Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 06, 2024, 11:07:50 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Problems installing and converting on f2s server « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Problems installing and converting on f2s server  (Read 3495 times)
SA High Pinged LPB
Problems installing and converting on f2s server
« on: January 06, 2002, 12:02:05 AM »

ok.. I tried to install YaBB 2 first (the safe mode one, since f2s has php in safe mode) and this is what I get:

QuoteWarning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /web/sites/136/webmasta/www.webmasta.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB2/install.php on line 102

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /web/sites/136/webmasta/www.webmasta.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB2/install.php on line 102
Cannot connect to database server with given data  

First, what are the CDMODs for all the directories supposed to be? 2nd, Is the user name and password or directory for f2s different? I can't find it anywhere in their FAQs. I just put localhost and my ftp username and password as it said in the install file.
TheJkWhoSaysNi
YaBB God

I dont know what to put here, i'll leave it blank.

ICQ - 122821095TheJkWhoSaysNi@evilemail.com WWW
Re:Problems installing and converting on f2s server
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 01:38:17 PM »

firstly, YaBB 2? hehe

secondly, You do know that f2s is cancelling the free service at the end of feb?

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
I'm listening to....
TheJkWhoSaysNi
YaBB God

I dont know what to put here, i'll leave it blank.

ICQ - 122821095TheJkWhoSaysNi@evilemail.com WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2002, 01:39:36 PM »

ohh.. you need to signup for a database methinks, go to f2s's site and login then in there theres a like called database something, you have to create a database. :)

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
I'm listening to....
SA High Pinged LPB
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2002, 05:49:32 PM »

yeah, I know their cancelling the free service on feb 28th. I'll be getting a domain name before then and I'll have a new web host, so that wont be a problem, but until then, I'm stuck w/ f2s, heh.

Thanx for the help.. I had no idea about the database thing they had there. I'll try that now. :)
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Problems installing and converting on f2s server « previous - next »