Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20, 2024, 12:17:37 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Ignore Options « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Ignore Options  (Read 1384 times)
Morph3us
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Ignore Options
« on: March 10, 2002, 05:46:28 PM »

the admin of a message board i frequent quite often has created an "ignore thread" option for yabbse.
i was wondering if an "ignore posts by user"
or "ignore posts by nonregistered user" options would be considered as part of the future releases?
or if there are any interested coders out there that may take up the task?
Zef Hemel
Advisor
YaBB God

Me too

ICQ - 61109769 WWW
Re:Ignore Options
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 06:08:09 PM »

Reading topics will be impossible to read if some posts by some users are lost and it will cause lots of double answers. I doubt anyone would appreciate that feature.

Daniel Hofverberg
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 10:19:36 AM »

I agree with Zef. Ignoring posts by certain users makes no sense whatsoever...
Morph3us
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 01:22:08 PM »

a board that i frequent has certain members that never post anything of any use, and their posts are very rarely anything anyone would respond to.

there are quite a few people that i enjoy talking to on the forum, and also quite a few that i do not. it would be nice to be able to filter out posts by users whose general message content lacks anything remotely interesting or entertaining.
i see where youre coming from.. but please understand that the type of posters i wish to ignore never post anything of value.. and their posts absence wouldnt break the continuity of the  thread of messages or leave any sort of "where did that come from" feelings..

having an "ignore posts by non-registered users" option would eliminate the awful posts by board trolls that drop by to cause problems. for example.. our admin had to remove quite a few posts by people who took it upon themselves to start lewd and offensive comments about the majority of regulars on the board, including the moderators.

i didnt think that such a request would be unheard of, i hope you understand where im coming from now in my request/query
« Last Edit: March 12, 2002, 01:22:52 PM by Morph3us » Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Ignore Options « previous - next »