Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 02, 2024, 02:49:55 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Convert only message base not membership « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Convert only message base not membership  (Read 2903 times)
IceCubes4Fun
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Convert only message base not membership
« on: March 01, 2002, 08:47:58 PM »

Can this be done? Ive tried 4 times now to convert my database which is huge and it keeps getting stuck. I want to convert but only convert the boards and messages and forget the members, and let them reregister. Whats the best way to do this, or is there a good way to do this?

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:Convert only message base not membership
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 09:36:41 PM »

Well you could fool the converter, so when it's about to do the members, change the step number that is being passed so that it skips the step that does members...not sure of the numbers offhand...

Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 09:32:19 AM »

I'm not a coder - therefor I ask you Jeff -, but isn't it possible (or why not ?) to delete the lines from "converter.php" which are doing the conversion for the members ? Or does it destroy the rest of the conversion too much ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2002, 09:32:43 AM by Spawn7 » Logged

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2002, 03:30:48 PM »

yeah you could but it's probably easier just to add the step number manually (so it steps over the member conversion step).

Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2002, 03:36:51 PM »

Thx. :)

supamike

I'm... a llama!?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 10:26:58 PM »

Jeff--

I need to do this SAME thing, which is convert ONLY the boards and messages.

I'm not worried about the members, settings, variables, etc., because I've installed mods (like password encryption) and I don't want that to be an issue. I'll let my members sign up again and then adjust their post counts manually. I've also got a new template going, and I don't want to mess that up.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what you mean by changing the step numbers to step over the member conversion step, etc... I don't know quite enough about PHP for that. I looked in the PHP file, and all I saw was step 1B repeated. Can you help?!  :P

I am converting from Gold SP1.x w/mods to SE 1.5.4.

Thanks!!!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Convert only message base not membership « previous - next »