Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 07, 2024, 03:50:38 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  SP1 + Mods conversion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: SP1 + Mods conversion  (Read 2733 times)
Raine
SP1 + Mods conversion
« on: January 18, 2002, 12:48:48 AM »

Hello all,

So I installed my Y1G SP1 recently and opened it to the public yesterday...it was great!  130+ users, 600 posts, and many guests ...

Problem was , it slowed down so badly, and then eventually crashed.

My question is, does switching to PHP help?  Will that lighten the load on the server?  

And secondly, I've installed the add-more-groups mod as well as the announcement board mod... is the conversion still safe?  and will I still have the groups?

my board :: www.eldaronline.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

thanks for the help!
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

Re:SP1 + Mods conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 03:12:23 PM »

The advantage of YaBB SE is the MySQL database, in which a big part of the files are saved. Therefor the board is fast. The Announcement Board Mod is included (I think so) in Version 1.1.0, but you'll loose every other mod installed. In version 1.1.0 you'll have the Custom-Title mod, which is different to the Add More Membergroups mod :(.... Perhaps you know it from YaBB SP1.
Blame me if something is wrong ;D.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  SP1 + Mods conversion « previous - next »