Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 02, 2024, 04:36:58 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Converting from SP1.2 to SE « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Converting from SP1.2 to SE  (Read 3710 times)
NaturalStateReb

Converting from SP1.2 to SE
« on: May 07, 2003, 08:53:05 PM »

I'm using a YaBB SP1.2 board and I'm afraid that it's going to be a bandwidth eater in the near future.  How hard is it to convert from an SP1.2 board with three mods (karma, polls, calendar) to the latest version of YaBBSE?  What do I need to make it happen, and how long does it take?

Thanks for any answers you can give me.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Converting from SP1.2 to SE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 09:27:28 PM »

Shouldn't be hard.  All those mods are included in YaBB SE.

-[Unknown]
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 10:11:18 PM »

Though, if you use the converter, I do not believe support for comverting the data from th emods you mention is included.

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 11:03:00 PM »

Quote from: Shoeb Omar on May 07, 2003, 10:11:18 PM
Though, if you use the converter, I do not believe support for comverting the data from th emods you mention is included.

Indeed, I do seem to recall someone doing an advanced converted that did a few common mods aswell, but that may have been a figment of my imagination.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 11:17:43 PM »

Quote from: Scotty_B on May 07, 2003, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: Shoeb Omar on May 07, 2003, 10:11:18 PM

Indeed, I do seem to recall someone doing an advanced converted that did a few common mods aswell, but that may have been a figment of my imagination.

I don't know that Chris Cromer wrote any converters for YaBB....

-[Unknown]
pet_ffm
Noobie

there's no cure for the pain

petra_ffm69@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 12:07:59 AM »

hi there,
i recently converted my board and everything went smooth (THANKs for the converter).

....well except for the polls, which were lost.
However the posts are still there.
Unfortenately polls are essential for my site as it rates surfspots, camps etc.

So, is there a way of adding a poll to an existing topic ?
than I could at least re-poll my threads instead of completely re-posting all spots and camps  ::)

thanks for any help
NaturalStateReb

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 01:08:39 PM »

Do you need to do anything special to set up an SQL database, or does the converter accomplish this task if your server has mySQL available?
MRose
Noobie

I shoot llamas!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 09:13:20 AM »

Quote from: Mike Bonds on June 04, 2003, 01:08:39 PM
Do you need to do anything special to set up an SQL database, or does the converter accomplish this task if your server has mySQL available?

Now that's the $64000 question...now Mike, when do you have time to fulfill your lawyerly duties when you're doing this all the time?  ;)

NaturalStateReb

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 08:30:44 PM »

Quote from: MRose on June 06, 2003, 09:13:20 AM

Now that's the $64000 question...now Mike, when do you have time to fulfill your lawyerly duties when you're doing this all the time?  ;)

Just bailing your boy hSv out of trouble.  lol
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 11:12:39 PM »

do an normal yabb se install, then run the converter if i remember correctly, its been 13 months since I converted
NaturalStateReb

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 10:05:47 PM »

Alright, I get these errors:

Parse error: parse error in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/Settings.php on line 157

Warning: main(/Subs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Subs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 46

Warning: main(/Errors.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Errors.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 47

Warning: main(/Load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 48

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Load.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 48

Warning: main(/Security.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 49

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/Security.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/u4/hogville/html/yabbse/index.php on line 50
Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Any thoughts?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 10:06:27 PM by Mike Bonds » Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Converting from SP1.2 to SE « previous - next »