Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 02, 2024, 07:18:20 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Looking for Advanced Notification Mod « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Looking for Advanced Notification Mod  (Read 1468 times)
Structuralist
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

Looking for Advanced Notification Mod
« on: December 31, 2001, 07:30:34 PM »

Of all the mods that I have added to my boards, the two most important to me are File Attachment (included in SE) and Advanced Notification.

Does anyone have an idea when Advanced Notify is comming to SE or if it is even in the works???

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:Looking for Advanced Notification Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2002, 04:31:11 PM »

What is the Advanced Notify mod?

Structuralist
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

Re:Looking for Advanced Notification Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2002, 07:57:57 PM »

Notify Plus 21. The  mod allows registered users to click off the boards that they wish to track. Every time a thread is started or an existing thread is replied to, a copy of the message is sent to each member who is traking the board. The recipient receives the message in either HTML or Plain Text format and from what I understand, the latest version (21) allows the reader to respond without logging onto the board.

It's a mock mailing list of sorts. I like it because it is a trade-off between a BBS and Mailing List (Listservice). On most lists, the reader takes what comes - if the board is diverse then the reader can be inundated with more messages than want to receive by e-mail. However, with the Notify Plus Mod, they can limit threads to specific topics and reduce the amount of e-mail that floods their mailbox.

I hope this one gets converted.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Looking for Advanced Notification Mod « previous - next »