct MySQL control panel. The only control I have is the one provided by the host which I also use to change my host password, look at my site access logs, enable frontpage extensions etc. Install MySQL is just one of the options in there which I selected yesterday. Once installed I am then able to create new tables through the interface provided. Each user is allowed one database only.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Database backups « previous - next »