Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 06, 2024, 05:02:54 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Conversion Not Working « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Conversion Not Working  (Read 3891 times)
Woloi
Noobie

Conversion Not Working
« on: January 22, 2002, 06:28:29 PM »

I'm in a robotics club at my school, and we currently have a YaBB SP1 Gold forum up and running.  You can see that here:

http://nervae.phenominet.com/cgi-bin/first/yabb/YaBB.pl

I'm also in a boy scout troop, and I recently converted a YaBB SP1 Gold forum without a hitch.  That can be view here:

http://www.myspace.d2g.com/yabb/index.php

Anyways, I downloaded the Robotics forums onto my server, the same one running the second forum, to try and convert it to see how it would come out.  This is the result:

http://www.myspace.d2g.com/yabbRobotics/index.php

As you can see, something is not right, although the conversion said everything was set up correctly.  I could probably try to figure out the problem by myself, but I have an AP World History midterm tomorrow, and I do need to study, so if anyone has any possible solutions, I would be greatful.

Also, both YaBB SE forums are version 1.0.0, and they are both running on a win2k server.  Hope that helps.
Woloi
Noobie

Re:Conversion Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 11:44:22 PM »

Come on here, someone's got to know the answer!  This can't be the first time that something like this has ever happened.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I think when I try to go tohttp://www.myspace.d2g.com/yabbRobotics/index.php, it just kind of opens up the english.lng file instead.  I'm not sure why it does this, and even if I knew PHP (I can read most of it, but I can't write it), I have a big AP World History midterm coming up, so I don't have much time for the next day or two.

Anyways, if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 12:23:36 AM »

It looks like english.lng merged with index.php...

Can you try to reinstall?

Woloi
Noobie

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 12:41:02 AM »

hmm, i guess i could, just have to go and pull out a bunch of files from different computers, but i can do it.  when i loaded that all up, and saw the english.lng at the top, i knew something was wrong :D.  thanks for the help, now i'll go try to fix it.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2002, 12:59:00 AM »

It's weird, I have never seen that before :)  Did you upload .ya as binary?

Woloi
Noobie

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2002, 01:23:06 AM »

i'm running that off a win2k server, and the way i do it, i don't "upload" things.  i just move around the folders.  it's worked for two other 1.0.0 boards i made, so i do know sort of what i'm doing.  as for myself, when i saw that, i was very surpirsed, although i realized what had happened almost right away, but i just couldn't explain it, and still can't.

also, i have a midterm tomorrow (1/23/02), so i'll be busy for about half the day.  otherwise, i'll try to fix it ASAP, and see if thats still a problem.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Conversion Not Working « previous - next »