Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 06, 2024, 08:32:04 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Slow SE Board? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Slow SE Board?  (Read 3245 times)
stephen
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

Slow SE Board?
« on: December 26, 2001, 01:35:58 PM »

Hello! First off, I love the YaBB update!  Secondly, I love the installer and convertor! Wow...

Okay, here is my problem. My new board is slow! I don't know if it's becuase of my ISP (prohosting.com), because I converted a board, or because ??? but it is slow enough to make me register and ask a question! :) Any ideas? Can I put some indexes on the MySQL dB to speed things up? you can view the board http://www.teamnse.com/yabbse/index.php if you want to see what I'm talking about.  The kicker is, sometimes it moves fast??? I dunno.

Whatever it is, it is definitely slower than the Gold version overall. I'm hoping there are some variables I can change that will improve the speed.  I do have the 'Disable output caching' feature checked as well as the 'Compress Output'.

Other than all of this, thanks again for the board! My conversion went very smoothly, and I didn't even use the SafeMode version! :) With that said, perhaps I posted this in the wrong section? :( Ooops.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2001, 01:45:58 PM by stephen » Logged
Razgo

Dance with the Beat

ICQ - 144284881 WWW
Re:Slow SE Board?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2001, 01:50:07 PM »

works fast for me  ;D

I'm in Australia on cable. although I did notice a parse error in your flame forum "buster rice alert"

stephen
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2001, 03:03:14 PM »

Hmmm, I'm lost on both accounts then, because it is still working slow for me! :(  (thanks for you response!)

As far as the error, this is the second time I have seen it.... I dunno
Razgo

Dance with the Beat

ICQ - 144284881 WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2001, 03:14:13 PM »

yeh it could be just at your ISP end. as this board is slow sometimes but yours was much faster. it's not always easy to track why some some sites are slow.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2001, 03:14:37 PM by Razgo » Logged

stephen
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2001, 03:15:18 PM »

I just posted the error on the YaBB bug tracker. We'll see what the deal is there. Thanks for the heads up. As far as the speed, if anyone else could check it out and let me know how it works, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps it's my expectactions, or maybe there is a CPU intensive app on the same server I am on that kills performance? (prohosting.com might get a call!)

Sometimes it will take like 15 seconds for a page to appear and sometimes over 30 seconds for a message to post, and this is on a T1 connection (I.E. 5.5 and 6.0)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2001, 03:17:14 PM by stephen » Logged
Razgo

Dance with the Beat

ICQ - 144284881 WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2001, 03:49:34 PM »

one other thing you can check is turn off your proxy or select another one to see if your proxy server is slow, as this occurs with my ISP sometimes so I switch it off.

skotmiller
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2001, 07:45:35 PM »

My board was fast at first then got VERY slow. I noticed that it was trying to connect to www.t35.com. I went to the t35 site and there is a notice that says they are upgrading over the next few weeks. I can only assume that is what is causing the slowdown. I looked in the files for the forum to remove the instruction, but couldn't find it. I hope this issue gets fixed or a remedy would be posted soon. If I wanted the slow service I wouldn't of bought my server and would of used t35 to host my site
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Slow SE Board? « previous - next »